Evolution is False

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greylorn Ell

Re: Evolution is False

Post by Greylorn Ell »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:They are not mutations, "mutations" indicate that something was once 'normal,' or the way it 'should' be. In fact the earths biosphere, was, is, and always will be, ever changing. It's to be expected, as it's the nature of this single organism called the symbiotic biosphere. And the "changes," NOT mutations, are NOT random, instead they are environmentally driven, as that's the way the symbiotic biosphere, rolls!

Sorry about the rest of you!

Happy Holidays! ;)
SOB,

Given your comments on Gee's thread regarding computer stuff, I've seriously revised my opinion of you. Not the kind of flakey guy posting obscure notions on a thread, but someone who has done serious logical work.

Still, it seems to me that your access to honest science is deficient, thus, not balanced.

For example:

Mutations are not related to how something "should be." Honest science does not relate concepts to human expectations. That's the work of religions, and presumably religionists like yourself. Why else would you have proposed such anti-science, such anti-Darwinist notions?

Mutations are about the science of changes. They describe the differences between how a critter was configured and how it is currently configured.

I agree with you that changes to critters are driven by things outside the range of conventional Darwinism. Calling that driver "environment" is just bullshit, the adoption of another scientifically unjustifiable belief system.

Tell us how "environment" drives mutations, or shut up. You are smart enough to do some honest research. Your excellent mind would work better with the addition of serious information, obtained by study, instead of the popular crap it is currently feeding upon.

Greylorn
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Gee wrote:WanderingLands;

I have been reading your very interesting thread off and on, and my computer is working at the moment, so I wanted to respond while I can. First I should state that I know little about evolution beyond the meaning of the word, and I have never studied it -- Darwinian or otherwise.

You have taken a lot of hits regarding your statements about the comparison of chromosomes in apes and humans. Everyone thinks you should study your science. Bullshit. If science wanted us to understand their theory of evolution, they would have made it clear. As you noted, Wiki seems to show a relationship, and if you look up evolution in Wiki, you will find a human, chimp, ape, and an orangutan all listed under "common descent". If you look at kids shows on TV, or in a child's textbook, or in a museum, you will find that very popular painting of a small crawly type of specie that gradually grows into a sort of ape, then a kind of caveman, and then a human. It is EVERYWHERE. So it is my thought that if science wants to pass out disinformation, then they need to shut up about people who are not well informed.

In another forum one of my threads ended up discussing pigs. Did you know that before we learned to synthesize insulin, we used pig insulin to treat diabetes? Pig skin has been used to replace skin on humans in serious burn cases -- although we have better treatments now. It is also interesting to note that, I believe in China, they are trying to develop the "GM Pig", which will be genetically engineered to provide an abundance of replacement parts for humans. It is also interesting to note that a tribe, in I think New Guinea, called humans "long pigs" because we sound like pigs when we are killed, and we taste like pigs. (chuckle) And then there is the Nebraska Man that was discussed in your link. They thought that they had found an ancient human tooth, but it ended up being a pig's tooth.

My thought is that if apes are our second cousin, pigs may be our first cousin. But it would be a lot easier to sell the idea of evolution by stating that we descended along with the majestic ape, than that we descended along with the majestic pig. (chuckle chuckle) I wonder how pig chromosomes match up.

I have no doubt that evolution exists, the evidence is there; but I have real problems with the theory. Natural selection is a given, but something can not be selected if it does not exist, and natural selection does not explain changes in a specie. The idea of random chance is bullshit. The odds are very much against random chance, and the evidence is not there. Where are all of the damned corpses that didn't work -- there should be billions and trillions of them. We should be able to find at least some fossil records of the oops ones, and we should see a lot of oops ones in the here and now.

