God has to be part of this universe

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

God has to be part of this universe

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Why? By definition, a universe is everything so it can't overlook God.

PhilX

User avatar
A_Seagull
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by A_Seagull » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Why? By definition, a universe is everything so it can't overlook God.

PhilX
And not to mention unicorns and Santa Claus as well!!

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:39 am

A_Seagull wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Why? By definition, a universe is everything so it can't overlook God.

PhilX
And not to mention unicorns and Santa Claus as well!!
I don't think anyone can confuse Santa and unicorns with God. Also I'm sure you don't believe in imaginary diamond planets.

Again for it to be a universe, by definition, it must have everything. To me you seem to be imaginary because you're a bunch of words, just like a chatbot. Can you prove your existence here?

PhilX

User avatar
A_Seagull
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by A_Seagull » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:36 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Why? By definition, a universe is everything so it can't overlook God.

PhilX
And not to mention unicorns and Santa Claus as well!!
I don't think anyone can confuse Santa and unicorns with God. Also I'm sure you don't believe in imaginary diamond planets.

Again for it to be a universe, by definition, it must have everything. To me you seem to be imaginary because you're a bunch of words, just like a chatbot. Can you prove your existence here?

PhilX
Certainly not! And I wouldn't even want to!!

So your theory is that everything that you believe in must exist, but not what other people might believe in. Sounds a bit egotistical to me!

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:45 am

A_Seagull wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:
And not to mention unicorns and Santa Claus as well!!
I don't think anyone can confuse Santa and unicorns with God. Also I'm sure you don't believe in imaginary diamond planets.

Again for it to be a universe, by definition, it must have everything. To me you seem to be imaginary because you're a bunch of words, just like a chatbot. Can you prove your existence here?

PhilX
Certainly not! And I wouldn't even want to!!

So your theory is that everything that you believe in must exist, but not what other people might believe in. Sounds a bit egotistical to me!
You misinterpreted. Not what I said. There are many ideas that may or may not exist in reality. Many things that people don't believe in have been discovered or proven to have existence.

While we're on the subject of existence, why don't you Google Diamond Planet which you don't believe in and read up on it. Then we can discuss it further.

PhilX

Kam
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:03 am

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by Kam » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:27 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Why? By definition, a universe is everything so it can't overlook God.

PhilX
What is the value of tv, refrigerator etc if there is no electricity at all.
Or
Vehicles , planes etc if there is no fuel

This universe is part of his creation. God is that energy who run this universe,

Kam
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:03 am

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by Kam » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:29 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Why? By definition, a universe is everything so it can't overlook God.

PhilX
What is the value of tv, refrigerator etc if there is no electricity at all.
Or
Vehicles , planes etc if there is no fuel

This universe is part of his creation. God is that energy who run this universe,

User avatar
A_Seagull
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by A_Seagull » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:14 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
I don't think anyone can confuse Santa and unicorns with God. Also I'm sure you don't believe in imaginary diamond planets.

Again for it to be a universe, by definition, it must have everything. To me you seem to be imaginary because you're a bunch of words, just like a chatbot. Can you prove your existence here?

PhilX
Certainly not! And I wouldn't even want to!!

So your theory is that everything that you believe in must exist, but not what other people might believe in. Sounds a bit egotistical to me!
You misinterpreted. Not what I said. There are many ideas that may or may not exist in reality. Many things that people don't believe in have been discovered or proven to have existence.

While we're on the subject of existence, why don't you Google Diamond Planet which you don't believe in and read up on it. Then we can discuss it further.

PhilX
I have no intention of googling anything you suggest. I never follow your links neither.

And while we are on the subject of existence, what does the word mean to you? What does it mean for something to 'exist in reality'? I have my answers but I doubt that they would tally with yours.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:30 pm

A_Seagull wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
A_Seagull wrote: Certainly not! And I wouldn't even want to!!

So your theory is that everything that you believe in must exist, but not what other people might believe in. Sounds a bit egotistical to me!
You misinterpreted. Not what I said. There are many ideas that may or may not exist in reality. Many things that people don't believe in have been discovered or proven to have existence.

