What does an airless hole need to really exist?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Arising_uk »

Oo! Oo! I've just got it, a razor.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: I love BC, but I think national pride is a disease of the mind like all religion.
However much you like BC, you don't get to take credit for him just because you hail from the same arbitrary geographical region.
I'm not claiming credit for Bernard Cribbins, I'm just glad that I come from the same culture that produces people like him.
User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:I love BC, but I think national pride is a disease of the mind like all religion.
However much you like BC, you don't get to take credit for him just because you hail from the same arbitrary geographical region.
Maybe but you get to share the joke sometimes.
Being born elsewhere does not mean you are immune to another culture's humour. And being born here does not guarantee it.
On a case in point, my Dad, an American, being older and having lived in the UK in the 1960s is as clear about the class message in the song - a message that is lost on most of todays kids in the UK.
User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: I love BC, but I think national pride is a disease of the mind like all religion.
However much you like BC, you don't get to take credit for him just because you hail from the same arbitrary geographical region.
I'm not claiming credit for Bernard Cribbins, I'm just glad that I come from the same culture that produces people like him.
This culture does not produce anyone like BC. BC is one of a kind.
marjoram_blues
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by marjoram_blues »

HC wrote: Since metaphysics is philosophy then it might be more accurate to say that some of the findings of metaphysics might be babble; but the philosophy is the examination of that babble, the process of understanding of babble, and the realisation of consequences of the fact that some people believe in the babble.
Brilliant :)
I would love for that to be in the Welcome to the PN forum ( my blues)
User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

marjoram_blues wrote:
HC wrote: Since metaphysics is philosophy then it might be more accurate to say that some of the findings of metaphysics might be babble; but the philosophy is the examination of that babble, the process of understanding of babble, and the realisation of consequences of the fact that some people believe in the babble.
Brilliant :)
I would love for that to be in the Welcome to the PN forum ( my blues)
Thanks. Your appreciation is much appreciated.

PS. You can use the quote - don't forget to cite me!
marjoram_blues
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by marjoram_blues »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote:
HC wrote: Since metaphysics is philosophy then it might be more accurate to say that some of the findings of metaphysics might be babble; but the philosophy is the examination of that babble, the process of understanding of babble, and the realisation of consequences of the fact that some people believe in the babble.
Brilliant :)
I would love for that to be in the Welcome to the PN forum ( my blues)
Thanks. Your appreciation is much appreciated.

PS. You can use the quote - don't forget to cite me!
Done :)
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: This culture does not produce anyone like BC. BC is one of a kind.
You are just being contrary, Hobbes. If you're not careful you're going to make yourself look like a little know it all.
User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: This culture does not produce anyone like BC. BC is one of a kind.
You are just being contrary, Hobbes. If you're not careful you're going to make yourself look like a little know it all.
Nothing to do with "knowledge", but everything to do with opinion.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Nothing to do with "knowledge", but everything to do with opinion.
Yes, that's what I thought.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: - a message that is lost on most of todays kids in the UK.
The revenge of the prole.
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Dalek Prime »

More importantly, does an airless hole need to exist? And does it actually exist anyways, considering it is defined only by what is around it.
User avatar
A_Seagull
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by A_Seagull »

What does an airless hole need to really exist?

A lot less than what it takes for an apple to really exist.
User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

A_Seagull wrote:What does an airless hole need to really exist?
Why do we always end up talking about Bill and Bob?
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: What does an airless hole need to really exist?

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:What does an airless hole need to really exist?
Why do we always end up talking about Bill and Bob?
Okay, I think I've given it sufficiently polite time, that I may now have a giggle over this post.
Post Reply