Is it more logical to believe that a 'God' will eventually..

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: Is it more logical to believe that a 'God' will eventual

Post by chaz wyman »

Arising_uk wrote:That they're not 'very aware of the nature of True reality', especially if you mean by your 'sage' this person who thinks the animals are very upset with us.

Odd coincidence. Lace used the phrase "True Reality" today as well.
What do you mean by it?

Sorry I meant LANCE, as it lance4k, or is it lancek4
Last edited by chaz wyman on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote:Eh?
My apologies, I must be having a senior moment, as I thought it was you who, in another post, talked about a girl sage you knew who said the animals were upset with us.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

chaz wyman wrote:Odd coincidence. Lace used the phrase "True Reality" today as well.
What do you mean by it?
Not my phrase, you'll have to ask attofishpi.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Odd coincidence. Lace used the phrase "True Reality" today as well.
What do you mean by it?
True reality...? Coming from the perspective of there being a God and a multiverse...what im implying is that reality is a facade, hiding the nature of 'true reality' and i guess only God or the sages have access to that.

Hypothetical...you are stood on a street corner waiting to cross the road beside another man. The man beside you is suddenly set upon by a thug and stabbed through the heart. The man collapses to the ground and dies. The thug runs off. Now, in this other mans universe, it was you who was stabbed and died.. And, again the thug runs off to be made the victim of Gods wrath... both of the gentleman's lives continue their merry way. Perhaps the Twin Towers are still standing in another universe? Far fetched perhaps. The Universe Next Door by physicist Marcus Chown was an interesting read.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
What do you mean by it?
True reality...? Coming from the perspective of there being a God and a multiverse...what im implying is that reality is a facade, hiding the nature of 'true reality' and i guess only God or the sages have access to that.

Hypothetical...you are stood on a street corner waiting to cross the road beside another man. The man beside you is suddenly set upon by a thug and stabbed through the heart. The man collapses to the ground and dies. The thug runs off. Now, in this other mans universe, it was you who was stabbed and died.. And, again the thug runs off to be made the victim of Gods wrath... both of the gentleman's lives continue their merry way. Perhaps the Twin Towers are still standing in another universe? Far fetched perhaps. The Universe Next Door by physicist Marcus Chown was an interesting read.
What a charming life you lead.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:What a charming life you lead.
Thanks Chaz, sometimes tis.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote:Do you think the word REALITY was brought about by means of natural etymology? If so, isnt it an amazing coincidence that it actually breaks down to REAL IT Y?
Arising_uk wrote:I don't know but would you think it so if you weren't an English speaker? Wirklichkeit, Realidad, Réalité, Realtà, Werkelijkheid, Πραγματικότητα, Реальность, etc
YES...OUI OUI...and i'm not taking the piss...please break down logical anomalies within those languages and i'll continue to confer.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
What do you mean by it?

So what you are clumsily trying to assert is that the idea that there can be a true reality is based on the even more erroneous assumption that there is a God, or presumably a God's eye view.
You never fail to amuse.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
What do you mean by it?

So what you are clumsily trying to assert is that the idea that there can be a true reality is based on the even more erroneous assumption that there is a God, or presumably a God's eye view.
You never fail to amuse.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:So what you are clumsily trying to assert is that the idea that there can be a true reality is based on the even more erroneous assumption that there is a God, or presumably a God's eye view.
You never fail to amuse.
On a percentage scale, around about where do you stand Chaz on the likelihood of there being an existence of God? 0%=definitely no God...to 100% God definitely exists?

Let me define God as an entity that has the ability to reincarnate your soul. An entity that has ultimate control over all the dimensions that pervade your existence.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:So what you are clumsily trying to assert is that the idea that there can be a true reality is based on the even more erroneous assumption that there is a God, or presumably a God's eye view.
You never fail to amuse.
On a percentage scale, around about where do you stand Chaz on the likelihood of there being an existence of God? 0%=definitely no God...to 100% God definitely exists?

Let me define God as an entity that has the ability to reincarnate your soul. An entity that has ultimate control over all the dimensions that pervade your existence.
As reincarnation has never been shown to be possible, and is against the laws of nature, as (presumably you think), was established by your God, then your God is 0%. But this has nothing to do with probability. This is impossibility.

What percentage do you give it?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
You never fail to amuse.

As reincarnation has never been shown to be possible, and is against the laws of nature, as (presumably you think), was established by your God, then your God is 0%. But this has nothing to do with probability. This is impossibility.

What percentage do you give it?
I'll go as low as 98%

How can you be so sure it is against the laws of nature when you can barely (if that) understand the complexity of the matter that surrounds us.

One reason i have for believing so strongly is over an incident that occurred in November 2005. After leaving hospital (after being attacked by a thug with a baseball bat) I messed up with my prescription thinking i could use it at my local chemist. Anyway, i was in a lot of pain - i had pins and wires in my elbow, not nice. Each time i tried to fall asleep i would be jolted awake again.
I said 'who are you? are you God?'
'I am a sage' was replied.
I didn't know what a sage was apart from a herb. I thought about getting my dictionary and looking it up, straight away my right knee was tapped three times accompanied by 'Come on'
So i got up and looked in my dictionary - a sage 'an extremely wise person.'
When i was back in bed i decided to ask a few questions of the sage, one of which i asked was 'So when you die, does God decide where you're reborn, what type of family you deserve based on your life?'
My right knee was promptly tapped again 'right'.
1997 was the start of my learning of this God thing. So by this incident i was already very aware of the capabilities of God. But it was somewhat reassuring now to know that an actual person, a sage, knew of my plight.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:

What percentage do you give it?[/quote]

I'll go as low as 98%

How can you be so sure it is against the laws of nature when you can barely (if that) understand the complexity of the matter that surrounds us.

Because everything we know about nature says it is bollocks. That rather leaves you with the work to do.
You have nothing but your wishes for it to be true.

One reason i have for believing so strongly is over an incident that occurred in November 2005.

Then I suggest you get a life!

After leaving hospital (after being attacked by a thug with a baseball bat) I messed up with my prescription thinking i could use it at my local chemist. Anyway, i was in a lot of pain - i had pins and wires in my elbow, not nice. Each time i tried to fall asleep i would be jolted awake again.
I said 'who are you? are you God?'
'I am a sage' was replied.
I didn't know what a sage was apart from a herb. I thought about getting my dictionary and looking it up, straight away my right knee was tapped three times accompanied by 'Come on'
So i got up and looked in my dictionary - a sage 'an extremely wise person.'

Yeah I got the same thing with LSD.

When i was back in bed i decided to ask a few questions of the sage, one of which i asked was 'So when you die, does God decide where you're reborn, what type of family you deserve based on your life?'
My right knee was promptly tapped again 'right'.
1997 was the start of my learning of this God thing. So by this incident i was already very aware of the capabilities of God. But it was somewhat reassuring now to know that an actual person, a sage, knew of my plight.

Fucking Hell - I'm surprised you have repeated this fantasy online! Hey - at least you are anonymous!

[/quote]
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Every thought you should have gone back to the hospital and had a scan to check for damage?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote:How can you be so sure it is against the laws of nature when you can barely (if that) understand the complexity of the matter that surrounds us.
chaz wyman wrote:Because everything we know about nature says it is bollocks. That rather leaves you with the work to do.
You have nothing but your wishes for it to be true.
What a completely asinine retort.
chaz wyman wrote:Fucking Hell - I'm surprised you have repeated this fantasy online! Hey - at least you are anonymous!
Im one of the few souls upon this planet that ALWAYS has the balls to say what needs to be said.
Last edited by attofishpi on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.