The only evidence that I know of regarding a change in DNA from one life to another comes from Dr. Ian Stevenson in his work regarding reincarnation. He found birthmarks on newborn people that reflected the damage that caused the death in a prior life. His work has been peer reviewed and has withstood all investigations because he was meticulous in his methods and procedures. Now birthmarks do not make for a new specie, but it begs the question of what kind of process could cause these marks.

Apparently the trauma of death was in some way reflected in the new life. While considering this, I learned that hormones have the ability to turn off and on different aspects of DNA. Hormones also cause emotion, and emotion causes the production of hormones -- it is circular. So could the emotional trauma of death cause the hormones in the newly developing reincarnated body to change the DNA? It may be a far fetched idea, but at least it is a traceable path, and there is some evidence to support it.

So if a bunch of little lizards got eaten because they could not hide, and they changed their DNA upon their death and rebirth to a better color that would camouflage them, it might explain evolution. Then natural selection could take over. This would assume that all life reincarnates, that consciousness grows and develops along with life.

It would also make Jackles right.

Gee
Greylorn Ell wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:
Gee,

Let's see. Last response from you on another thread in which I tried to assist you with computer glitches, was to be called a "shit" for introducing concepts that I happen to believe are valid. Well, thank you, Gracious Bitch.

In this post you express ideas that are right out of the Beon Theory that seems to piss you off. I notice that these ideas appear after you bought a copy of Digital Universe -- Analog Soul, the book that explains Beon Theory. (e.g. Natural selection is a given, but something can not be selected if it does not exist, and natural selection does not explain changes in a specie. The idea of random chance is bullshit.) Thank you for the acknowledgement, GB.

I'd be predisposed to the notion that you actually found these insights on your own, had you not already admitted to complete ignorance of the principles involved in Darwinism, the consequence of not having bothered to peruse C. Darwin's two significant books on the subject.

I've degraded my once-high opinion of you to an ignorant, inept, ego-monger-- someone who will take the ideas of others as if she'd invented them, boost them to overlarge proportions, and attribute them to herself. Next life, another Hillary Clinton. IMO your behavior is the mark of a fundamentally evil person, or someone working that track. I'm sorry for you. I suspect that your husband died mainly to be rid of the snarky competition, exhausted from his role as a sacrificial lamb to your overweening sense of self-importance. That sorry fucker could not have done a damned thing right, with you around. If he did, you'd have taken credit for it.

Greylorn
I believe you may have possibly assumed far to much to warrant such venom. But then that seems to be your modus operandi. Try giving people the benefit of doubt first, before attempting to decapitate them. I think you'd get far more, concerning your contributions to the forum, in return, for doing so. Just trying to be the unbiased voice of reason, amongst an emotional onslaught. ;)

Happy Holidays Greylorn!

And to all others as well!
I appreciate your unbiasedness. Given my comments, I'm impressed, and will take your thoughts at face value rather than trying to read betwixt the words.

Somewhere amid whatever processes produce consciousness, I've gotten the notion that there is some value in paying attention to what actually happens in life, compared to my programmed beliefs about what should happen.

The NFL (National Football League) offers an example of bullshit vs. reality. (I'm a Green Bay Packer fan, who lived there, saw the transformations to a city, consequence of one hard-assed man.) This year the NFL came down hard, early in season, on players who showed the slightest bit of intransigence to some new rules. But by late season, they've adjusted their enforcement of rules, and are screwing the teams who made the mistake of abiding by these assholes' early-season "rules." Typical of bureaucratic pricks. If you want to win, your hand must enter their pockets with a fistful of large bills, and leave empty.

Philosophy should, ideally, be a hard-nosed conversation without rules. But modern philosophers are NOT related to Socrates, willing to put his life on the line for his ideas. Our "philosophers" are akin to the asshole NFL rule-makers. Their CYA (Cover Your Ass) principles have become their "philosophy." By constructing and abiding by their bullshit rules of discourse, they will secure their comfortable positions in universities, or their assumed position as "philosophers." No risk. No pain. No gain, excepting short-term personal interests.

