Where does reality exist in physics?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer

Re: Where does reality exist in physics?

Post by HexHammer »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Look who's passing judgement, the king of jackasses.
I might be the king of jackasses, but least I can say intelligent things, contrary you! :wink:
Prove it loser.
Why would I prove something to one who makes false accusations all the time?!?! ..you bring nothing but unprfound slander!!!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

HexHammer wrote:
Prove it loser.
Why would I prove something to one who makes false accusations all the time?!?! ..you bring nothing but unprfound slander!!!
That's in your prejudiced opinion, loser. And you would be proving it to all, not just me. Now slither back under your rock, jackass.

PhilX
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

HexHammer wrote:
Prove it loser.
That's in your prejudiced opinion, loser. And you would be proving it to all, not just me. Now slither back under your rock, jackass.

PhilX
You can't prove anything, because everything you say is unprofound slander, it comes directly from your sick mind!
Philosophy Explorer

HexHammer wrote:You can't prove anything, because everything you say is unprofound slander, it comes directly from your sick mind!
You can't prove anything to one with a sick, warped, perverse, demented mind such as you have. Now go slither back into your dunghole, loser.

PhilX
petm1

Post by petm1 »

SR uses a photon as the ruler, a screwball at its best, unchanging in time constant change in space.
GR uses matter as it ruler, constant change in time unchanging in space.
The only common factor is that they both travel the same direction in time.
Think of the matrix of space-time as +++- and ---+ not as two ways to show the same thing but as a single entity. We are real when both focal points come together where every + point is described by ---+. Three dimensions of space with one dimension of time and three dimensions of time with one dimension of space, static motion in time, matter, interacting with static motion in space, photon.
A clock may only count its own existence as a clock, just as I count my own existence with my age, relative to its own dilating frame. Time is how we count existence and time is what separates us all.
All energy is dilating outward from a point it is the same direction that started with a bang. The inside view we have of the CBR is as far back as we can see, but it is not out there that we are collecting these images it is all in our heads.
You are right the hologram and our view of it is all seen through that twist in space-time, the focal point within my eye, which changes the blur of motion that is our universe into the static present I see as space.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

HexHammer wrote:You can't prove anything, because everything you say is unprofound slander, it comes directly from your sick mind!
You can't prove anything to one with a sick, warped, perverse, demented mind such as you have. Now go slither back into your dunghole, loser.

PhilX
You have yet to say anything intelligent.
Philosophy Explorer

HexHammer wrote:

PhilX
You have yet to say anything intelligent.
As if you're one to judge. How many intelligent things have you uttered, you slithering snake? Off to your dunghole.

PhilX
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

petm1 wrote: the focal point within my eye, which changes the blur of motion that is our universe into the static present I see as space.

This is a very counter-intuitive idea only because the speed of light is so fast and in our everyday lives everything is happening nearby. When I see a tree 2 km away I'm actually seeing it as it WAS 0.0000067 seconds ago and not as it is now. This is not such a big deal because anything I observe about the tree is still likely to be the case. However this inescapable FACT nevertheless has profound consequences in metaphysics which become more apparent when we consider an object further away from us.

Consider a star in the night sky which is 1000 "light-years away". This star might not exist any more and to speak of a space between you and a non-existent object is metaphysically nonsensical. Since you can only make meaningful statements about the behaviour of this star which occurred 1000 years ago then only the time interval taken for the light information to reach you can be said to be physically meaningful. The spatial distance is purely an observer effect and a construct of your mind. YOU ARE SPATIALISING THIS TIME INTERVAL.

This truth was starkly brought to light in the early days of quantum mechanics when there was much hand-wringing about the role of the observer in making an observation. All sorts of crazy hypotheses were aired but it didn't occur to a single soul that space simple doesn't exist EXCEPT in the mind of the observer. It even prompted Einstein to criticise QM by saying this: "Bullshit, the moon is still there whether somebody is observing it or not". QM claims the opposite, which is where the dead and alive cat story comes from. In QM it is an unambiguous fact that an object DOES NOT EXIST unless an observer is observing it and this conclusion has led to all manner of nonsensical ideas.

Luckily Albert was dead right because QM is indeed a crock of shit. The moon is still there whether somebody is observing it or not and the universe hasn't gone fucking mad. However the SPACE between the moon and the observer only exists when somebody is observing because the space is solely the property of the consciousness of the observer.

This is the holy grail of physics, the so-called Theory of Everything. It makes every single paradox and counter-intuitive absurdity in modern physics simply vanish and it describes a universe which a child could understand.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:As if you're one to judge. How many intelligent things have you uttered, you slithering snake? Off to your dunghole.

PhilX
If you actually had a brain you would know, but you don't, you speak straight out of your stupid ass.
Philosophy Explorer

HexHammer wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:As if you're one to judge. How many intelligent things have you uttered, you slithering snake? Off to your dunghole.

