The Big Bang is Wrong

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Viveka

Re: The Big Bang is Wrong

Post by Viveka »

bahman wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:06 pm
Viveka wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:26 pm The Big Bang is nonsense; just a theistic model of genesis (not the biblical) with no scientific support. Dark matter hasn't been detected yet. And with gravitational waves the interferometer won't work because the space the laser beam is moving through, as well as the laser beam, will both ripple at the same time. It is like trying to knock a cowboy off his horse in a movie shown on a flexible screen TV by flexing the screen. And with the CMB: If the CMB is homogeneous, then the big bang is wrong due to the inhomogeneity of the universe. If the CMB is inhomogeneous, then the big bang is wrong due to there being no homogeneous temperature across the universe which would reflect the relic of the big bang's 'bang'. If anything, we should see the CMB refer to the interstellar medium.
Thus there is no room for the big bang, inhomogeneous or homogeneous CMB. Additionally, there are large-scale voids between matter that formed before the big bang's time of genesis allows, and these voids are interspersed with galaxies and superclusters that are connected by bridges of matter, but dark matter cannot model these bridges.
Time has a beginning. It is absurd to discuss of things before time. Therefore the universe has a beginning.
Exactly. Which is why I believe the universe is infinite in time and space.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

At the moment the Big Bang is the furthest point in time that physics can go back to. However this does
not mean it was the point at which time began. Merely the point at which local cosmic expansion began
And there is no scientific reason why the Universe cannot be temporally infinite having existing for ever
bahman

Post by bahman »

Viveka wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:56 am
Viveka wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:26 pm The Big Bang is nonsense; just a theistic model of genesis (not the biblical) with no scientific support. Dark matter hasn't been detected yet. And with gravitational waves the interferometer won't work because the space the laser beam is moving through, as well as the laser beam, will both ripple at the same time. It is like trying to knock a cowboy off his horse in a movie shown on a flexible screen TV by flexing the screen. And with the CMB: If the CMB is homogeneous, then the big bang is wrong due to the inhomogeneity of the universe. If the CMB is inhomogeneous, then the big bang is wrong due to there being no homogeneous temperature across the universe which would reflect the relic of the big bang's 'bang'. If anything, we should see the CMB refer to the interstellar medium.
Thus there is no room for the big bang, inhomogeneous or homogeneous CMB. Additionally, there are large-scale voids between matter that formed before the big bang's time of genesis allows, and these voids are interspersed with galaxies and superclusters that are connected by bridges of matter, but dark matter cannot model these bridges.
Time has a beginning. It is absurd to discuss of things before time. Therefore the universe has a beginning.
I don't think so. Time has a beginning otherwise it would be logically impossible to reach from infinite past to now.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:15 pm

I don't think so. Time has a beginning otherwise it would be logically impossible to reach from infinite past to now.
It's a paradox, it isn't logically impossible.
davidm

Post by davidm »

This is simply false. It is possible to have an infinite number of finitely distant past events.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Viveka wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:13 pm

It's a paradox, it isn't logically impossible.
No, it is a logical impossibility.
bahman

Post by bahman »

davidm wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:17 pm

This is simply false. It is possible to have an infinite number of finitely distant past events.
Can you reach infinity by counting number?
surreptitious57

There are an infinite number of places between any two numbers no matter how small the difference between them actually is
Therefore by the same logic there can be an infinite number of past events of finite distance. To suggest otherwise would mean
that infinity can not be divided up into smaller parts. That would only be true for a quantity so small it could not exist in reality
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

I don't know if it had been mentioned, but there was no one around to hear the "big bang"

-Imp
surreptitious57

The Big Bang is still happening so it is not some event that happened a long time ago
There are plenty around to see it and more specifically all of the worlds cosmologists