I've been giving people the "benefit of the doubt" since I was taught that bullshit back in Catholic school. Consequences: loss of money to thieves, loss of credibility to liars. One who managed both was my oldest offspring. The truth is that people will tell you whatever they think you will believe in order to make a buck, or to prove themselves "right."

Greylorn
Well, nicely put! But I see things differently.

To your comment on humans being assholes, I agree that they often are. That often they shall try and take you for anything they can, of course they will, and it's a shame.

That often people decide that they can't beat them so they join them, is also equally a shame. Yet actually I'd like to see that, only in the other direction. That the emotional wrecks join the calm and cool.

Because I see a different kind of Übermensch on the horizon, one that knows the truth, and knows that he knows the truth, is comfortable with it, having no emotional need to shove it down ones throat, instead understanding that it's their loss, not his, if they don't listen.

We're talking mental strength and calm here, of the utmost ability. I hope to finally one day achieve it, as I know it shall pay off greatly! In all kinds of ways. My and their stress level, effectiveness, peace and harmony, a sense of cooperation rather than competition, as well as many other desirable things.

In truth, a need to win at all costs, to loose ones grip on self control, speaks more of ones inabilities than it does their abilities, actually lending to their not being listened to. So in essence they're like a windup walking tin man that can only go straight ahead, not being able to change course when encountering an obstacle, such that they make no further progress, their own worst enemy. It's far better to be like bamboo that bends in the wind, than a tree that cracks. It's far better to go around the obstacle.

One leads by example. So it all depends on what one would prefer they encounter.

Hey, I'll get there one day! ;)
SpheresOfBalance

Greylorn Ell wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:They are not mutations, "mutations" indicate that something was once 'normal,' or the way it 'should' be. In fact the earths biosphere, was, is, and always will be, ever changing. It's to be expected, as it's the nature of this single organism called the symbiotic biosphere. And the "changes," NOT mutations, are NOT random, instead they are environmentally driven, as that's the way the symbiotic biosphere, rolls!

Sorry about the rest of you!

Happy Holidays! ;)
SOB,

Given your comments on Gee's thread regarding computer stuff, I've seriously revised my opinion of you. Not the kind of flakey guy posting obscure notions on a thread, but someone who has done serious logical work.
Thanks!

Still, it seems to me that your access to honest science is deficient, thus, not balanced.

For example:

Mutations are not related to how something "should be."
I often challenge words or phrases that I believe are not as clear or accurate as others, for instance in this case:

Synonyms for mutation
noun metamorphosis

anomaly, alteration, variation, deviation, evolution, mutant, innovation, novelty, transfiguration, deviant, permutation, modification, vicissitude, transformation, change.

alteration
noun. change

about-face, accommodation, adaptation, adjustment, amendment, conversion,
correction, difference, diversification, exchange, fixing, flip-flop, metamorphosis, mid-course correction, modification, mutation, reformation, remodeling, reshaping, revision, shift, switch, switch-over, transformation, transmutation, turn, variance, variation.

Maybe you can see what I mean, highlighted in red above, so I prefer:

Synonyms for adaptation
noun act of adapting

variation, transformation, conversion, shift, alteration, adoption, modification, adjustment, remodeling, reworking, refitting

So to me something that's more of a mutation would be something like someone born with down's syndrome, or any other physical or chemical deformity/abnormality.

Honest science does not relate concepts to human expectations. That's the work of religions, and presumably religionists like yourself.
Actually I'm not a religionist, at least not that I'm aware of.

Why else would you have proposed such anti-science, such anti-Darwinist notions?
I just believe that the word "mutation" would be better served for those changes that are not beneficial to the species, and that a word like "adaptation" would be better for those that do benefit the species.

Mutations are about the science of changes. They describe the differences between how a critter was configured and how it is currently configured.