PhilX
If you actually had a brain you would know, but you don't, you speak straight out of your stupid ass.
You blow smoke rings out of your ass, jackass.

PhilX
petm1

Post by petm1 »

Obvious Leo wrote:
petm1 wrote: the focal point within my eye, which changes the blur of motion that is our universe into the static present I see as space.

This is a very counter-intuitive idea only because the speed of light is so fast and in our everyday lives everything is happening nearby. When I see a tree 2 km away I'm actually seeing it as it WAS 0.0000067 seconds ago and not as it is now. This is not such a big deal because anything I observe about the tree is still likely to be the case. However this inescapable FACT nevertheless has profound consequences in metaphysics which become more apparent when we consider an object further away from us.

Consider a star in the night sky which is 1000 "light-years away". This star might not exist any more and to speak of a space between you and a non-existent object is metaphysically nonsensical. Since you can only make meaningful statements about the behaviour of this star which occurred 1000 years ago then only the time interval taken for the light information to reach you can be said to be physically meaningful. The spatial distance is purely an observer effect and a construct of your mind. YOU ARE SPATIALISING THIS TIME INTERVAL.

This truth was starkly brought to light in the early days of quantum mechanics when there was much hand-wringing about the role of the observer in making an observation. All sorts of crazy hypotheses were aired but it didn't occur to a single soul that space simple doesn't exist EXCEPT in the mind of the observer. It even prompted Einstein to criticise QM by saying this: "Bullshit, the moon is still there whether somebody is observing it or not". QM claims the opposite, which is where the dead and alive cat story comes from. In QM it is an unambiguous fact that an object DOES NOT EXIST unless an observer is observing it and this conclusion has led to all manner of nonsensical ideas.

Luckily Albert was dead right because QM is indeed a crock of shit. The moon is still there whether somebody is observing it or not and the universe hasn't gone fucking mad. However the SPACE between the moon and the observer only exists when somebody is observing because the space is solely the property of the consciousness of the observer.

This is the holy grail of physics, the so-called Theory of Everything. It makes every single paradox and counter-intuitive absurdity in modern physics simply vanish and it describes a universe which a child could understand.
The age of the photon we are receiving now is used to mathematically figure out the distance, photon as the ruler, yet most people see time as the illusion instead of space. The front door to my house is seen as a blockage in space, but even a thief knows that by occupying space it is a blockage in time, eight minutes to the sun if you were a photon, but I will never make the trip because distance is a blockage in time just like my front door. Space is time, but not all time is space because time is the fundamental entity of existence. The quantum of time is one, time is what separates everything, and it is what makes juxtaposition possible once you lose the illusion of space. Trying to cut time into smaller and smaller pieces will never work because the smallest part of time that I can imagine is tied to the surface of all the matter in the universe that is emitting right now, even if we do not see it.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

HexHammer wrote:

PhilX
You blow smoke rings out of your ass, jackass.

PhilX
Better that, than saying retarded shit like you!
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

petm1 wrote:
eight minutes to the sun if you were a photon
This is wrong since photons do not actually experience time. And so one travelling from the
Sun to the Earth would only appear to take eight minutes from the frame of reference of an
external observer. But to the actual photon the distance would be travelled instantaneously
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

surreptitious57 wrote:
petm1 wrote:
eight minutes to the sun if you were a photon
This is wrong since photons do not actually experience time. And so one travelling from the
Sun to the Earth would only appear to take eight minutes from the frame of reference of an
external observer. But to the actual photon the distance would be travelled instantaneously
This is a way of interpreting a particular theory of nature but this is not a fact of nature itself because this is a logical absurdity. If light is defined in terms of photons and light takes 8 minutes to reach the earth then the photon takes 8 minutes to get here and it doesn't matter a shit who's observing what.

It is true that in SR to an observer on a photon the universe does not exist because time dilates to infinity and space contracts to zero. However SR is not a physical model of the universe, a point made often and well by the bloke who invented it, Albert Einstein. SR is a mathematical abstraction.
petm1 wrote: The age of the photon we are receiving now is used to mathematically figure out the distance, photon as the ruler, yet most people see time as the illusion instead of space.
Yes. Spacetime physics has nailed its colours to the wrong mast. The relativity of time and space means that EITHER space is relative to time OR time is relative to space. In terms of their physicality they are mutually exclusive and simply cannot both be physically real, as was satisfactorily proven by Michelson and Morley. Einstein was well aware of this but zigged when he should have zagged.

When he said this:

"Time is a deliberate and persistent illusion"

he should have said this:

"Space is a deliberate and persistent illusion"

and then he would have had the unification theory he wasted forty years of his life looking for.
petm1

Post by petm1 »

I don't think we got it wrong, I think we just look at everything backward. The present is not out there, it is our consciousness that is dilating in time with photons, it is the center connection we call Mass that ties us in time to the past. I see space as my present moment, centered in my one-second frame of reference, but it is also my future because of all the photons that have been emitted but just have not reached me yet, that is the future I can not change while my position is something I can change.