Please delete this

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Re: If multiverse exist - Will we live for eternity?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

therammo wrote:If the multiverse theory is true, it means that there are infinite number of planets, in fact infinite number of planets exact same as ours. There are infinite number of ''ME'' out there living the exact same life as me. Now you may agree or disagree of the theory, but if we take the path I did, which is that I believe in the theory, then I want to ask some basic questions:

1. If the theory is right and there is infinite multiverses out there , existing for eternity without beginning and without an end, does it mean that I personally , after I die, will live again the EXACT same life as I did this life, because according to quantum physics, energy can't be destroyed.
The atoms that makes me ''ME'' will eventually fall in the same order at some point in the infinity and therefore will keep on creating ''me'' over and over again. This idea kind of reminds me of Nietzsche's eternal return theory.

2.If your life is hard and you suffer in this world, you are basically entitled for eternal hell, without having the ability to escape, because after you die in this world, you are born in another yet exact same one. Your whole life will be the same again down to every atom, and you will keep repeating the miserable life for eternity.

I expect answers that will counter attack my theory with ideas like if the infinity exists then there are infinite number of possible outcomes so ''my'' life will not come to exist because it was one time ''chance'' of happening.

However I partly agree with this, even though there would be infinite possibilities , it still doesn't eliminate the reappearance of the same possibility.
With point one, it doesn't follow that energy will be conserved in another universe. With your other point, even if all the atoms are the same, for some it doesn't mean you are the same person, plus you may be different because the other universe is different.

PhilX
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

therammo

Go get uself a brain, then let's talk.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

therammo wrote:
1. If the theory is right and there is infinite multiverses out there , existing for eternity without beginning and without an end, does it mean that I personally , after I die, will live again the EXACT same life as I did this life, because according to quantum physics, energy can't be destroyed.
The atoms that makes me ''ME'' will eventually fall in the same order at some point in the infinity and therefore will keep on creating ''me'' over and over again. This idea kind of reminds me of Nietzsche's eternal return theory.
For argument's sake, suppose this is true that in a multiverse there will ALWAYS be another instance of you. How should one understand or comprehend it? For me it's the essence of simplicity. YOU as your own person, so to speak, won't ever show up again, not even theoretically in any such endless recurrence.

What would recur eternally, if that were the case, is a statistic only which has NO connection to you whatsoever. A mere derivative of an unceasing process which is bound to repeat. In short, a totally disembodied function thoroughly unaware of ever having functioned before yet continues endlessly to "see that same spider in the moonlight" waiting patiently for its prey.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

therammo wrote:If multiverse exist - Will we live for eternity?
Possibly if we are unfortunate enough, but generally no, because we are isolated to one universe within the theorised multiverse. And within that universe we are within a system that is subject to entropy. But fuck me, 5 billion years is a long testing time to put up with morons that keep breeding.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

therammo wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
therammo wrote:If multiverse exist - Will we live for eternity?
Possibly if we are unfortunate enough, but generally no, because we are isolated to one universe within the theorised multiverse. And within that universe we are within a system that is subject to entropy. But fuck me, 5 billion years is a long testing time to put up with morons that keep breeding.
Alot of scientists held to the idea of a multiverse, and the sad thing about it is that our life will keep on forever. Ofcourse this universe is gonna die at some point, but the multiverse idea gives the opportunity for a exact same universe as our coming to life again , over and over again... sadly. We are destined for eternal repeat.. If you have a stressful and bad life, you are sadly gonna suffer it for eternity.
No, you see these wanker 'scientists' that like to sell books docos and mags like to stipulate that infinite dimension exist where all possible instances of OUR existence...exist.

Ergo...if there is a hell...you will also suffer an eternity in hell. Sounds cool eh?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

therammo wrote:
HexHammer wrote:therammo

Go get uself a brain, then let's talk.
What is wrong with you? Didnt take your medications today?
No, on the contrary, it's you who haven't taken your pills. What you say is pure nonsense and babble.
wtf

Post by wtf »

"If the multiverse theory is true, it means that there are infinite number of planets"

False premise. The numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, ... are infinite but no two are equal. Even if the range of the sequence is finite, there could be a sequence 0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,... in which 0 occurs infinitely often but 1 only occurs once. The best you can say is that SOME planet or entity recurs, but not YOU or your planet. Please rethink your false premise.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

therammo wrote:
What do you mean by ''A mere derivative of an unceasing process which is bound to repeat. In short, a totally disembodied function thoroughly unaware of ever having functioned before yet continues endlessly to "see that same spider in the moonlight" waiting patiently for its prey.'' ? Sorry but english is not my native language so I have hard time understanding some of the poetic language :)

However, from what I understood is that you think even IF its bound to repeat, it doesn't mean that I will remember it in my next life? Well just because it is not remember-able doesn't mean its not the exact same life again..
The gist of it is if you did show up again it's only as a statistic based on the math or nature of eternity. Those other endless repeats in other universes have nothing to do with you. When you die you're dead for good. You somehow have the impression that there's some kind of eternal YOU that gets carried forward doomed to suffer in repeats.

Besides, the whole idea is ludicrous anyways. Even if you do repeat it doesn't mean that every event in that life also repeats. The Universe isn't that perfect and least of all if you compound all the universes into a multiverse where an infinite number of variations are possible.

As for the phrase ""see that same spider in the moonlight" eternally is merely a paraphrase of how Nietzsche himself once described Eternal Recurrence.

You don't have to worry about having to suffer forever. Each replica would be subject to their own independent fate. Each of our lives are once and once only...or to put it another way, the shit only happens once.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

therammo wrote:What is nonsense here? Your posts or my thread?
Multiverses would not in any way suggest that we would live forever, it's like having a twin, that wouldn't give anyone eternal life, even if a person would be cloned.

Your conclusion only suggest that you are not very bright.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

HexHammer wrote:Multiverses would not in any way suggest that we would live forever, it's like having a twin, that wouldn't give anyone eternal life, even if a person would be cloned.
That's a good clear way of putting it. Besides which, if we keep on coming around recycled by time you'd think we would have noticed 'something' by now.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Dubious wrote:That's a good clear way of putting it. Besides which, if we keep on coming around recycled by time you'd think we would have noticed 'something' by now.
What I really think, is that you should stop asking utterly stupid questions, go somewhere else and do something uselful with your life.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

HexHammer wrote:
Dubious wrote:That's a good clear way of putting it. Besides which, if we keep on coming around recycled by time you'd think we would have noticed 'something' by now.
What I really think, is that you should stop asking utterly stupid questions, go somewhere else and do something uselful with your life.
Hex doesn't want to do philosophy. He only wants to pretend to be a moderator and tell you where to go. You would get more from AI.

PhilX
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

HexHammer wrote:
For one thing I wasn't the one who posted the question. I only used it as a thought experiment since the question in one form or another comes up even in physics.

What I really think is that you should make every effort to untie your nose-hairs from your ass-hairs, stop inhaling methane and give the four or five surviving brain cells in your cranium an oxygen break. But DO NOT use a razor blade. You would not want to commit terrorism upon yourself. The fact that you said something intelligent for a change must be due to some kind of cosmic event which seldom happens.
socratus

Post by socratus »

According to “The law of conservation and transformation energy/mass”
our energy/mass (!) must be kept in another (parallel) universe.
===..