Energy: Its characteristics and boundaries

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: Energy: Its characteristics and boundaries

Post by uwot »

It's a bit late in the day, Obvious Leo summed it up pretty well, but if it's any help, energy is basically a product of how heavy something is and how fast it is going. If a grand piano hit you at 40mph, it would probably kill you. A bullet going that fast might bruise, but would bounce off. However, if the same bullet were travelling at the speed they typically travel at, they have enough energy to do as much damage as a slow moving piano.
With waves, the enery is a product of how many of them hit you in a given time and how high they are. You can feel the energy of waves simply enough by paddling in the sea.
Here's my take on waves. http://www.willibouwman.blogspot.co.uk/ ... nd-up.html Check it out. You too, Gus.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

HexHammer wrote: You are not very bright, that's why you come here to ask subfundemental questions, that any child could answer, ergo you are mentally under a child's mentallity, in certain areas.
Oh boy... an "assessment" from the one person on this site who makes the most ignorant attacks I've ever seen. It's not hard to keep that in the proper perspective.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Lacewing wrote:
HexHammer wrote: You are not very bright, that's why you come here to ask subfundemental questions, that any child could answer, ergo you are mentally under a child's mentallity, in certain areas.
Oh boy... an "assessment" from the one person on this site who makes the most ignorant attacks I've ever seen. It's not hard to keep that in the proper perspective.
So, if you are actually just a tiny bit intelligent, then why do you ask basic school questions, just read up on it and you should get your answers, but apparently you are not bright enough to do so, and need other people to do your thinking for you.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

HexHammer wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
So, if you are actually just a tiny bit intelligent, then why do you ask basic school questions, just read up on it and you should get your answers, but apparently you are not bright enough to do so, and need other people to do your thinking for you.
Hex, that's better than you because you don't do any thinking.

PhilX
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Hex, that's better than you because you don't do any thinking.
LOL!!! ..says the tard that can't comment his own threads!!
Philosophy Explorer

HexHammer wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Hex, that's better than you because you don't do any thinking.
Oh I made the troll laugh. And where does it say in the rules that I must comment on my own threads, fuzzbrain?
(btw LOL is going out of style. Hardly anyone uses that anymore, you dinosaur).

PhilX
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Oh I made the troll laugh. And where does it say in the rules that I must comment on my own threads, fuzzbrain?
(btw LOL is going out of style. Hardly anyone uses that anymore, you dinosaur).
Then show me you can actually say something intelligent to your own topics, whcih you can't and never will be able to do. :roll:
Philosophy Explorer

HexHammer wrote:Then show me you can actually say something intelligent to your own topics, whcih you can't and never will be able to do. :roll:
As soon as you can spell correctly.

PhilX
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

HexHammer wrote:Then show me you can actually say something intelligent to your own topics, whcih you can't and never will be able to do. :roll:
So you confess that you haven't said ANYTHING intelligent so far, and never will, that's tragic! :cry:

..then u serve no purpose here. Just fuck off!! 8)
Philosophy Explorer

HexHammer wrote:
HexHammor wrote:Then show me you can actually say something intelligent to your own topics, whcih you can't and never will be able to do. :roll:
So you confess that you haven't said ANYTHING intelligent so far, and never will, that's tragic! :cry:

It's not a confession, fucktard. I'd tell you to go fuck off, but you do that to yourself anyways.

PhilX
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

HexHammer wrote:
HexHammor wrote:Then show me you can actually say something intelligent to your own topics, whcih you can't and never will be able to do. :roll:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:As soon as you can spell correctly.

It's not a confession, fucktard. I'd tell you to go fuck off, but you do that to yourself anyways.

PhilX
LoollOLolLOlolOLololOolOl!!!! ..I won't let you emberres youself any more ..you are just too truly tragic a figure ..one without friends ..one who are soooo truly retarded.

I will stop now, I won't let youself stoop youself down further.
Philosophy Explorer

HexHarmer wrote:LoollOLolLOlolOLololOolOl!!!! ..I won't let you emberres youself any more ..you are just too truly tragic a figure ..one without friends ..one who are soooo truly retarded.

Is it beddy bye time troll? That means you won't be embarrassing yourself any further with further spelling mistakes, dumbass.

PhilX
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

HexHarmer wrote:LoollOLolLOlolOLololOolOl!!!! ..I won't let you emberres youself any more ..you are just too truly tragic a figure ..one without friends ..one who are soooo truly retarded.

Is it beddy bye time troll? That means you won't be embarrassing yourself any further with further spelling mistakes, dumbass.

PhilX
I intend to keep my word, you can sit here and talk trash with youself for an eternity, bye bye.
Philosophy Explorer

HexHammer wrote:

PhilX
I intend to keep my word, you can sit here and talk trash with youself for an eternity, bye bye.
Goodnight stupid.

PhilX
uwot

Post by uwot »

HexHammer wrote:See folks, Philosphy Explore is a stalker and a troll, he trash talks people without contributing anything useful to the topic.
I'm not sure I agree, Mr Hammer. I think it is entirely reasonable to ask questions. I don't remember seeing you contribute anything to the thread that suggests you have the slightest idea about the chatacteristics of energy. Do you have anything useful to contribute?