unowat uwot.nonlocality is time without space

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ginkgo

Re: unowat uwot.nonlocality is time without space

Post by Ginkgo »

uwot wrote:
Ginkgo wrote:More than likely the universe has no edge.
You may be right. What makes you think so, Ginkgo?
I guess there are a number of reasons. Jackles seemed to be in favour of the popular misconception of an expanding universe. You know the idea whereby the universe started out like and exploding hand grenade with shrapnel flying out in all directions. This analogy contains the incorrect assumption that the explosion occurred in a particular location and the explosion is expanding into the environment. If this were a suitable analogy for the expanding universe then yes, the universe would have an edge. Obviously it isn't.

Then again, I might be doing jackles a disservice.
jackles

Post by jackles »

Yeah i reckon the universe is a more stranger thing than we can imagine ginkgo. I reckon its virtual which means the observer is eternal.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Ginkgo wrote:I guess there are a number of reasons. Jackles seemed to be in favour of the popular misconception of an expanding universe. You know the idea whereby the universe started out like and exploding hand grenade with shrapnel flying out in all directions. This analogy contains the incorrect assumption that the explosion occurred in a particular location and the explosion is expanding into the environment. If this were a suitable analogy for the expanding universe then yes, the universe would have an edge. Obviously it isn't.
One of the options is that the Big Bang occurred in the 'Quantum Vacuum' of Lawrence Krauss et al. In which case, to my mind, it is legitimate to talk about an environment. If the Big Bang caused a chain reaction within that 'vacuum', I see no reason that it shouldn't have reached a certain point, beyond which there is more, undisturbed, quantum vacuum. Another option is that what we recognise as the quantum vacuum, itself is a product of the Big Bang. In which case the quantum vacuum begs the question of where the universe came from. Then again, maybe it's all nonlocal time.
Ginkgo wrote:Then again, I might be doing jackles a disservice.
Well, yes; it's very hard to tell.
jackles

Post by jackles »

Sorry to put my two pennys worth in but I reckon its right that theres no definite edge. Nonlocality and locality are intertwined as in blackholes . Nonlocality i think is presenting locality giveing it space and time and is via energy the mover.