how does one lie with a man as one does with a woman

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kayla

Re: how does one lie with a man as one does with a woman

Post by Kayla »

Khalid wrote:
Kayla wrote: does this mean that god approves of lesbianism
No , it doesn't mean so .
so how do you explain the fact that girls smell nice while most guys smell funny
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Arising_uk wrote:.You've not had any elections until now? Do you think women will do as well in the future as you appear to be talking about the secular dictatordhip of Mubarak.
The final round of presidential elections 10 days later or something . We will see .
Not liberal according to your beliefs about homosexuality? Or are you saying homosexuality is allowed in Egypt?
I said I'm supporting a liberal society caring for our eastern culture , nature , values and our Islamic background . If the regime cares for these things , homosexuality will not be allowed then .
1 . I do call to witness the Resurrection Day;
Do you? How are you witnessing this event?
2 . And I do call to witness the self-reproaching spirit: (Eschew Evil).
I do.
3 . Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones?
Who's this 'We'?
4 . Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.
Who's this 'We'?
5 . But man wishes to do wrong (even) in the time in front of him.
'We' appear to have made pretty badly then.
That was a koranic verse (We refers to God) in which God questions man, do you think there will not be judgement day , Do you think we are not capable of assembling your bones again after death .
So when is it? Handy that this belief allows no questions.
1 . When the Event inevitable cometh to pass,

2 . Then will no (soul) entertain falsehood concerning its coming.

3 . (Many) will it bring low; (many) will it exalt;

4 . When the earth shall be shaken to its depths,

5 . And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms,

6 . Becoming dust scattered abroad,

7 . And ye shall be sorted out into three classes.

8 . Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the Companions of the Right Hand?

9 . And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand? (the disbelievers)

10 . And those Foremost (in Faith) will be Foremost (in the Hereafter).

11 . These will be those Nearest to Allah.

What will you do if this 'Day of Resurrection' is not true?
It's true .
Last edited by Khalid on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Kayla wrote:
Khalid wrote:My emotions are very against homosexuality , I'm free now it's my opinion.
ok let me see if i can explain this in terms you can understand

THIS PHILOSOPHY FORUM

EXPRESS ONLY OPINION BAD

JUSTIFY OPINION GOOD

IF KHALID NO JUSTIFY OPINION EVERYONE MAKE FUN OF KHALID
I don't know , I was born like this , I find it unnatural to me and disgusting . Like you , you hate broccoli , should I keep demanding you to explain that dislike to broccoli ?
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Kayla wrote:
Khalid wrote:
Kayla wrote: does this mean that god approves of lesbianism
No , it doesn't mean so .
so how do you explain the fact that girls smell nice while most guys smell funny
What does that suppose to mean ?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Khalid wrote:I don't know , I was born like this , I find it unnatural to me and disgusting . Like you , you hate broccoli , should I keep demanding you to explain that dislike to broccoli ?
if i kept saying that broccoli eating should be prohibited - that it is wrong to eat broccoli - they yes you would be in the right to demand an explanation

my aversion to broccoli causes no harm to anyone so as long as all i do is not eat broccoli there is no for an explanation

but if someone has a major dislike against homosexuals blacks arabs jews whatever and wants the state to take legal action against homosexuals arabs blacks jews etc then yes they should justify themselves

if they refuse they just show themselves as a small minded bigot

and no you were not born like this someone taught you that homosexuality is wrong
lennartack

Post by lennartack »

Khalid wrote:
Kayla wrote:
Khalid wrote:My emotions are very against homosexuality , I'm free now it's my opinion.

THIS PHILOSOPHY FORUM

EXPRESS ONLY OPINION BAD

JUSTIFY OPINION GOOD

I don't know , I was born like this , I find it unnatural to me and disgusting . Like you , you hate broccoli , should I keep demanding you to explain that dislike to broccoli ?
If philosophy were about food, yes. You should even ask her to eat some broccoli, to find out what makes her dislike it. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method, a conversational method from a Philosopher who lived long before Muhammed, when monotheism was still extremely rare.
lennartack

Post by lennartack »

reasonvemotion wrote: Admirably written lennartack
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Khalid wrote:
Kayla wrote:

THIS PHILOSOPHY FORUM

EXPRESS ONLY OPINION BAD

JUSTIFY OPINION GOOD

No one is asking you to EAT broccoli. So why not mind your own business when it comes to other people's sexual desire?

You might also ask yourself why you use the word unnatural. How can a primitive urge, which is not chosen, be unnnatural.
No one chooses to be gay, anymore than you have chosen to like girls - you do like girls don't you? Did you wake up one morning thinking about girls, or did you say to yourself one day - I think I will choose to be heterosexual.
Think about it!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Khalid wrote:
Kayla wrote:
Khalid wrote: No , it doesn't mean so .
What does that suppose to mean ?
Use your brain.

Sexual preference is not a choice; it is natural.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Khalid wrote:The final round of presidential elections 10 days later or something . We will see .
We will. So far it looks to be a choice between the brotherhood and the old guard. Is it that people are scared of the brotherhoods Islam that some will vote for the devil they know?
I said I'm supporting a liberal society caring for our eastern culture , nature , values and our Islamic background . If the regime cares for these things , homosexuality will not be allowed then .
In the old days the western homosexual went East to satisfy his desires, have things changed that much?

