Scientific Facts In The Quran

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
ForgedinHell
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by ForgedinHell »

chaz wyman wrote:
You are suggesting that Christians are smart enough to have fabricated the whole story?
And the dirt Arabs?

You are a moron.[/color]

.
[/quote]


Comrade, Chaz, you don't know what you are writing about, as usual. There is no evidence to support either an historial jesus or muhammad. You can write, otherwise, but unlike you, instead of resorting to insults, I presented arguments. In science, one looks at the evidence, and the best explanation for the evidence, not a show of hands. Although historians routinely claim there was an historical Jesus, the problem for them is that when they are asked to produce evidence, they don't have any. This is what you believe: That Jesus would have been famous, spreading the word like wildfire, yet, not a single person bothered to write anything down about his life while he was living? Not a single person wanted to visit those places he supposedly lived and died at, until about a century after his alleged death? That not a single historian who was alive during this alleged life wrote anything about him? And this is the same situation with Muhammad. You can believe such nonsense if you want, but that makes you the moron, not me. Unlike you, I ask people to produce evidence for their claims.
User avatar
Resha Caner
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Resha Caner »

ForgedinHell wrote:Although historians routinely claim there was an historical Jesus, the problem for them is that when they are asked to produce evidence, they don't have any.
So you are trained in historical method?
User avatar
Khalid
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am
Contact:

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Khalid »

ForgedinHell wrote:There is nothing scientific in the koran. For example, where is the scientific method described in the koran? It isn't. If the koran did state the scientific method should be followed in obtaining knowledge, then it would be telling its readers to ignore its own non-verifiable supernatural claims.

Anyone who claims that the koran has all the answers please solve a present, unsolved, scientific question through the koran. It never happens, does it? Instead, the muslims wait until a scientific discovery occurs, then they try to stretch the interpretation of some obscure passage in the koran to fit the discovery. It's insanity.
you don't see the big picture , that book has no mistake nor Crookedness cause it wasn't written by a man . When a verse starts with saying "Praise be to Allah, Who hath sent to His Servant the Book, and hath allowed therein no Crookedness:" , and the same thing repeated in other verses with the same meaning , other meaning , God says , if all mankind decides to write a book like the Quran they can't do so . Whether you like the idea or not , many scientific facts were mentioned before an electric bill was devised .Then God gave us the mind , ability , materials , animals and everything to reach what we reached in today's world of technology and knowledge . Steel , oil , electricity , Magnet , phosphor , copper , plants from which we extract medicine , animals and everything was given to us , dominated and used by us . Work and you will reach the result , study and you will have the knowledge . The first word mentioned in the Quran is "Read" ,
1 . Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
2 . Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
3 . Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
4 . He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
5 . Taught man that which he knew not.
I never found better philosophical nor better words respecting my brain than the Quran .
User avatar
Khalid
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am
Contact:

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Khalid »

Arising_uk wrote:I'd be more impressed if you denounced such terrorist acts by the followers of Islam rather than pretending that they are plots by the big, bad, American Jews.
Alright , I denounce violence against innocent civilians and any violence not based on the right of self-defense and fighting against occupation . I do think 9/11 was an inside job as a part of a big conspiracy but as long as I use the word "think" then it's not a fact and I admit extremism is a disease exist everywhere . And the majority of muslims are moderate normal people and they don't accept violence against civilians whatever were the justifications .
I am impressed by your words but in the end I think that you are a believer and follower and if your Imams declared jihad you would go along with it and commit the same atrocities with no compunction that you say the Zionist does.
My friend there is no Imam in the Arab Sunni countries , no patriarchy or Imam regime like the Iranian model . My imam is my own head , and when I finish education , I'm recruited in the national army defending our borders and security . let me also assure you something , my country must avoid any troubles for atleast a decade , it's a matter of saving generations and future .
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by chaz wyman »

ForgedinHell wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
You are suggesting that Christians are smart enough to have fabricated the whole story?
And the dirt Arabs?

You are a moron.[/color]

.

Let me see - I'll delete all the bullshit and retain any thing that makes sense....
, Chaz, l. There is evidence to support either an historial jesus or muhammad. s.
[/quote]
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by chaz wyman »

Resha Caner wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:Although historians routinely claim there was an historical Jesus, the problem for them is that when they are asked to produce evidence, they don't have any.
So you are trained in historical method?
I've got a Masters in History,
FiH is too busy with his sister behind the toolshed.
User avatar
Resha Caner
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Resha Caner »

chaz wyman wrote:I've got a Masters in History
I've got a BA in History. I hope to go on eventually, but it's been delayed for the time being.
User avatar
Khalid
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am
Contact:

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Khalid »

chaz wyman wrote:If the people of this religion are asked about the proof for the soundness of their religion, they flare up, get angry and spill the blood of whoever confronts them with this question. They forbid rational speculation, and strive to kill their adversaries. This is why truth became thoroughly silenced and concealed."
Speechless . But let's all start from the beginning , What is irrational about God ? What is your problem with religions generally ?
marjoramblues
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 am

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by marjoramblues »

Khalid wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:If the people of this religion are asked about the proof for the soundness of their religion, they flare up, get angry and spill the blood of whoever confronts them with this question. They forbid rational speculation, and strive to kill their adversaries. This is why truth became thoroughly silenced and concealed."
Speechless . But let's all start from the beginning , What is irrational about God ? What is your problem with religions generally ?
Why 'speechless' ?
Isn't it a great quote to start a fresh discussion... ?