I agree with you that changes to critters are driven by things outside the range of conventional Darwinism. Calling that driver "environment" is just bullshit, the adoption of another scientifically unjustifiable belief system.
I disagree! Just because science has yet to test/verify something, does not necessarily make it untrue.

Tell us how "environment" drives mutations,
As I've already mentioned, all life is simply star stuff, (elements) that have come together. And elements react to other elements and forces. That adaptation or change (mutations) are due to ever differing levels of exposure to such elements, and forces. These differences are due to geologic's, atmospherics, and electro-magnetics, both natural and man made.

or shut up.
See this serves no purpose, as I surely won't, I doubt if you could make me if we were face to face. It only makes you look very little, as if you actually believe that you have a right to be so rude. It surely won't cause me to respect you, quite the contrary. So it's a fools game!

You are smart enough to do some honest research.
Of course I am, and I do. One of the falsehoods I've noticed that many here on this forum have garnered, is the conclusion that because I disagree with their belief, that it necessary follows that I haven't read/understood what they have read/understood, and that I don't simply disagree. As if because they believe it, it's necessarily true, and that's just not necessarily the case.

Your excellent mind would work better with the addition of serious information, obtained by study, instead of the popular crap it is currently feeding upon.
Of course I thank you, but I see that you characterize in such a way that serves your purpose, using words like serious and popular as you have, surely a means to pump up your belief, while at the same time attempting to demean my belief, as if you could in fact know that what I know fits those characterizations, as that would require further elaboration on my part, that as of yet you just haven't been apprised.

Greylorn
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Greylorn Ell wrote:
The probability that one single smallish 900 base-pair human gene might appear as the consequence of the random chance mutations of that gene is 1.4 x 10exp-542. Honest scientists decided long ago that one shot in 10 exp-40 was the equivalent of impossible. Translated: the likelihood that a single human gene might have occurred as the result of random chance is roughly 500 orders of magnitude beyond impossibility.
Could you link this?
Most people defending Darwinism are not well educated on the subject. Over years of work on many threads, I've encountered only one other person who claimed to have actually read Darwin's books. I can count those who've read either of Michael Behe's books on the fingers of one hand while picking my nose.
Since what you have claimed has little or nothing to do with Darwin at least here, it seems an irrelevant point.
If you care to be personally bothered with a bit of additional study, you might begin with this little Wikipedia piece about point mutations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_mutation

When satisfied with that you might come up with the solution to an evolutionary curiosity, the C-value Enigma, unresolved by Darwinian theory and equally vexing to religionists. Good luck with that.
It seems that non coding DNA is important in species, it seems that hence this problem is hardly one that denotes your conclusions are apt. There are problems with the DNA sequences, but you have done little to explain them, and certainly haven't produced any studies that show you have outlined where these things make evolution inapt. Links please.

End of the day your opinion is fine, but something appropriate in a journal or in any scientific capacity, that shows your point would convince far better than it's this because I say it is. Where and when have scientists found that x is impossible?

You are producing God of the gaps arguments, in the same way religionists do.
Greylorn wrote:Tell us how "environment" drives mutations, or shut up. You are smart enough to do some honest research. Your excellent mind would work better with the addition of serious information, obtained by study, instead of the popular crap it is currently feeding upon.
No tell us how it doesn't, you have to start with some sort of evidence that shows that you have a contention and for which reasons, talk is cheap.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Blaggard wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:
The probability that one single smallish 900 base-pair human gene might appear as the consequence of the random chance mutations of that gene is 1.4 x 10exp-542. Honest scientists decided long ago that one shot in 10 exp-40 was the equivalent of impossible. Translated: the likelihood that a single human gene might have occurred as the result of random chance is roughly 500 orders of magnitude beyond impossibility.
Could you link this?
Sure, but I don't want to kill the time doing it again. That's why I wrote an effing book. A physicist like yourself will find the computation trivial. P=n exp(p), from fundamental probability theory. I apologize for the notation, but this forum does not handle mathematical notation. P=n[sup]p[/sup] would do the job elsewhere, but clearly Rick wants to keep conversations trivial. No matter, for you surely know the principles and their consequential mathematical form.

