The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

chaz wyman wrote:
Godfree wrote: Soul , seems Atheists don't have a soul , because thats the bit that lives on and goes to heaven ,,???
so an argument about a soul , is just another way of arguing does god exist , and I thought this thread was about Atheism , who gives a rats arse , about your soul ,
Will the Atheist movement restore dignity to the human intellect ,,???,, Yes

That is NOT the title of the Thread.


surely a system based on reality flawed as it may be , is infinitely better than one thats based on superstitious nonsense and ignorance ,,bring on the Atheist movement,,,!!!!
There is precious little dignity in having to follow a movement based on nothing.
Would you agree Atheists soul is a contradiction in terms , an oxy moron , a bit like saying a mortal spirit , or how about , a real fantasy ,,???? ,,
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by chaz wyman »

Godfree wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Godfree wrote: Soul , seems Atheists don't have a soul , because thats the bit that lives on and goes to heaven ,,???
so an argument about a soul , is just another way of arguing does god exist , and I thought this thread was about Atheism , who gives a rats arse , about your soul ,
Will the Atheist movement restore dignity to the human intellect ,,???,, Yes

That is NOT the title of the Thread.


surely a system based on reality flawed as it may be , is infinitely better than one thats based on superstitious nonsense and ignorance ,,bring on the Atheist movement,,,!!!!
There is precious little dignity in having to follow a movement based on nothing.
Would you agree Atheists soul is a contradiction in terms , an oxy moron , a bit like saying a mortal spirit , or how about , a real fantasy ,,???? ,,
Depends.
It depends on what you mean by soul. Atheism is about a non belief in god/s and it does not disbar you from a belief in a soul. Buddhists are atheists, but the idea of a soul is not foreign to them.
Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

There is precious little dignity in having to follow a movement based on nothing.[/quote]
Would you agree Atheists soul is a contradiction in terms , an oxy moron , a bit like saying a mortal spirit , or how about , a real fantasy ,,???? ,,[/quote]

Depends.
It depends on what you mean by soul. Atheism is about a non belief in god/s and it does not disbar you from a belief in a soul. Buddhists are atheists, but the idea of a soul is not foreign to them.[/quote]
Buddhists are Atheists ,,??? ,,,so how and who re-incarnates them then ,
how can you believe a spirit can leave one body and enter another ,
and remain Atheist ,,??? , whats the difference between that and life after death,,,???
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by chaz wyman »

Godfree wrote: Buddhists are Atheists ,,??? ,,,so how and who re-incarnates them then ,
how can you believe a spirit can leave one body and enter another ,
and remain Atheist ,,??? , whats the difference between that and life after death,,,???
Define Atheist.

And try to learn how to use the quote function
Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

chaz wyman wrote:
Godfree wrote: Buddhists are Atheists ,,??? ,,,so how and who re-incarnates them then ,
how can you believe a spirit can leave one body and enter another ,
and remain Atheist ,,??? , whats the difference between that and life after death,,,???
Define Atheist.

And try to learn how to use the quote function[/quote

So lets see if I have this right , you claim to be an Atheist ,
but don't know how to define one ,,???
if that question is too hard then try , do you know Buddhists believe in re-incarnation ,,??? ,,,how can one be re-incarnated , without being a spirit , for at least a little while ,,??? , I don't accept that Buddhists are Atheist ,
certainly not by my definition , if you accept the idea of spirits ,
then why not ghosts , angels and heaven ,,???
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by chaz wyman »

Godfree wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: Define atheist.
So lets see if I have this right , you claim to be an Atheist ,
but don't know how to define one ,,???
if that question is too hard then try , do you know Buddhists believe in re-incarnation ,,??? ,,,how can one be re-incarnated , without being a spirit , for at least a little while ,,??? , I don't accept that Buddhists are Atheist ,
certainly not by my definition , if you accept the idea of spirits ,
then why not ghosts , angels and heaven ,,???
No, you have not got this straight. I know what an atheist is. Clearly you do not.
The reason I asked you to define it is to show you that you are wrong.
So I'll ask again.

Define atheist

Then you might learn a little bit of discrimination.
Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

So lets see if I have this right , you claim to be an Atheist ,
but don't know how to define one ,,???
if that question is too hard then try , do you know Buddhists believe in re-incarnation ,,??? ,,,how can one be re-incarnated , without being a spirit , for at least a little while ,,??? , I don't accept that Buddhists are Atheist ,
certainly not by my definition , if you accept the idea of spirits ,
then why not ghosts , angels and heaven ,,???[/quote]

No, you have not got this straight. I know what an atheist is. Clearly you do not.
The reason I asked you to define it is to show you that you are wrong.
So I'll ask again.