Do you know anything about the person who wrote it - and the context ?
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12314
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Arising_uk »

... And the majority of muslims are moderate normal people and they don't accept violence against civilians whatever were the justifications .
I accept this but the problem is if what you say is correct then their views have no matter upon the subject as there is no authority to restrain those Muslims who think differently.
My friend there is no Imam in the Arab Sunni countries , no patriarchy or Imam regime like the Iranian model . My imam is my own head , and when I finish education , ...
I stand corrected. Are you saying that Jihad could not be called for in Arab Sunni Islam?
Khalid wrote:Alright , I denounce violence against innocent civilians and any violence not based on the right of self-defense and fighting against occupation . ..
I'm recruited in the national army defending our borders and security . let me also assure you something , my country must avoid any troubles for at least a decade , it's a matter of saving generations and future .
A decade is a very short time. What will you do if when doing your national service your Govt decides to join a combined Arab/Muslim force to attack Israel again? Given you say violence should only be for self-defence and against occupation?
User avatar
Khalid
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am
Contact:

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Khalid »

marjoramblues wrote:
Khalid wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:If the people of this religion are asked about the proof for the soundness of their religion, they flare up, get angry and spill the blood of whoever confronts them with this question. They forbid rational speculation, and strive to kill their adversaries. This is why truth became thoroughly silenced and concealed."
Speechless . But let's all start from the beginning , What is irrational about God ? What is your problem with religions generally ?
Why 'speechless' ?
Isn't it a great quote to start a fresh discussion... ?

Do you know anything about the person who wrote it - and the context ?
We don't flare up , and why should someone flares up or gets angry the way he describes when being asked about proof or any details of his religion ?
User avatar
Khalid
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am
Contact:

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Khalid »

Arising_uk wrote:I accept this but the problem is if what you say is correct then their views have no matter upon the subject as there is no authority to restrain those Muslims who think differently.
There are Jews who think they are the chosen people and others are second class humans , there are many historical accusations of children sacrifice and other crimes .
I stand corrected. Are you saying that Jihad could not be called for in Arab Sunni Islam?
When necessary people are not going to wait for Jihad call .
A decade is a very short time. What will you do if when doing your national service your Govt decides to join a combined Arab/Muslim force to attack Israel again? Given you say violence should only be for self-defence and against occupation?
We are the oppressed side and the middle east map is Arab , Jerusalem is Arab and a city of all religions and very precious and holly for us . And it's not that simple anyway , I don't know the future but the coming war with Israel with today's technology and high military power will not be that easy and will not be between one or some combined Arab Islamic countries and Israel only , I think it will be a third world war based on many religious , historical and even ethnical dimensions , and Israel will not enter a war with 10% of risk and will not accept any loss . I don't know but it's very complicated and there is a peace treaty between Egypt and Israel .
to attack Israel again
Again? We never attacked the Israeli lands or country before , actually we attacked the Israeli forces in the Egyptian Sinai desert , Israel occupied Sinai peninsula in 1969 after making a great strike against Egypt and some other Arab countries , Then said this is our territory beside Palestine , Golan heights of Syria and some lands of Lebanon. Then we managed to bring our lands back in 1973 war and sign Camp divide peace treaty in 1977 .
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Kayla »

Khalid wrote:There are Jews who think they are the chosen people and others are second class humans , there are many historical accusations of children sacrifice and other crimes .
the existence of such accusations is beyond doubt

it is also beyond doubt that anyone who thinks these accusations are true is a fucking asshole
marjoramblues
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 am

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by marjoramblues »

Khalid wrote:
marjoramblues wrote:
Khalid wrote:
Speechless . But let's all start from the beginning , What is irrational about God ? What is your problem with religions generally ?
Why 'speechless' ?
Isn't it a great quote to start a fresh discussion... ?

Do you know anything about the person who wrote it - and the context ?
We don't flare up , and why should someone flares up or gets angry the way he describes when being asked about proof or any details of his religion ?

So, not totally 'speechless' then...just choosy.

I agree the quote is somewhat of a generalization - and possibly even mistranslated.

From what I can gather, the quote is one of Razi's - a Muslim born scientist who wrote books about religion; particularly critical of religions that claim to have been revealed by prophetic experiences. According to what I've read so far, he criticized the religious for having no interest in rational analysis of their beliefs - instead their reaction to any criticism tended to be violent.

If religious believers are committed to ancient texts with all their contradictions, and are not allowed to think for themselves for fear of being outcast, or worse - then is it not the case that any challenge to this lifestyle 'choice' will sometimes result in some kind of emotion, sometimes violent ?
Even if anyone were brave enough to issue the challenge in the first place...

I understand that Razi - a great scientist - was not influenced by the core teachings of Islam in his systematic clinical observations; scientific facts, then, translated into action and treatment.
For expounding his views - he would be called blasphemous and open to public condemnation. What is that, if not unthinking and 'violent' ?
User avatar
ForgedinHell
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by ForgedinHell »

Resha Caner wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:Although historians routinely claim there was an historical Jesus, the problem for them is that when they are asked to produce evidence, they don't have any.
So you are trained in historical method?
I know how to think and evaluate evidence. No one has any credible evidence for the existence of a jesus or a muhammad. The greatest stories ever sold.
Post Reply