You also know the structure of DNA, and the principles of how nucleotides code for the amino-acids in proteins, so you can easily fill in the blanks, i.e. the values of n and p.

If you find that I've misinterpreted the problem and have therefore applied an incorrect formulation, I will greatly value a better-informed correction.

I want you to know how much I value the opportunity to converse with another who is better versed in physics, math, biology, etc. than I am, because it is only from such people that I can learn. Thank you for your interest.

I realize that your post included other questions. But this is the goofy season, and I am beset with stuff to deal with, including a leaky roof. Let's deal with one issue at a time.

Merry Christmas!
Greylorn
SpheresOfBalance

Greylorn Ell wrote:The probability that one single smallish 900 base-pair human gene might appear as the consequence of the random chance mutations of that gene is 1.4 x 10exp-542. Honest scientists decided long ago that one shot in 10 exp-40 was the equivalent of impossible. Translated: the likelihood that a single human gene might have occurred as the result of random chance is roughly 500 orders of magnitude beyond impossibility.
What I don't understand is why it seems, that people think that one day "poof" something came into existence or changed (mutated). It's like they can only comprehend, along the very, very, very long chain of steps, step 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (13 sets of zeros) then step 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (14 sets of zeros). They seem to not be capable of accounting for all of the steps in between. In this case, depending upon how many actual steps are over looked in between, of course the chances are 'impossible,' that it could have skipped all those steps, that it could have gone from step c to step k. It's why I said, all that time ago, that the so called paradox of: "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" is a false question. The most appropriate answer for such a question is neither, yet both. Because in truth it took many many changes, over quite possibly many millions of years, for there to finally be a chicken and an egg. Neither came 'first' as they both came into being 'together,' after many many steps of not quite a chicken or an egg, with each step backwards being less and less a chicken or an egg, at least with respect to the chicken and egg of today, until finally at some point, way back when, they were one, at the very least, in that singular moment when life came into being in that primordial ooze, that which is the single point for all life on planet earth.

Greylorn could it be, that the reason why it seems "500 orders of magnitude beyond impossibility" is that 500 orders of magnitude of steps of change are missing from their minds eye, from their equation? (The numbers of anything I ever posit are not as important as the concept they help illuminate. My aim is to get one there, not be accurate, as accuracy in many cases is not actually necessarily obtainable, especially as it relates to very, very ancient history. )
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:The probability that one single smallish 900 base-pair human gene might appear as the consequence of the random chance mutations of that gene is 1.4 x 10exp-542. Honest scientists decided long ago that one shot in 10 exp-40 was the equivalent of impossible. Translated: the likelihood that a single human gene might have occurred as the result of random chance is roughly 500 orders of magnitude beyond impossibility.
What I don't understand is why it seems, that people think that one day "poof" something came into existence or changed (mutated). It's like they can only comprehend, along the very, very, very long chain of steps, step 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (13 sets of zeros) then step 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (14 sets of zeros). They seem to not be capable of accounting for all of the steps in between. In this case, depending upon how many actual steps are over looked in between, of course the chances are 'impossible,' that it could have skipped all those steps, that it could have gone from step c to step k. It's why I said, all that time ago, that the so called paradox of: "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" is a false question. The most appropriate answer for such a question is neither, yet both. Because in truth it took many many changes, over quite possibly many millions of years, for there to finally be a chicken and an egg. Neither came 'first' as they both came into being 'together,' after many many steps of not quite a chicken or an egg, with each step backwards being less and less a chicken or an egg, at least with respect to the chicken and egg of today, until finally at some point, way back when, they were one, at the very least, in that singular moment when life came into being in that primordial ooze, that which is the single point for all life on planet earth.

