I feel that I've made the right choice.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

iambiguous

Re: I feel that I've made the right choice.

Post by iambiguous »

Next up: children exposed to penises in nudist camps: https://www.google.com/search?q=childre ... -serp#ip=1
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Let's face it, in regard to either religion or sex, each of us as individuals might come to the conclusion that "I feel I've made the right choice" in very, very different ways. I root this existentially -- historically, culturally, experientially -- in dasein, you in whatever seems more reasonable instead.

But the sex part can prompt particularly contentious reactions. Especially in regard to children.

But here there are children who have not experienced puberty and those who have. And, for those who have, some are considerably more precocious than others.

As I once posted over at ILP:
Sure, there are behaviors that are generally not considered to be normal in the preponderance of human communities today. But they do occur with a frequency that might lead any reasonable man or woman to conclude that at least in part these behaviors are rooted in nature.

The human species is, after all, a part of nature itself. Therefore, what we choose to do is necessarily a part of nature.

For example, nature intended human beings to be come sexually active at puberty:

"The average age for girls to start puberty is 11, while for boys the average age is 12. But it's perfectly normal for puberty to begin at any point between the ages of 8 and 13 in girls and 9 and 14 in boys." NHS/England

And a long time ago that made perfect sense. Why? Because life spans back then were no where near the neighborhood of 70 to 80 years. Reproduction at that age just made more sense.

But now in most modern industrial nations sex at that age is often considered to be criminal behavior.

So, nature didn't change, right? No, what changed were the cultural [social, political, economic] attitudes towards sex in an entirely new existential dynamic.
...if someone argues that an adult having a sexual relationship with a precocious 14 year old does not make him or her the scum of the earth, well, is that necessarily irrational? Or reflective of the "inferior judgment"?

And yet when you think about it, has not nature itself programed human beings biologically to "click on" sexually at puberty?

Isn't it therefore a fact that the modern industrial world practices the unnatural agenda of prolonging "youth" well beyond puberty?
And even if you do believe in God, God created nature, right?
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I remember once I was walking home alone, (a teenage girl), it was late, but summer time, so not so scary. I was crossing an intersection and a man was walking towards me with his penis out touching himself and laughing at me when he saw the reaction he was receiving when he had caught me off guard. This behavior is a sort of delusional entitlement for the person to do whatever he wants and create some level of embarrassment for the person that he is doing it in front of. The very act is thrilling for him, but it is also a combination of the reaction he gets from the person (usually a child or woman) that he is exposing himself to, when they are not expecting it.

I could see this man was enjoying the control factor to it, probably because it created a powerful feeling, simply because he knew he was victimizing me, even though he was not touching me.

If you read 'that person's posts' it is obvious he is powerless in his domestic situation, (in his life in general) a dominant mother, under a dominant mother's roof.

The power dynamic of the exhibitionist's exposure and their desire for control is also often a significant reason behind their actions.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:36 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:21 am Maybe instead of "penis" I'll put in "Mr. winkey" if that would make you less outraged, Flash. Though, I'm sure there will be some other lack of etiquette that would offend you, or perhaps cause you to ruffle your tie and business suit. What good would you be to your boss if you didn't obediently follow the prevailing social trends? Independent thought and inquiry seems to be your nemisis.
You did say child. Unlike most people these days, the word 'child' has a very particular meaning to me. This is a good example of how language is being fucked up, where 17 year olds are being referred to as 'children' ffs, and the men who have sex with them as 'paedophiles'. It's not trivial. It's a very dangerous state of affairs-- ESPECIALLY for children.
Here we have the PERFECT example of WHY adult human beings were FIGHTING and BICKERING with "each other" for countless centuries hitherto when this was being written.

They would FIGHT, BICKER, and 'ARGUE' with "each other" OVER the EXACT SAME 'word' while NEVER RECOGNIZING that they "EACH" HAD and were USING completely DIFFERENT 'meanings' or 'definitions' for that EXACT SAME 'word'.

This one here even TELLS us that they USE a VERY PARTICULAR MEANING for the 'child' word BUT NEVER ACTUALLY INFORMS us of what 'their' OWN PARTICULAR 'definition' or 'meaning' IS, EXACTLY.