Your "Islamic background" precludes the idea of a 'liberal' society. What you mean is you want the tyranny of the majority(a flaw in Democracy that we in the 'West' try to keep an eye on) as it suits your Eastern culture.
That was a koranic verse (We refers to God) in which God questions man, do you think there will not be judgement day , Do you think we are not capable of assembling your bones again after death .
No, I don't think there will be a 'Judgement day' in the way you think but if there is then I think ALL the 'judgement days' that pretty much all the religions have postulated have as much chance of being true.

I know you're not capable of this. I think Man may be able to do this one day but it'd still not be me as memories are not created this way.

Who's this 'we' you chat about? You are 'God'?
1 . When the Event inevitable cometh to pass, ...
The only inevitable event is that you will die some day.

2 . Then will no (soul) entertain falsehood concerning its coming.

3 . (Many) will it bring low; (many) will it exalt;

4 . When the earth shall be shaken to its depths,

5 . And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms,

6 . Becoming dust scattered abroad,

7 . And ye shall be sorted out into three classes.

8 . Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the Companions of the Right Hand?

9 . And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand? (the disbelievers)

10 . And those Foremost (in Faith) will be Foremost (in the Hereafter).

11 . These will be those Nearest to Allah.
Conjecture but you didn't say who the "Companions of the Right Hand" are?
It's true .
You mean, "I believe it to be true". How and why?
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Arising_uk wrote:We will. So far it looks to be a choice between the brotherhood and the old guard. Is it that people are scared of the brotherhoods Islam that some will vote for the devil they know?
Personally, sad to say I'm going to give my vote to Shafik 'the old guard' , it's better to make a balance , rather than giving the muslim brotherhood the full control of the country . Also I'm worried about the Copts concerns that you mentioned before .
No, I don't think there will be a 'Judgement day' in the way you think but if there is then I think ALL the 'judgement days' that pretty much all the religions have postulated have as much chance of being true.
The idea or postulation of the judgement day is similar in all religions .
Even the ancient Egyptians had faith in the idea of judgement day , had faith in the after life . And they weren't conquered by any religious ideology in that time. As you can see in the following painting , the idea of a balance for the acts of your life . Good acts are put in a scale and evil are put in the other . In other painting , there was a dragon waiting for you behind the balance , ready to eat your heart in case the evil acts overcome the good of your life or so they believed .

So if you believe that things will simply fade to black and turn into nothingness when you die . Then keep believing so till you meet the shocking truth .
I know you're not capable of this. I think Man may be able to do this one day but it'd still not be me as memories are not created this way.

Who's this 'we' you chat about? You are 'God'?
In Arabic I can use plural when speak , so 'we' refers to God only . He is using we instead of I . So he is capable of assembling your bones and reforming your body . And all your memories and life .
Conjecture but you didn't say who the "Companions of the Right Hand" are?
the companions of the right hand are the good people who worshiped God . And they are verses not my words again .

I would like to comment on the part
, '3 . (Many) will it bring low; (many) will it exalt;'
For example , a tyrant like Mubarak who lived 30 years as a king enjoying gathering billions of dollars while his people were starving . He will be brought low in that day of justice . On the other hand , a poor worker who never touched money that doesn't belong to him and never cheated anyone , who believed in God and prepared himself for that day will be exalted . That is the meaning of life , if you want to understand .
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

According to my Egyptian friend the new government is telling people not to talk to foreigners because they are all spies.
They are ramping up the xenophobia and the fear, she says, to keep the Islamicists and the military on form control.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Khalid wrote: For example , a tyrant like Mubarak who lived 30 years as a king enjoying gathering billions of dollars while his people were starving . He will be brought low in that day of justice . On the other hand , a poor worker who never touched money that doesn't belong to him and never cheated anyone , who believed in God and prepared himself for that day will be exalted . That is the meaning of life , if you want to understand .
And he prayed to Allah everyday, And Allah gave him all he wanted. Now Allah gives the same privileges to the military rulers and their Brotherhood friends.
The only hope for Egypt is a rejection of a religious government.
Democracy only works where there is a suspension of the power of religion, like in all Western countries that have thrived from the schism in the church.
Your Revolution is over.
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

chaz wyman wrote:The only hope for Egypt is a rejection of a religious government.
Democracy only works where there is a suspension of the power of religion, like in all Western countries that have thrived from the schism in the church.
Your Revolution is over.
I don't care about the background of the government , parliament or president . All I care about is the rule or constitution that's going to be formed , this is the important standard of democracy and this is what's going to make the shape of the country . After four years Islamists might say goodbye to parliament and presidency if not elected again , specially in case they don't make touchable economical improvements . So I wish a liberal balanced constitution is formed giving equal rights to muslims and christians , not secular western constitution nor totally religious one .
Last edited by Khalid on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

chaz wyman wrote:According to my Egyptian friend the new government is telling people not to talk to foreigners because they are all spies.
They are ramping up the xenophobia and the fear, she says, to keep the Islamicists and the military on form control.
The military is saying good bye after two or three weeks . The case of your friend is complicated , I don't know what kind of organizations she was working for . And I can't ignore the putrid smell I had in my nose of some American attempts to cause chaos in Egypt during the past 16 months .