Greylorn could it be, that the reason why it seems "500 orders of magnitude beyond impossibility" is that 500 orders of magnitude of steps of change are missing from their minds eye, from their equation? (The numbers of anything I ever posit are not as important as the concept they help illuminate. My aim is to get one there, not be accurate, as accuracy in many cases is not actually necessarily obtainable, especially as it relates to very, very ancient history. )
The chances of being born at all are some astronomical number to one as well. I'm not even talking about the number of sperm and the fact that one of them caused each of us to come into existence, but that we are all the end result of billions of years of a direct line, every single one of which survived to reproduce itself. More proof that we don't exist. :lol:
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:
I appreciate your unbiasedness. Given my comments, I'm impressed, and will take your thoughts at face value rather than trying to read betwixt the words.

Somewhere amid whatever processes produce consciousness, I've gotten the notion that there is some value in paying attention to what actually happens in life, compared to my programmed beliefs about what should happen.

The NFL (National Football League) offers an example of bullshit vs. reality. (I'm a Green Bay Packer fan, who lived there, saw the transformations to a city, consequence of one hard-assed man.) This year the NFL came down hard, early in season, on players who showed the slightest bit of intransigence to some new rules. But by late season, they've adjusted their enforcement of rules, and are screwing the teams who made the mistake of abiding by these assholes' early-season "rules." Typical of bureaucratic pricks. If you want to win, your hand must enter their pockets with a fistful of large bills, and leave empty.

Philosophy should, ideally, be a hard-nosed conversation without rules. But modern philosophers are NOT related to Socrates, willing to put his life on the line for his ideas. Our "philosophers" are akin to the asshole NFL rule-makers. Their CYA (Cover Your Ass) principles have become their "philosophy." By constructing and abiding by their bullshit rules of discourse, they will secure their comfortable positions in universities, or their assumed position as "philosophers." No risk. No pain. No gain, excepting short-term personal interests.

I've been giving people the "benefit of the doubt" since I was taught that bullshit back in Catholic school. Consequences: loss of money to thieves, loss of credibility to liars. One who managed both was my oldest offspring. The truth is that people will tell you whatever they think you will believe in order to make a buck, or to prove themselves "right."

Greylorn

To your comment on humans being assholes, I agree that they often are. That often they shall try and take you for anything they can, of course they will, and it's a shame.

That often people decide that they can't beat them so they join them, is also equally a shame. Yet actually I'd like to see that, only in the other direction. That the emotional wrecks join the calm and cool.

Because I see a different kind of Übermensch on the horizon, one that knows the truth, and knows that he knows the truth, is comfortable with it, having no emotional need to shove it down ones throat, instead understanding that it's their loss, not his, if they don't listen.

We're talking mental strength and calm here, of the utmost ability. I hope to finally one day achieve it, as I know it shall pay off greatly! In all kinds of ways. My and their stress level, effectiveness, peace and harmony, a sense of cooperation rather than competition, as well as many other desirable things.

In truth, a need to win at all costs, to loose ones grip on self control, speaks more of ones inabilities than it does their abilities, actually lending to their not being listened to. So in essence they're like a windup walking tin man that can only go straight ahead, not being able to change course when encountering an obstacle, such that they make no further progress, their own worst enemy. It's far better to be like bamboo that bends in the wind, than a tree that cracks. It's far better to go around the obstacle.

One leads by example. So it all depends on what one would prefer they encounter.

S.O.B.

I hope that you arrive elsewhere than your version of "there." You'll find it less comfortable but more interesting.

Your meaning here is a bit on the oblique side for me, but it looks like you are offering behavior advice to a tree. That is superb advice for a tree, or by analogy a pacifist, or a Republican shmoo, or someone who is content to bend with the wind, and kiss the appropriate asses displayed downwind. Also fine advice for a glider pilot, but not for an A-10 pilot in a war zone.

