I feel that I've made the right choice.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: I feel that I've made the right choice.

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:55 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:19 am

I would be curious if the architects of the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan "disgust" you. Hopefully, the mutilation of human bodies in war "disgusts" you worse than a child seeing a penis or even having sex with an adult. I don't advocate the latter two examples either but I know of precious few examples of clergymen and women denouncing those invasions as ferociously as they will denounce "unholy" sexual pleasure. Heck, you can film a movie composed of nothing but scenes of human mutilation and land an R rating. Put a penis or vagina in it and they'll rebrand it as a more restrictive X. The world is a fucked up place and religious institutions are no less the standard bearers of it than despotic governments. Hypocrisy.
Words fail me.
I'm not a female, perhaps you can say a few enlightening words here? Is there something about sex that damages women? A young male in high school wouldn't stop bragging if he got seduced and "nailed" by his attractive female math teacher or something. If an underage female sees a penis, will it traumatize her or worse?

By high school, I had seen Playboy magazines. They looked pretty good to me, much better than a bag of jolly ranchers from a candy store. We all got into this world somehow. At least it generally doesn't involve blood and gore if it's consensual. Rape is an entirely different matter, certainly, but if it's just exposing oneself, then it certainly doesn't seem worse than armed robbery or something. You do know that in the US there is a "sex offender" registry that is free and open to the public to easily learn if any of one's neighbors have committed unlawful sexual activities? If not, now you do. No such registry exists for armed robbers or even drug dealers that I know of. You'd have to dig a bit more to find those offenses from your neighbors.

I've never laid unwanted hands on a female or made sexual advances toward a minor in my life. I'm golden in that department. Most people on this forum including you have probably committed more "adultery" than I have. I've had sex once in my life with a 30-year-old woman who basically jumped on my lap and got the proverbial "balls rolling." If you tell me how it damages an underage girl to see a penis or even have consensual sex with an overage male, then I'll be very happy to recant my previous words.
That overwhelming need you feel to just write something contrarian without thinking what it is or what it means is not your friend Gary.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Words fail me.
I'm not a female, perhaps you can say a few enlightening words here? Is there something about sex that damages women? A young male in high school wouldn't stop bragging if he got seduced and "nailed" by his attractive female math teacher or something. If an underage female sees a penis, will it traumatize her or worse?

By high school, I had seen Playboy magazines. They looked pretty good to me, much better than a bag of jolly ranchers from a candy store. We all got into this world somehow. At least it generally doesn't involve blood and gore if it's consensual. Rape is an entirely different matter, certainly, but if it's just exposing oneself, then it certainly doesn't seem worse than armed robbery or something. You do know that in the US there is a "sex offender" registry that is free and open to the public to easily learn if any of one's neighbors have committed unlawful sexual activities. No such registry exists for armed robbers or even drug dealers that I know of. You'd have to dig a bit more to find those offenses from your neighbors.

I've never laid unwanted hands on a female or made sexual advances toward a minor in my life. I'm golden in that department. Most people on this forum including you have probably committed more "adultery" than I have. I've had sex once in my life with a 30-year-old woman who basically jumped on my lap and got the proverbial "balls rolling." If you tell me how it damages an underage girl to see a penis or even have consensual sex with an overage male, then I'll be very happy to recant my previous words.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:12 am

Words fail me.

By high school, I had seen Playboy magazines. They looked pretty good to me, much better than a bag of jolly ranchers from a candy store. We all got into this world somehow. At least it generally doesn't involve blood and gore if it's consensual. Rape is an entirely different matter, certainly, but if it's just exposing oneself, then it certainly doesn't seem worse than armed robbery or something. You do know that in the US there is a "sex offender" registry that is free and open to the public to easily learn if any of one's neighbors have committed unlawful sexual activities? If not, now you do. No such registry exists for armed robbers or even drug dealers that I know of. You'd have to dig a bit more to find those offenses from your neighbors.