Define atheist

Then you might learn a little bit of discrimination.[/quote]

So there is a right definition of Atheist ??, please what might that be ,,??
your very quick to say "I'm Wrong" , so lets see what you think is
the right definition of Atheist , by Chaz
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by chaz wyman »

Godfree wrote:
So there is a right definition of Atheist ??, please what might that be ,,??
your very quick to say "I'm Wrong" , so lets see what you think is
the right definition of Atheist , by Chaz
Are you plug stupid?
Answer the question!
You keep telling me I can't be an atheist but it seems you don't even know what it is.
Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

chaz wyman wrote:
Godfree wrote:
So there is a right definition of Atheist ??, please what might that be ,,??
your very quick to say "I'm Wrong" , so lets see what you think is
the right definition of Atheist , by Chaz
Are you plug stupid?
Answer the question!
You keep telling me I can't be an atheist but it seems you don't even know what it is.
We appear to be having the same argument on two threads ,,???
So since your a scardy cat and don't have the balls to front up with a definition I shall ,
An Atheist believes there is no god , but like anybody an Atheist needs answers to the many questions life asks of us , without superstition or a god to ask Atheism turns to science , so science is the body of knowledge an Atheist calls upon to build what he calls reality , not superstition or mythology .
The reason I as an Atheist do not consider god as real or credible ,
is because I can find or see no proof , and using the same rationale ,
I can also dismiss the Loch Ness Monster , Alien Abduction , etc
So an Atheist is a realist , and proof is the key to knowledge ,
if our knowledge does not require proof , any old nonsense will do ,,!!!
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by chaz wyman »

Godfree wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Are you plug stupid?
Answer the question!
You keep telling me I can't be an atheist but it seems you don't even know what it is.
We appear to be having the same argument on two threads ,,???
So since your a scardy cat and don't have the balls to front up with a definition I shall ,
An Atheist believes there is no god ,

NO, an atheist has no belief in god. Atheism is not a belief system, it is the lack of one. You might have a belief in something else, but it is NOT covered by the term atheist - which only suggests a lack of belief.

but like anybody an Atheist needs answers to the many questions life asks of us , without superstition or a god to ask Atheism turns to science , so science is the body of knowledge an Atheist calls upon to build what he calls reality , not superstition or mythology .

Being scientistic, does NOT have to include atheism. There are many people who accept, follow, believe in science and also believe in god.
It is also possible for a person that had no interest in science to be an atheist.


The reason I as an Atheist do not consider god as real or credible ,

Which god is that? By taking this stance you give credibility to the concept of god. You validate theists.


is because I can find or see no proof , and using the same rationale ,
I can also dismiss the Loch Ness Monster , Alien Abduction , etc
So an Atheist is a realist , and proof is the key to knowledge ,

No, you claim to be a realist. But as we have discussed before you have many weird and unorthodox ideas which mainstream science does not follow. That puts you in the realm of fantasy or myth. Whether these speculations or imagining count as science is one thing - they are not atheistic, as such. Most scientists accept the BBang theory - does that mean they are NOT atheist because they don't agree with you?


if our knowledge does not require proof , any old nonsense will do ,,!!!

I've heard plenty of nonsense from you, and this habit of yours to fail to discriminate between differing definitions make you look like a person who relies on faith.

Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

]

The reason I as an Atheist do not consider god as real or credible ,

Which god is that? By taking this stance you give credibility to the concept of god. You validate theists.



if our knowledge does not require proof , any old nonsense will do ,,!!!

I've heard plenty of nonsense from you, and this habit of yours to fail to discriminate between differing definitions make you look like a person who relies on faith.


[/quote][/quote]
I have faith you will continue to find fault with my statements and
will continue to lack the spine to have an opinion of your own .
See this is why you are on other peoples threads Chaz ,
because you like to be the critic , to pick holes in others
is more fun than exposing your own ,
it's easier if you don't own it Chaz ,
then you can just be a negative arsehole to everything ,
when was the last time you supported a thread Chaz ,
got on and gave positive and encouraging support for the thread ,
have you ever done that Chaz,,????
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by chaz wyman »

Godfree wrote:]

I have faith you will continue to find fault with my statements and
will continue to lack the spine to have an opinion of your own .

I think in over 9000 post, i've shown that I have no difficulty expressing an opinion.

See this is why you are on other peoples threads Chaz ,
because you like to be the critic , to pick holes in others
is more fun than exposing your own ,

You have tried and failed. You resort to insults because you mind is not up to the job it seems.


it's easier if you don't own it Chaz ,
then you can just be a negative arsehole to everything ,
when was the last time you supported a thread Chaz ,

If you could read you would see there are plenty of examples of me supporting a thread

got on and gave positive and encouraging support for the thread ,
have you ever done that Chaz,,????

Like I said before, when you actually address the issue, rather than thrash out like a baby, I'll engage you in conversation. Until then I suggest you go away and grow some brain cells.
Then, maybe, just maybe you will also learn to understand the quote function.


GODFREE

Image
Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

chaz wyman wrote:
Godfree wrote:]

I have faith you will continue to find fault with my statements and
will continue to lack the spine to have an opinion of your own .
[0]
GODFREE[/size][/u][/b]
Image
Did you have that charming little ladies permission to use her image on the internet,,????,,,!!!!
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by chaz wyman »

Godfree wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Godfree wrote:]

I have faith you will continue to find fault with my statements and
will continue to lack the spine to have an opinion of your own .
[0]
GODFREE[/size][/u][/b]
Image
Did you have that charming little ladies permission to use her image on the internet,,????,,,!!!!
Have you heard of the concept of public domain.
http://www.writebynight.net/rants-raves ... he-editor/
Godfree
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: The Atheist Movement Will Restore the Human Soul

Post by Godfree »

[
GODFREE[/size][/u][/b]
Image[/quote][/quote]

Did you have that charming little ladies permission to use her image on the internet,,????,,,!!!![/quote]

Have you heard of the concept of public domain.
http://www.writebynight.net/rants-raves ... he-editor/[/quote]
I shall take that as a no ,,,
Post Reply