I'm trying to push a philosophical envelope that conventional philosophers do not even know exists. I would appreciate some competent thinkers to assist the process, and I get annoyed with conventional people for whom thought is merely a process of mimicking. They are like the shmoos in "Sonic" drive-in commercials. I will probably continue to express my annoyance with such shmoos and intellectual phonies. For anyone who takes a new or different position, the huge mass of individuals reiterating opinions that society has programmed them to believe are greater obstructions than any overt enemies of the alternative position taken.

I notice that you speak twice of "shame." That is complete bullshit. Who defines "shame" except a gaggle of pretentious nitwits who have sex with their pets or farm animals when the official spouse isn't interested, and when no one is watching. It is occasionally amusing to ask one of these clowns how often they masturbate. Try it sometime, but not with friends that you want to retain.

I've worked with serious prison inmates, and not a one of them has expressed shame for his actions. Became friends with a few who seemed to appreciate my astronomy lectures. After the release of one, I let him babysit my kids one night. He'd already explained the direction of his next venture into a life of crime, but it was not about child molesting. The kids enjoyed his company and learned a lot of stuff that they could not have learned from me.

Had he ever expressed "shame" to me for the actions that sent him to jail, or protested that he was "innocent," that would never have happened.

Why is it a shame for a person to follow his instincts? I once had a ladyfriend who lived in the desert and cringed at the screams of the rabbits out there as they were being disemboweled by coyotes. Shames was her name. She was intelligent enough to know the cycles of life, the balance between predator and prey, and she understood this. Yet she wanted life to be different. Like the coyotes should become vegetarians, and the rabbits would not eat from a human family's garden. Women actually think like that.

Is it a shame that lots of dogs die every year, instead of being kept alive to bark at the moon all night and disturb the sleep of humans? It is a shame when a bowling pin absorbs a shock from an oncoming ball that would smash a human skull? Is it a shame that in the Large Hadron Collider destroys millions of helpless protons in its search for the Higgs bozon?

Have you been watching a lot of ASPCA commercials of late?

Greylorn
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greylorn Ell wrote:
I hope that you arrive elsewhere than your version of "there." You'll find it less comfortable but more interesting.

Your meaning here is a bit on the oblique side for me, but it looks like you are offering behavior advice to a tree. That is superb advice for a tree, or by analogy a pacifist, or a Republican shmoo, or someone who is content to bend with the wind, and kiss the appropriate asses displayed downwind. Also fine advice for a glider pilot, but not for an A-10 pilot in a war zone.

I'm trying to push a philosophical envelope that conventional philosophers do not even know exists. I would appreciate some competent thinkers to assist the process, and I get annoyed with conventional people for whom thought is merely a process of mimicking. They are like the shmoos in "Sonic" drive-in commercials. I will probably continue to express my annoyance with such shmoos and intellectual phonies. For anyone who takes a new or different position, the huge mass of individuals reiterating opinions that society has programmed them to believe are greater obstructions than any overt enemies of the alternative position taken.

I notice that you speak twice of "shame." That is complete bullshit. Who defines "shame" except a gaggle of pretentious nitwits who have sex with their pets or farm animals when the official spouse isn't interested, and when no one is watching. It is occasionally amusing to ask one of these clowns how often they masturbate. Try it sometime, but not with friends that you want to retain.

I've worked with serious prison inmates, and not a one of them has expressed shame for his actions. Became friends with a few who seemed to appreciate my astronomy lectures. After the release of one, I let him babysit my kids one night. He'd already explained the direction of his next venture into a life of crime, but it was not about child molesting. The kids enjoyed his company and learned a lot of stuff that they could not have learned from me.

Had he ever expressed "shame" to me for the actions that sent him to jail, or protested that he was "innocent," that would never have happened.

