Jesus?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
MJA
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 am

Jesus?

Post by MJA »

Why didn't Jesus write anything?

=
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Jesus?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.


He may have wrote everything...


...All depends on who you talk to.







Jesus: Re?



.
..nameless..
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Jesus?

Post by ..nameless.. »

MJA wrote:Why didn't Jesus write anything?

=
He did!
Graffiti attributed to Mr Christ is found all over the walls of the Heart, in the outhouses of Contemplation, in the chrono-synclastic infundibulum...
*__-
MJA
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 am

Re: Jesus?

Post by MJA »

...And do you think it was Godly for Jesus to turn water into alcohol or wine.
Did God create AA too?

=
..nameless..
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Jesus?

Post by ..nameless.. »

MJA wrote:...And do you think it was Godly for Jesus to turn water into alcohol or wine.
Did God create AA too?

=
I'm starting to feel like I am wasting my time answering your questions respectfully and honestly while there is no direct response and you seem to be simply 'playing'.
If you want to discuss the literality of the Xtian bible, you'll have to discuss it with someone else. I see it as metaphor with whatever 'meaning' that the reader is capable of perceiving!
I have doubts that Jesus ever actually walked the earth, nevertheless, as per my capabilities, I can read it as metaphor and always gain understanding. The more that I am capable of understanding, the more 'meaning' that I find.
All meaning is in the eye of the beholder.
Please, no more silly obstructive questions. You are not responding to my carefully crafted answers, just forging on with your 'agenda'...
Shall we call it a night for now?
peace
lancek4
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Jesus?

Post by lancek4 »

If I were another individual on this forum, I would say that God was immoral by creating alcohol and AA - if you consider that AAs consider a higher power, whom many call God, to have relieved their alcoholism.

And jesus hung out with a hooker! What godly contradiction !

Yet I would also consider that many recovered AAs say 'thank God I'm an alcoholic'.
And what would you say relieved those alcoholics of their problem? Indeed most AAs would say ' not me; God did'.

Christ is different than Jesus, and the two were conflated. Here is another contradiction: the jews were dissed! Their messiah was nothing like they though Christ should be. But Jesus... Hmmmm
MJA
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 am

Re: Jesus?

Post by MJA »

lancek4 wrote: And what would you say relieved those alcoholics of their problem? Indeed most AAs would say ' not me; God did'.
I would say: abstinence

=
Mike Strand
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Jesus?

Post by Mike Strand »

The original question was "Why didn't Jesus write anything?"

You appear to assume he didn't write anything: He may have, and it's been lost. Or he didn't write anything, as you assume. Or "Jesus" is a fictitious character. Or Jesus is God and had His word written through others, according to believers in the Bible as "the word of God". Or God has already written it in our hearts, or ...., well, you get the idea.
MJA
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 am

Re: Jesus?

Post by MJA »

What did he write?

=
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Jesus?

Post by chaz wyman »

Mike Strand wrote:The original question was "Why didn't Jesus write anything?"

You appear to assume he didn't write anything: He may have, and it's been lost. Or he didn't write anything, as you assume. Or "Jesus" is a fictitious character. Or Jesus is God and had His word written through others, according to believers in the Bible as "the word of God". Or God has already written it in our hearts, or ...., well, you get the idea.

Had he written anything I think someone might have made mention of it.
I though the was an illiterate carpenter like his Dad.
Mike Strand
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Jesus?

Post by Mike Strand »

If you believe the Bible accounts, he read and interpreted scripture in meetings with Jewish priests. Maybe he could at least read, if not write.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Jesus?

Post by chaz wyman »

Mike Strand wrote:If you believe the Bible accounts, he read and interpreted scripture in meetings with Jewish priests. Maybe he could at least read, if not write.
I think the significance of that story was that he could share a discourse with the priests as a youngster, having had no education; proving him to be divinely inspired rather than learned.
What was remarkable was that he ought not to have been able to know all that stuff.

From that time to when he went walkabout there is not much evidence.
User avatar
ForgedinHell
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: Jesus?

Post by ForgedinHell »

He didn't write anything because he never existed as a real person. The original writings about Jesus, from Paul, at least the ones that are authentic, refer to a Jesus acting in a spiritual world, not on earth. There was no historical Jesus.
MJA
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 am

Re: Jesus?

Post by MJA »

ForgedinHell wrote:He didn't write anything because he never existed as a real person. The original writings about Jesus, from Paul, at least the ones that are authentic, refer to a Jesus acting in a spiritual world, not on earth. There was no historical Jesus.
Your response makes sense to me.

Here is another question:

If Jesus is considered the son of God,
Aren't we?
Thanks,

=
User avatar
ForgedinHell
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: Jesus?

Post by ForgedinHell »

MJA wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:He didn't write anything because he never existed as a real person. The original writings about Jesus, from Paul, at least the ones that are authentic, refer to a Jesus acting in a spiritual world, not on earth. There was no historical Jesus.
Your response makes sense to me.

Here is another question:

If Jesus is considered the son of God,
Aren't we?
Thanks,

=
No. A belief in god does not make it true. I actually accept what Maimonides came up with. If a god does exist, it would be beyond our comprehension. I think the true believer and the atheist stand in the same position. It is when people start claiming they know god was this or that or actually spoke its thoughts to us, that's when I see a very childish conception of god, that the evidence definitely shows does not exist.

Why worry about whether god exists? Let's just learn what we can about the world, and leave it at that.
Post Reply