Questioning of the Evolutionary Theory - Darwin...

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ramu

Re: Questioning of the Evolutionary Theory - Darwin...

Post by Ramu »

One could also call Brahman and Atman anthropomorphic terms also...I mean insofar as we're using language. Or just concepts. What you are as Brahman is neither a concept nor a thing. It is No Thing. Its all Consciousness. I am not my body. But I am the Witness of body. I am Source itself. Source doesn't see itself. Much akin to a flashlight shining light in the dark. It illuminates the room but not the flashlight itself.
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

Atla wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 pm
Ramu wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:20 pm The Universe is a Giant, infinite mind with infinite intelligence. Intelligence is way more involved and way more complicated than some stupid, irrelevant pen and paper test that is somehow supposed to "measure" intelligence. Intelligence is from the universe. Why do people give themselves credit for high IQ when its really a gift from the universe? Of course no one is allowed to suggest that the universe is intelligent in main stream science. Its certainly not the kind of thinking accepted in main stream academia!
Becoming an Eastern nondualist - good

Falling into a monistic nondual trap, where we start to think that the Brahman is really some huge intelligent mind playing with itself - bad
Where else would mind come from? Its certainly not a brain function. You see you keep looking for stuff behind the scenes only to discover there's nothing there. You ARE reality. You realize this once notions of subjective and objective collapse and merge.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Ramu wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:15 pm One could also call Brahman and Atman anthropomorphic terms also...I mean insofar as we're using language. Or just concepts. What you are as Brahman is neither a concept nor a thing. It is No Thing. Its all Consciousness. I am not my body. But I am the Witness of body. I am Source itself. Source doesn't see itself. Much akin to a flashlight shining light in the dark. It illuminates the room but not the flashlight itself.
Where else would mind come from? Its certainly not a brain function. You see you keep looking for stuff behind the scenes only to discover there's nothing there. You ARE reality. You realize this once notions of subjective and objective collapse and merge.
There is no extra Source, that's still dualistic thinking. Reality is nondual.

You can't say "I am not my body. But I am the Witness of body." because you are both, when you apply identification.
You can't say "I am Source itself. Source doesn't see itself." because this "Source" can't "not see itself" to put it in an awkward way, it is always itself. Just as a flashlight is always one and the same with the room it shines light on.

Of course the individual mind is the same as the individual brain. But the individual mind/brain is also one with the Brahman.

You seem to keep making the same "either/or" mistake, where there is a nondual "both".