Why is it a shame for a person to follow his instincts? I once had a ladyfriend who lived in the desert and cringed at the screams of the rabbits out there as they were being disemboweled by coyotes. Shames was her name. She was intelligent enough to know the cycles of life, the balance between predator and prey, and she understood this. Yet she wanted life to be different. Like the coyotes should become vegetarians, and the rabbits would not eat from a human family's garden. Women actually think like that.

Is it a shame that lots of dogs die every year, instead of being kept alive to bark at the moon all night and disturb the sleep of humans? It is a shame when a bowling pin absorbs a shock from an oncoming ball that would smash a human skull? Is it a shame that in the Large Hadron Collider destroys millions of helpless protons in its search for the Higgs bozon?

Greylorn
You talk like a cynical psychopath. Don't assume all people are like that.
SpheresOfBalance

Greylorn Ell wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:

Greylorn

S.O.B.

Greylorn
None of that crap impresses me, simply a boy beating his chest. Some it would seem, have 'only' machismo, thus testosterone on the brain, tell me who you are?

It's a shame when he, through ignorance, sticks a loaded .45 ACP barrel in his mouth, safety off, and pulls the trigger. It's a shame that he didn't 'know' any better. Care to try it? It's a shame, as that's also the only thing that impresses me. The only act of a sane mans bravery. Anything else, in dealing death, the mark of a coward. You say you want to change the world, start with you, the only life you actually have 100% dominion over, at least philosophically. But then you're no philosopher are you? To give license for one's own murder, is a fools game indeed. There's always a bigger beast in the woods. One starts as feeble, needing his ass wiped, and ends feeble, needing his ass wiped. There's always a bigger beast in the woods. To beat ones chest as if he's invincible, and that he has the "right" solution because of it, is a fools game. To back any kind of, so called knowledge, with this type of analogy or metaphor, is a fools game. I was once given the key to the kingdoms demise, possession of a live nuclear weapon, me and my fellow keeper that is, knowing full well that if he touched it, I'd have to go so far as to kill him, and he, I, so said the D.O.D.

I learned of the men of M.A.D. in those days, and understand those types all too well, because in fact I am a philosopher. (An A-10 tank killer, or a prison inmate indeed, can you say, "mushroom," but you only have a nanosecond to do so, when you're at ground zero.)

So what you really have to ask yourself is, "are you brave or a coward?" And, "Are you sane or insane?" Choose carefully, as your life here as someone meaningful rests upon your answers. Do you want to be a philosopher or a fool?

FYI, I thought I was sharing my philosophy on progress, personal growth, and the advanced human being, with someone of like mind. That you instead took offense as if it was some sort of put down, as if I was speaking of you personally, says more about you than it does me. You totally blindsided me with that response, I expected far more from you, than what seems to be your guilt, your inferiority complex, your lack of self esteem, or so it surely might seem. You don't understand me very well. But then no one here actually does. Just look at me the same as everyone else does, consider me a babbling fool, and you'll be the same as everyone else here. Who knows maybe I have brain cancer, not quite in my right mind, going to die soon, such that that's the kind of person you're taking way too serious, arguing with one that should be very easy to argue against, yet finding it complicated somehow. If only we were face to face, maybe you could have seen what I really meant. Maybe a dieing man just like you. I believe I can look into peoples soul, through their eyes, how about you? I have tears in mine most of the time, and I don't really know what kind of pain it is, I mean is it physical, is it mental, is it both? Maybe someone can look into them and tell me what it is.

As to the topic at hand:

I believe that to say, "Evolution is False" is way too broad." That instead, some I agree with and some I don't. Nothing is perfect! At least not on planet earth. I guess we could wrestle with specifics, but right now I'm getting tired of typing, Later! ;)

Oh and Happy Holidays to all those that don't want to make a big stink about me wishing them so. Oh to hell with it, Happy Holidays to them too. "You see you, can't please everyone so you, got to please yourself." --Ricky Nelson--

P.S. one last question: Is one that seems to think violence is a viable solution to anything intellectual, a through back evolutionarily speaking? I believe so!