All we KNOW, however, from that one's perspective is EVERY one "ELSE" who HAS or USES a DIFFERENT 'meaning' or 'definition' FROM the 'one' that they HAVE and USE, then it is ALWAYS the "OTHER" who is so-called 'fucking up' 'language', itself.

These people, back then, RARELY, if EVER, LOOKED AT "their" OWN 'selves' and AT the Wrong that 'they' ACTUALLY DID, and INSTEAD nearly ALWAYS LOOKED AT the "other" and AT the Wrong that 'they' would DO.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:47 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:36 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:21 am Maybe instead of "penis" I'll put in "Mr. winkey" if that would make you less outraged, Flash. Though, I'm sure there will be some other lack of etiquette that would offend you, or perhaps cause you to ruffle your tie and business suit. What good would you be to your boss if you didn't obediently follow the prevailing social trends? Independent thought and inquiry seems to be your nemisis.
You did say child. Unlike most people these days, the word 'child' has a very particular meaning to me. This is a good example of how language is being fucked up, where 17 year olds are being referred to as 'children' ffs, and the men who have sex with them as 'paedophiles'. It's not trivial. It's a very dangerous state of affairs-- ESPECIALLY for children.
Fair point. My bad. My sloppiness. I stand corrected.
WHY do 'you' have to 'stand corrected' for what 'you' just FOLLOWED in the society, which 'you' have found "yourself" LIVING IN? If that society STATES and CLAIMS a 'child' is ANY one under a certain age, then that is what 'it' IS.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:47 am How about we say someone the age of puberty, then?
That would be GREAT if EVERY one, or at least SOME one, KNOWS what 'that age' IS, EXACTLY, from 'your' perspective.

But considering absolutely NO one DOES, besides 'you' OF COURSE, then WITHOUT CLARITY 'we' are NONE the WISER.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:47 am Say a male adult has consensual sex with or exposes his genitals to a 13-year-old female.
BUT 'we' do NOT YET even KNOW what "vegetariantaxidermy's" VERY PARTICULAR 'meaning' of 'child', to 'them', IS EXACTLY. And, WITHOUT CLARITY 'we' will NEVER KNOW.

BUT, like ALL of 'you', adult human beings, back in the days when this was being written, "vegetariantaxidermy" WILL just EXPECT "others" TO KNOW what 'they mean' WHEN 'they' USE 'words'.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True here, in this forum, and here, throughout human history.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:47 am I don't advocate for it. I don't recommend it but it can happen. It wasn't unheard of over a hundred years ago. How much damage has been done? Should we be more upset over that than invading countries? Should it be punished and systematically prevented even more so than armed robbery or distributing harmful drugs like crack or something? I'm not saying it shouldn't be disapproved of. I'm not saying it shouldn't be discouraged. I just question if all those who are "disgusted" with something like that are equally disgusted by war and violence. I know you are. There's no question there. But RvE seems adamantly "disgusted". Just curious about what else "disgusts" him or her.
Absolutely EVERY one of 'you', human beings, are INDIVIDUALLY 'disgusted', and 'disgusted more or less so', OVER DIFFERENT 'things'.

This goes WITHOUT questioning.

AND, the reason WHY 'this is so' IS BECAUSE 'you', "EACH", INDIVIDUALLY, have HAD VERY DIFFERENT past experiences.

This is just A Fact, which can NOT be REFUTED.

Post by Age »

Now that's just more of the bitter, cantankerous self-pity that you constantly radiate and which does you no good.

Just stop and think for a minute whether you really want to be arguing that sexually molesting those below the age of consent is ok. [/quote]

Here we have ANOTHER PRIME example of ASSUMING some 'thing', and JUMPING TO A CONCLUSION, BEFORE ACTUAL 'CLARITY' is SOUGHT, and OBTAINED.

I think you will FIND, IRREFUTABLY, that "gary childress" was NEVER 'arguing' for such a 'thing', and had NEVER intended to 'argue' for such a 'thing'. But, PLEASE CORRECT me IF I am Wrong here "gary childress".
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:03 am Once you've thought that through, you should probably have a second think about how you did that to yourself.
I would suggest LOOKING AT the last two QUESTIONS here posed by "gary childress", and asked to 'you', "flashdangerpants", and just STOP and CONSIDER 'them', BEFORE 'you' START making ANY more ASSUMPTIONS and/or JUMPING to ANY more CONCLUSIONS.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:46 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:03 am
Now that's just more of the bitter, cantankerous self-pity that you constantly radiate and which does you no good.

