Is becoming like God good or evil?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Is becoming like God good or evil?

Post by Greatest I am »

Resha Caner wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Don't like to answer questions do you?
I don't like to be misrepresented.
Then be clear instead of hiding in the bush .

Regards
DL
Resha Caner

Post by Resha Caner »

Greatest I am wrote:Then be clear instead of hiding in the bush.
You've never dealt with complexity before? What is it you think I'm hiding?

If someone insisted that you're "hiding" by calling death undesirable rather than evil, would that person be correct or would they be misrepresenting you?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Resha Caner wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Then be clear instead of hiding in the bush.
You've never dealt with complexity before? What is it you think I'm hiding?

If someone insisted that you're "hiding" by calling death undesirable rather than evil, would that person be correct or would they be misrepresenting you?
Add this question to your list of answers from my questions above and you will get your answer.

Reciprocity is fair play where I come from and BTW, whhat you are showing is hardly what I would call complexity.

Regards
DL
Resha Caner

Post by Resha Caner »

Greatest I am wrote:Add this question to your list of answers from my questions above and you will get your answer.

Reciprocity is fair play where I come from and BTW, whhat you are showing is hardly what I would call complexity.
Sigh. OK, so you think me a devious person. I didn't want a discussion of "infallible" to derail the thread, but it already has so I guess it doesn't matter.

God is infallible and he inspires scripture. That is what scripture claims for itself, and that is where I would stop if the discussion were simple.

Can a Bible be corrupted? Sure. Look at all the people who have written their own versions of it - Thomas Jefferson, Mark Twain, and Joseph Smith spring to mind. Can it be misinterpreted? Sure. Look at all the different ideas that come out of Revelation. Not all of them can be right.

But if God can't overcome such things, he is a very small god indeed. So, if God is who the Bible claims him to be, then there must be a canon in existance that conveys his message. I believe the canon acknowledged by confessional Lutheranism to be the inspired Word of God - what most people would call the Protestant Bible.

If that doesn't answer the question, I'll elaborate more.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Resha Caner wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Add this question to your list of answers from my questions above and you will get your answer.

Sigh. OK, so you think me a devious person. I didn't want a discussion of "infallible" to derail the thread, but it already has so I guess it doesn't matter.

God is infallible and he inspires scripture. That is what scripture claims for itself, and that is where I would stop if the discussion were simple.

Can a Bible be corrupted? Sure. Look at all the people who have written their own versions of it - Thomas Jefferson, Mark Twain, and Joseph Smith spring to mind. Can it be misinterpreted? Sure. Look at all the different ideas that come out of Revelation. Not all of them can be right.

But if God can't overcome such things, he is a very small god indeed. So, if God is who the Bible claims him to be, then there must be a canon in existance that conveys his message. I believe the canon acknowledged by confessional Lutheranism to be the inspired Word of God - what most people would call the Protestant Bible.

If that doesn't answer the question, I'll elaborate more.
So all the various, thousands of various bibles are wrong except your cults.
Now that that is out of the way, try the post where most of the questions are of a moral nature.

Since reciprocity is fair play, I will give how I think all bibles and Gods have come to be by using this link as an analogy for all religions.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/59507/detail/

Regards
DL
Resha Caner

Post by Resha Caner »

Greatest I am wrote:Sodom's destruction including children and babies was not evil?
The genocide in Noah's day was not evil?
God hardening Pharaoh's soft heart so that he could flex his wath by murdering children instead of the parents, the innocent instead of the guilty, was not evil?
I don't believe God does evil.
Greatest I am wrote:Then why punish A & E.
Because they disobeyed.
Greatest I am wrote:Would you punish your child if deceived by a more powerful force?
If, like Adam and Eve, my child tried to hide from me what had happened, yes I would punish them for the attempted deception.
Greatest I am wrote:Was God punishing A & E justified if an angel who God allowed in the garden was the true evil force?
Yes.
Greatest I am wrote:What then was the purpose?
I don't know.
Greatest I am wrote:Revelation 12:9
So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Again, it doesn't say God gave that power.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Resha Caner wrote:
mtmynd1 wrote:Seeing as there is quite a bit of bible being tossed about, do you, DL and Resha, both believe the Bible to be written by (a) god? And if so, is the Bible infallible in what is written?
There is a long list of differences between me and DL. I'm sure this is one of them. However, each one of those differences is likely a very lengthy discussion. I'm willing to have that discussion, but before we spin off into this, might I ask what prompted your question?
Hello, Resha..

All the talk of Adam and Eve primarily, as if they were a fact.

Add to that the talk of good and evil... the chatter about Noah and the Ark... several biblical references that seem to be taken as they were written.