Philosophical Microsoft Software Engineers. A RAnT!!!

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mark black

Post by mark black »

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

mb.
i blame blame

Re: Philosophical Microsoft Software Engineers. A RAnT!!!

Post by i blame blame »

Arising_uk wrote:aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've just lost another bunch of conversation because of an unhandled Win exception error in IE7.0.5730.11. Its always on these bleeding Free Dictionary websites but thats not what PISSES ME OFF!! Its that how come you bastards haven't coded a 'gentle' exception handler for each bleeding TAB!! You lazy gits!! C'mon what can a web-scripter do that you should not be able to handle?
a_uk
p.s.
I understand that you have to code 'kludges' but the point of IE7 was the bloody tabs! If its going to crash I might as well go back to single view?
p.p.s.
In fact. F**k it! Linux 4 evr!
Sounds like it's about high time you change browser.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Were I to have a black book listing those who have an apparent and unshakeable vendetta against me it would list three people, none of them Mark Black.
mark black

Post by mark black »

Opera is pretty good. It doesn't like hotmail - or you tube links, but it's okay with ymail. It has multiple tabs, so I can have this reply in one tab and open any other page, this site, wiki, anything - on another tab. Very useful - and it hardly ever crashes.