do you exist in physics

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles

do you exist in physics

Post by jackles »

Yep that is the question do you exist in physics. And im talking about the you as consciouness thats reading this question.
Ginkgo

Re: do you exist in physics

Post by Ginkgo »

jackles wrote:Yep that is the question do you exist in physics. And im talking about the you as consciouness thats reading this question.
Yes, according to scientific realism.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_realism
Nibbana

Post by Nibbana »

I'm afraid physics can't apply to consciousness. it's not matter or energy.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Nibbana wrote:I'm afraid physics can't apply to consciousness. it's not matter or energy.
I tend to agree, but science doesn't acknowledge dualistic explanations for consciousness.
Gee

Post by Gee »

Nibbana;

Hi. Welcome to the forum.
Nibbana wrote:I'm afraid physics can't apply to consciousness. it's not matter or energy.
This confuses me. The last time I checked, we still did not know what consciousness actually is, so how can we know what it is not?

Gee
jackles

Post by jackles »

Yep consciousness as a nonphysical existance would then have to be omni present to all aspects of e=mc\2. C being the speed of light that makes consciousness seem to be stationary when measuring it. Could we then say consciousness is not of e =mc \2. In other words consciouness dosnt belong to the below c realm of things of its self but is omni present to it in the form of nonlocality. And that includes q m.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Jackles, I though you were asking about physics.
jackles

Post by jackles »

Reckon a good test to see if consciousness is independent of timespace physics would be by means of timespace dilation experiment Consciousness if independent of physics would not be subject to timespace dilation as physical things are.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

jackles wrote:Reckon a good test to see if consciousness is independent of timespace physics would be by means of timespace dilation experiment Consciousness if independent of physics would not be subject to timespace dilation as physical things are.
Yes, that's the reason it isn't physics. There is no experiment one can conduct at the moment.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

No i don't exist just a figment of your deranged solipsist imagination.
jackles

Post by jackles »

The ego insists that it is individually significant as something and dose not take kindly to consciousness of its self in any other light.
Nibbana

Post by Nibbana »

Ginkgo wrote:
I tend to agree, but science doesn't acknowledge dualistic explanations for consciousness.

Dualistic explanations?
Nibbana

Post by Nibbana »

Gee wrote:Nibbana;

Hi. Welcome to the forum.
This confuses me. The last time I checked, we still did not know what consciousness actually is, so how can we know what it is not?

Gee
If it's matter, then why it's weightless? If it's energy, why it sometimes doesn't exist?
Nibbana

Post by Nibbana »

Blaggard wrote:No i don't exist just a figment of your deranged solipsist imagination.
You don't exist? Are you serious? You are just imaginary person?
cirin

Post by cirin »