The Theory of Evolution - perfect?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lev Muishkin

Re: The Theory of Evolution - perfect?

Post by Lev Muishkin »

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:I wouldn't know, I don't currently have a copy of the original NS theory, do you? [/color]
No problem, you can buy it for a few dollars at any chain bookstore or online, its called 'The Origin of Species' by Charles Darwin. Looking at it on my shelf right now.
He can do better than that , for free.
Should he bother to spend any time on it he will be able to view a lifetime's dedicated work, all publications, all editions, and all correspondence.
http://darwin-online.org.uk
It is a remarkable learning resource and I found it very useful doing my Masters.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:I wouldn't know, I don't currently have a copy of the original NS theory, do you? [/color]
No problem, you can buy it for a few dollars at any chain bookstore or online, its called 'The Origin of Species' by Charles Darwin. Looking at it on my shelf right now.
Yours was printed when? What's the copyright date? There is a point contained in these questions of course.
SpheresOfBalance

Lev Muishkin wrote:i think this says it all.
SoB and the other drongos of the thread are right down there with the pond yeast and other Turkeys.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... 29204.html
How old are you, with your name calling and condescension? Such a child, you at least portray! An intellectual, a philosopher, you surely don't sound like.
SpheresOfBalance

A History Professor, during my second year, spoke of how Britannica fired him because his piece on George Washington, also contained, his not so admirable pursuits, as well as their manifestations. Do you people catch the drift, or does flavoring due to exclusion escape your wisdom? Where has it stopped? Or has it? We may never know! We all grow old and die, as minute additions and deletions, versions, form what 'they' want the masses to think.

Got to maintain their power! It's become all about money, people! And it's only gonna get worse, as the population increases!
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:While I accept the theory of evolution as being explanative in a variety of cases, I still remain skeptical as to it being 100%.

Here's something to consider. From the moment that the human egg gets fertilized, it goes through stages that mimics biohistory, the fish stage and other stages of life up to the time it gets born. When it gets born, it has very little hair which is opposite to our primate ancestors having lots of hair. Then later on, the Homo Sapiens man child gets hairier as it grows into manhood and even more hair as it gets very old, opposite to human ancestors which has been losing hair throughout history (from a male perspective, females having even less hair).

Again I'm not saying that the theory is invalid. But I think there are complications it can't handle.

What do you think about this?

PhilX
PhilX,

You've observed the peak of a lead iceberg. Good start.

First off, let's clarify some terms. This will help you clarify your thinking on this subject.

The evolution of biological life forms is a fact, not a theory. The evidence is real. Dinosaur bones, trilobite fossils, even holes left by worms two or three billion years ago, all fairly well dated to times that we do not know much about because we were not on this planet back then.

Darwinism is the name of a theory purported to explain the fact of evolution. Evolution is not debatable. However, Darwinism is the stupidest pseudo-scientific theory ever invented, even sillier than phlogiston theory or Aristotelian physics (which declared that heavier objects must fall faster than light objects).

Darwinism's success is due only to its superiority over an even more absurd theory: the 6-day creationism promoted by Bible thumpers, led by nitwits like a Pope who thinks that heaven exists, and your dogs, cats, and pet hamsters will follow you there to be happy forever without you or them doing squat to earn it.

Evolution theories are a shitting contest, biggest turd vs. smelliest turd. Choosing between them is the job of turd connoisseurs. Which is better-- horse apples or cow pies?

My opinion reflects that of the dung beetle: Both of the major theories stink, so that I can easily find them, and roll them up into little shit-balls to feed my offspring.