That overwhelming need you feel to just write something contrarian without thinking what it is or what it means is not your friend Gary.
You're probably right. There are always people who will get hysterical at the drop of a hat. I'm still waiting on an answer to my inquiry. Feel free to jump in if you can handle a little controversy without shitting your diapers.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Maybe instead of "penis" I'll put in "Mr. winkey" if that would make you less outraged, Flash. Though, I'm sure there will be some other lack of etiquette that would offend you, or perhaps cause you to ruffle your tie and business suit. What good would you be to your boss if you didn't obediently follow the prevailing social trends? Independent thought and inquiry seems to be your nemisis.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:21 am Maybe instead of "penis" I'll put in "Mr. winkey" if that would make you less outraged, Flash. Though, I'm sure there will be some other lack of etiquette that would offend you, or perhaps cause you to ruffle your tie and business suit. What good would you be to your boss if you didn't obediently follow the prevailing social trends? Independent thought and inquiry seems to be your nemisis.
You did say child. Unlike most people these days, the word 'child' has a very particular meaning to me. This is a good example of how language is being fucked up, where 17 year olds are being referred to as 'children' ffs, and the men who have sex with them as 'paedophiles'. It's not trivial. It's a very dangerous state of affairs-- ESPECIALLY for children.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:36 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:21 am Maybe instead of "penis" I'll put in "Mr. winkey" if that would make you less outraged, Flash. Though, I'm sure there will be some other lack of etiquette that would offend you, or perhaps cause you to ruffle your tie and business suit. What good would you be to your boss if you didn't obediently follow the prevailing social trends? Independent thought and inquiry seems to be your nemisis.
You did say child. Unlike most people these days, the word 'child' has a very particular meaning to me. This is a good example of how language is being fucked up, where 17 year olds are being referred to as 'children' ffs, and the men who have sex with them as 'paedophiles'. It's not trivial. It's a very dangerous state of affairs-- ESPECIALLY for children.
Fair point. My bad. My sloppiness. I stand corrected. How about we say someone the age of puberty, then? Say a male adult has consensual sex with or exposes his genitals to a 13-year-old female. I don't advocate for it. I don't recommend it but it can happen. It wasn't unheard of over a hundred years ago. How much damage has been done? Should we be more upset over that than invading countries? Should it be punished and systematically prevented even more so than armed robbery or distributing harmful drugs like crack or something? I'm not saying it shouldn't be disapproved of. I'm not saying it shouldn't be discouraged. I just question if all those who are "disgusted" with something like that are equally disgusted by war and violence. I know you are. There's no question there. But RvE seems adamantly "disgusted". Just curious about what else "disgusts" him or her.
FlashDangerpants

Now that's just more of the bitter, cantankerous self-pity that you constantly radiate and which does you no good.

Just stop and think for a minute whether you really want to be arguing that sexually molesting those below the age of consent is ok. Once you've thought that through, you should probably have a second think about how you did that to yourself.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:03 am
Now that's just more of the bitter, cantankerous self-pity that you constantly radiate and which does you no good.

Just stop and think for a minute whether you really want to be arguing that sexually molesting those below the age of consent is ok. Once you've thought that through, you should probably have a second think about how you did that to yourself.
who said "sexually molest"? I said "consensual." If pregnancy is a problem, then at least require a condom if it involves contact. Never said it was OK. I clearly stated that I'm more "disgusted" by war and violent crime than by sex crimes. Doesn't mean I advocate or endorse it. If you had a brain, you'd be less of a problem in this world.
vegetariantaxidermy

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:03 am

In some US states the age of consent is 18. Are you seriously suggesting that having consensual sex with a 17 year is the same as someone raping a 5 year old?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:24 am who said "sexually molest"? I said "consensual."
Why do you think it's called an Age of Consent Gary?

This is stupid, why are you doing this?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:35 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:24 am who said "sexually molest"? I said "consensual."

It's called "age of consent" because parents don't want their kids to make their own choices regarding their sexuality at that age. Nothing more, nothing less. And since undergoing insane hormone and body chemistry alterations that could wildly affect a kids natural development don't seem to be a problem for contemporary geniuses, then I see little reason why a kid who has undergone puberty shouldn't be allowed to experiment some with his or her sexuality as long as it's not forced on them or literally shoved down their throats so to speak. Let the kid do what he or she wants if the adult consents to it and leave it at that. If the parents object to it, then honor the parents' wishes and don't do it.
vegetariantaxidermy

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:35 am

''While the unrestricted age of consent is between 16 and 18 in all U.S. states, the laws have widely varied across the country in the past. In 1880, the ages of consent were set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7.''

Good grief, which is why common sense needs to prevail.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Well, I've been thinking about it more, the idea of embracing oblivion and telling God to F-off. The more I think about things, the more I think of unspeakable horrors that a God could unleash on humanity in anger. I guess it's best not to piss off God. I'm just going to shut up from here on out. Me saying anything is just pointless and vane. Nothing to do now but twiddle my thumbs. Such is life. Whether or not I've made the right choice in embracing agnosticism as opposed to faith, will never be either proven or disproven until the end comes or doesn't. Wanting a world without a benevolent God is unthinkable for a frail mortal. Whether the world will oblige us with our wishes, I guess we'll see. :|
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"one must imagine Garyphus happy" - Camus
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:27 pm "one must imagine Garyphus happy" - Camus
:)