Gravity, Time and Leibniz.

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Obvious Leo

Re: Gravity, Time and Leibniz.

Post by Obvious Leo »

petm1 wrote:il·lu·sion is a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses while
im·ag·i·nar·y is existing only in the imagination.
I've been a writer all my life and need no instruction in the meanings of words. I very much doubt that anybody else here does either in the case of this distinction.
petm1

Post by petm1 »

"The distinction escapes me I'm afraid. "

Did not mean to offend just to clarify.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

petm1 wrote:"The distinction escapes me I'm afraid. "

Did not mean to offend just to clarify.
I took no offence, petm, but arguing over the meanings of words is precisely what gives philosophy a bad name and encourages many scientists to ignore the importance of philosophy in their work. To a scientist "illusory" and "imaginary" are synonymous terms and when it comes to the existential nature of space and time they may as well be.
petm1

Post by petm1 »

All of reality takes an imaginary part why would we need an observer if it was not so? Science uses the speed at which a photon interacts with matter, c, the relative count of a local clock and i the square root of a negative one, which is alway going to be a positive one. Now think of energy moving in one direction only, outward from a point and then think of a photon not as colliding with matter head on but catching up with it in time. In my minds eye c is always measured the same because regardless of energy's motion in space all energy is traveling the same direction in time. The only static thing in this universe is the image within my minds eye.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

petm1 wrote:The only static thing in this universe is the image within my minds eye.
Quite so. And that's the bit that's illusory, or imaginary if you prefer.
petm1

Post by petm1 »

Obvious Leo wrote:
petm1 wrote:The only static thing in this universe is the image within my minds eye.
Illusion to our eyes but our instruments react to it why else do we read 9.8 meters per second per second of acceleration at our feet while in contact with planet Earth. The co-moving frame is an accelerated frame, think of the acceleration as a real motion in time, the Earth is moving out to meet the apple. Even our clocks show us this acceleration, we can count the variations in frequencies and think of them as being continuous and stable, but we do measure differences between clocks. While counting over nine million cycles per second with our clocks we think of each cycle as being equal in duration as the rest of them in that one second. Now realise that as you move the clock closer into a center of mass the cycles gain duration there by making our clocks slower in their count, It is the space-time interval that is relative in the present the changing period of one cycle. Take the same cycle and accelerate it on or away from the Earth and you will see the same lengthing of our stable and continuous cycle of time..
Last edited by petm1 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

petm1 wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:
Illusion to our eyes but our instruments react to it why else do we read 9.8 meters per second per second of acceleration at our feet while in contact with planet Earth. The co-moving frame is an accelerated frame, think of the acceleration as a real motion in time, the Earth is moving out to meet the apple. Even our clocks show us this acceleration, we can count the variations in frequencies and think of them as being continuous and stable, but we do measure differences between clocks. While counting over nine million cycles per second with our clocks we think of each cycle as being equal in duration as the rest of them in that one second. Now realise that as you move the clock closer into a center of mass the cycles gain duration there bye making our clocks slower in their count, It is the space-time interval that is relative in the present the changing period of one cycle. Take the same cycle and accelerate it on or away from the Earth and you will see the same lengthing of our stable and continuous cycle of time..
This is the very point I'm making. The speed at which time passes is the most variable speed in the universe when we consider it in an absolute sense but it will always be measured as passing at 1 sec/sec. The speed at which time passes and the strength of gravity are simply two different expressions of the same thing and both are equated with the speed of light. The speed of light at the top of the mountain is measured as being the same speed as the speed of light at the bottom of the mountain. What this actually proves is that the speed of light is NOT a constant because a second is a different time interval at the top of the mountain than it is at the bottom.

It's hard to believe that such a childishly simple logical deduction is actually the Theory of Everything but it IS.
petm1

Post by petm1 »

I look at it more as if the fish were aware of the water more than an answer for everything. The speed of light is an interaction between separate parts of the same dilating energy left over from the white hole we think of as big bang.