Greylorn
jackles

Post by jackles »

Yes evolution is true. Guided as it is through time by nondirectional time as death. Death is nondirectional time the creator of action and the creator of changing life forms in that local action. Man was made in the image of the creator which is nolocality. Conscience is nonlocal .Consciousness is nondirectional time the creator of forms which is death.
SpheresOfBalance

jackles wrote:Yes evolution is true. Guided as it is through time by nondirectional time as death. Death is nondirectional time the creator of action and the creator of changing life forms in that local action. Man was made in the image of the creator which is nolocality. Conscience is nonlocal .Consciousness is nondirectional time the creator of forms which is death.
I'm assuming that your god whispered all of that into your consciousness, yes? In my book, you could not know of, any of that, in any other way, as humans are currently far too young in their understanding of such things, such that it could be considered knowledge, and not simply belief, or, what do they call it? Oh yeah, "FAITH!"
Lev Muishkin

Post by Lev Muishkin »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
SoB and the other drongos of the thread are right down there with the pond yeast and other Turkeys.

How old are you, with your name calling and condescension? Such a child, you at least portray! An intellectual, a philosopher, you surely don't sound like.
Even an old man can tell a moron to fuck off.

"FUCK OFF"
SpheresOfBalance

Lev Muishkin wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

"FUCK OFF"
Correction, "Any man can do anything they want, despite how others may see them." And so you would project you moronic behavior onto me, fine, so be it. But as you can see, I shall not "fuck off." That's the beauty of listening to morons project themselves onto others, the others may still do as they please, considering the source of the moronic projection.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Lev Muishkin wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

"FUCK OFF"
You got it a little bit backward. A moron can tell any man smarter than himself to "fuck off." That is the job to which morons have been assigned, because they are incapable of generating intelligent conversations.

Morons do what they can. They protest in streets and destroy the lives of others out of spite. They demand that competent people support them in a comfortable lifestyle. Thus, they can afford computers, and have plenty of time on their hands to bullshit, because they do not have to accomplish anything in their lives except to breath the available oxygen, eat the free food provided by others via a stupid government, and take an occasional shit.

And when they are not occupied with their assigned political protest, or standing in line at the welfare office, they can get on the internet and express the highest part of their limited vocabulary by writing "Fuck off!"

Good job. Writing the same thoughtful, insightful "Fuck off" epithet three or four times would enhance our assessment of your intelligence by the same factors, without costing you much energy. Copy and paste should do the job.

Hey, lots easier than figuring out an intelligent reply.

Are you an old man? If so, good for you, for having gone through an entire life and finished it with the wisdom to come up with the same epithet that you learned as a teenager.

Greylorn
Lev Muishkin

Post by Lev Muishkin »

Greylorn Ell wrote:
Lev Muishkin wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: How old are you, with your name calling and condescension? Such a child, you at least portray! An intellectual, a philosopher, you surely don't sound like.

"FUCK OFF"
You got it a little bit backward. A moron can tell any man smarter than himself to "fuck off." That is the job to which morons have been assigned, because they are incapable of generating intelligent conversations.

Greylorn
You could not be more wrong. A person smarter than you can tell you to fuck off.
Look:"fuck off!", see how easy that was?
Now crawl back under your stone.
SpheresOfBalance

SpheresOfBalance wrote: How old are you, with your name calling and condescension? Such a child, you at least portray! An intellectual, a philosopher, you surely don't sound like.
Lev Muishkin wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:
Lev Muishkin wrote:

"FUCK OFF"

Greylorn
You could not be more wrong. A person smarter than you can tell you to fuck off.
LM, I believe you'll do much better with a more articulated intellectual response. Try taking your time, with a breather after reading ones smite. To collect your strategy.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Lev Muishkin wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote: You got it a little bit backward. A moron can tell any man smarter than himself to "fuck off." That is the job to which morons have been assigned, because they are incapable of generating intelligent conversations.

Greylorn
LM, I believe you'll do much better with a more articulated intellectual response. Try taking your time, with a breather after reading ones smite. To collect your strategy.
I guess some people just enjoy poking the Idiot with a stick, SOB and Greylorn, shame on you.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Lev Muishkin wrote:

It would probably help If Lev got a grown-up to write it for him.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Yours was printed when? What's the copyright date? There is a point contained in these questions of course.
Mine is the 1996 reprint of the 1859 second edition. What's yours?