The end.

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: The end.

Post by Atla »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:20 pm This is the conclusion of my book:

"But if the universe is made of Big Bang stuff, then so are you. And from the moment you were born, every atom of your being has been churning out Big Bang stuff that will be part of the universe forever.

Who knows what that might mean?"

For some people, this will be the most interesting point. In fact, for others, it will be the only interesting point. But as it is not something I try to develop, because I really don't know, I thought I'd chuck it open to the forum.
The thing is, for all I know, Big Bang stuff was created by some 'god', it might even be god. Perhaps we are in some sense immortal. Who knows?
Anyway, if you haven't already done so, you can check out the book here: http://willijbouwman.blogspot.co.uk
Of course we are made of Big Bang stuff, since we are one and the same with the universe. If you want to call reality "God", then we are God.
Of course "we" are in some sense immortal, but unfortunately this doesn't apply in the everyday sense.

Creation of Big Bang stuff may not be necessary though, we can imagine alternatives. For example time might just go in circle you know, from our perspective. So the part of the universe we can see started from a Big Bang and will end in a Big Crunch and these two are the same moment.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:06 pm Of course we are made of Big Bang stuff
Well, maybe we are made from incoming debris of a distant big bang which is not part of ours.

This has not been disproven.
Atla

Post by Atla »

-1- wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm
Well, maybe we are made from incoming debris of a distant big bang which is not part of ours.

Are there any signs the we come from another Big Bang? I haven't heard of any. (And even if that's so we are still made of Big Bang stuff.)
-1-

Post by -1- »

Atla wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:31 am
-1- wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Are there any signs the we come from another Big Bang? I haven't heard of any. (And even if that's so we are still made of Big Bang stuff.)
You're right about that.