While we're on the subject of existence, why don't you Google Diamond Planet which you don't believe in and read up on it. Then we can discuss it further.

PhilX
I have no intention of googling anything you suggest. I never follow your links neither.

And while we are on the subject of existence, what does the word mean to you? What does it mean for something to 'exist in reality'? I have my answers but I doubt that they would tally with yours.
Existence means for me there is a consensus among scientists that something is known to exist through measurement such as the recent discovery of gravitational waves, first predicted by Einstein about 100 years ago and confirmed by scientists in 2015. Also the universe definition offers a different level of existence since it's definition is the most general in relationship to existence. To deny anything is to deny the definition of the universe which is the one most people use.

Since you don't follow what I say, no need for me to follow what you say either.

PhilX

User avatar
A_Seagull
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by A_Seagull » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
You misinterpreted. Not what I said. There are many ideas that may or may not exist in reality. Many things that people don't believe in have been discovered or proven to have existence.

While we're on the subject of existence, why don't you Google Diamond Planet which you don't believe in and read up on it. Then we can discuss it further.

PhilX
I have no intention of googling anything you suggest. I never follow your links neither.

And while we are on the subject of existence, what does the word mean to you? What does it mean for something to 'exist in reality'? I have my answers but I doubt that they would tally with yours.
Existence means for me there is a consensus among scientists that something is known to exist through measurement such as the recent discovery of gravitational waves, first predicted by Einstein about 100 years ago and confirmed by scientists in 2015. Also the universe definition offers a different level of existence since it's definition is the most general in relationship to existence. To deny anything is to deny the definition of the universe which is the one most people use.

Since you don't follow what I say, no need for me to follow what you say either.

PhilX
Yay!

Justintruth
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by Justintruth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Why? By definition, a universe is everything so it can't overlook God.

PhilX
It is possible to find experiencing and experience the fact ecstatically - to experience God - but also to look at nature and realize the physical nature of it and the degree to which it is material. Examination of the details of what is experienced - the cosmic abundance of helium, the fossil record of evolution, a trip to the local mortuary, a search for a 200 year old person, a study of primordial entropy, - all of these reveal that nature - what is experienced - is a universe billions of years old the future of which we are trying to predict by extrapolating inductively based on the observations of empirical science. It also reveals our biological nature as evolved primates.

At any time you can look at what you experience -it's nature - and describe the universe you find there. But it is also possible to turn your attention from nature - from what it is - to consider the fact that it is. Such a consideration can lead to the ecstatic experience of God.

But the fact that it is, is not some aspect of what it is. For this reason we describe God metaphysically not physically, supernaturally not naturally or extrasensoraly not sensoraly.

But that does not mean that the organism that experiences God and the molecular cause of the experiencing is not in the universe.

A man understanding the theorem of Pythagorus is in the universe but the theorum he is understanding is not.

A man experiencing God is in the universe but the God he is experiencing is not something in the universe.

Rather the fact of the universe, it's inability to be derived but the fact of experiencing, it's superfluousness is experienced only in the experience of God. It is the reference of the word. God is not in Being as a creature. God is the foundation of Being - a reference to existing itself.

The universe is only what is. The universe is not the fact that it is. The universe is therefore contingent nature not About Being.

Because there is more to being than what it is - because there is also the fact that it is - the everything - the universe - that refers to all of what is - is distinct from God and God is not something that could or could not be found as existing in the universe.

That is why your argument fails.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: God has to be part of this universe

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:55 pm

A_Seagull wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:
I have no intention of googling anything you suggest. I never follow your links neither.

And while we are on the subject of existence, what does the word mean to you? What does it mean for something to 'exist in reality'? I have my answers but I doubt that they would tally with yours.
Existence means for me there is a consensus among scientists that something is known to exist through measurement such as the recent discovery of gravitational waves, first predicted by Einstein about 100 years ago and confirmed by scientists in 2015. Also the universe definition offers a different level of existence since it's definition is the most general in relationship to existence. To deny anything is to deny the definition of the universe which is the one most people use.

Since you don't follow what I say, no need for me to follow what you say either.

PhilX
Yay!
I'm thankful for small favors.

PhilX

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests