What holds the nucleus of an atom together?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: What holds the nucleus of an atom together?

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pm
You mentioned God on this thread in the science category when it wasn't your business to do so.
You need to put a disclaimer not to mention the God word then. I didn't realise it was such a barred word.

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pmYou put up a YouTube video that had nothing to do with the OP.
It had everything to do with the OP..it showed very eloquently what holds the nucleus of an atom together, which I thought you would like to see, since you are the one that wanted to know.

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pmThat and your other shenanigans convinced me you have no interest in the subject matter of the OP so please disappear.

PhilX 🇺🇸
I have lots of interest in all things to do with how energy forms into matter.

So NO..I won't disappear, and you can't make me either so there. What you going to do about it, lock me up in some banned thought prison?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Why do people ask questions, but then never want to be shown the answers...?

Why are you philosophers so angry all the time?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:25 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pm
You mentioned God on this thread in the science category when it wasn't your business to do so.
You need to put a disclaimer not to mention the God word then. I didn't realise it was such a barred word.

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pmYou put up a YouTube video that had nothing to do with the OP.
It had everything to do with the OP..it showed very eloquently what holds the nucleus of an atom together, which I thought you would like to see, since you are the one that wanted to know.

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pmThat and your other shenanigans convinced me you have no interest in the subject matter of the OP so please disappear.

PhilX 🇺🇸
I have lots of interest in all things to do with how energy forms into matter.

So NO..I won't disappear, and you can't make me either so there. What you going to do about it, lock me up in some banned thought prison?

Doesn't need a disclaimer as this is the science category. You want to talk about God, do it in the religion category.

The mods can make you disappear if you make a pest of yourself so there. Now disappear.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:32 pm Now disappear.

Can I stay if I talk science only, and not ever mention the God word again?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:28 pm Why do people ask questions, but then never want to be shown the answers...?

Then what are you if you're not a philosopher?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:37 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:28 pm Why do people ask questions, but then never want to be shown the answers...?

Then what are you if you're not a philosopher?

PhilX 🇺🇸
I think I'm a deconstructor... I want to look at the source of matter.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

at the risk of diverting this thread from the Strong Force (i.e what hold atoms together - srong force.

answered

close thread

.....let talk about "virtual particles" (god how i hate QM/QP - i really do - counter common sense).

but nonetheless regardless of my dislike, I guess we can assume Hawking was right? (is there empirical evidence he was (virtual particles exist?)

I'm asking here, not being flippant.

so not only does "space" provide energy (Dark Energy - per an earler poster claiming space offers nothing in and of itself).

it also provides vacuum energy - and via that energy virtual particles (i,e, space itself - via its nature/or its expansion (not a physicist - any that are pleas chime in here)) pop into (and out of) existance (electrons/photons (neutrons too?)...............all the time.

in the case of space near event horizons somehow only 1/2 - the half in "our universe" are able evaporate.....................fk my mind is to small.

is it vise versa - help me here................

about the evaporation of Blackholes via virtual particles (matter (or "matter"?) via vacuum energy of space itself.

smarter minds help me out here.

thanks.