Just stop and think for a minute whether you really want to be arguing that sexually molesting those below the age of consent is ok. Once you've thought that through, you should probably have a second think about how you did that to yourself.
In some US states the age of consent is 18. Are you seriously suggesting that having consensual sex with a 17 year is the same as someone raping a 5 year old?
Here is a PRIME example of BRINGING IN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that was NEVER MENTIONED, let alone EVEN A SUGGESTION. Well I HOPE NOT anyway. But, "gary childress", could ENLIGHTEN us to IF this is what "gary childress" had been THINKING ABOUT and MEANING, or NOT.

The way these adult human beings, back then, would JUMP to the ABSURD and RIDICULOUS to 'TRY TO' 'argue' FOR 'their' OWN, INDIVIDUAL and VERY PARTICULAR, perspective or point of view was VERY ALARMING, to say the least.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:35 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:24 am who said "sexually molest"? I said "consensual."
Why do you think it's called an Age of Consent Gary?

This is stupid, why are you doing this?
GOOD POINT. But here we have ANOTHER GREAT example of WHY these human beings, back then, had absolutely NO, conscious, IDEA NOR CLUE of what was ACTUALLY Right, and GOOD, in Life.

Also, the POINT that you are MAKING and SAYING here is 'ARGUING' AGAINST and PROVING "vegetariantaxidermy's" POINT Wrong or ILLEGITIMATE.

So, I will suggest, ONCE MORE, 'you' ALL START GAINING and OBTAINING ACTUAL CLARITY, FIRST, BEFORE 'you' ALL START 'TRYING TO' 'argue' FOR 'your' VERY OWN PARTICULAR points of views.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:21 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:35 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:24 am who said "sexually molest"? I said "consensual."
Why do you think it's called an Age of Consent Gary?

This is stupid, why are you doing this?
''While the unrestricted age of consent is between 16 and 18 in all U.S. states, the laws have widely varied across the country in the past. In 1880, the ages of consent were set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7.''

Good grief, which is why common sense needs to prevail.
SO, TELL us ALL "vegetariantaxidermy", what IS the COMMONSENSE 'thing' that 'we' ALL SHOULD DO here.

Let 'us' SEE just HOW Right, or CLOSE, 'you' GET to what 'we' ALL AGREE WITH and ACCEPT is Right, and GOOD, in 'this world'.

For what IS 'commonsense', EXACTLY, if 'we' ALL do NOT AGREE WITH 'it' AND ACCEPT 'it'?

Also, WHY ONLY talk about the human made up 'laws' of just that one tiny little country when there ARE hundreds of OTHER countries to LOOK AT and DISCUSS here?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:55 pm Well, I've been thinking about it more, the idea of embracing oblivion and telling God to F-off. The more I think about things, the more I think of unspeakable horrors that a God could unleash on humanity in anger. I guess it's best not to piss off God. I'm just going to shut up from here on out. Me saying anything is just pointless and vane. Nothing to do now but twiddle my thumbs. Such is life. Whether or not I've made the right choice in embracing agnosticism as opposed to faith, will never be either proven or disproven until the end comes or doesn't. Wanting a world without a benevolent God is unthinkable for a frail mortal. Whether the world will oblige us with our wishes, I guess we'll see. :|
What 'it' was EXACTLY, which 'you' WERE GETTING TO, "gary childress", through 'your' OPEN and Honest QUESTIONING, would have LED 'humanity' to MORE GOOD and TO FURTHER PROSPER. However, as could be CLEARLY SEEN adult human beings, back in 'your' day, was NOT YET READY to be Truly OPEN and Honest.

But what I will say now is 'time' is of NO REAL IMPORTANCE while 'we' just WAIT, PATIENTLY. It ALL comes out for the BEST, if 'you' or ANY one is Truly interested.

Post by Age »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:12 pm Let's face it, in regard to either religion or sex, each of us as individuals might come to the conclusion that "I feel I've made the right choice" in very, very different ways. I root this existentially -- historically, culturally, experientially -- in dasein, you in whatever seems more reasonable instead.
Here we have a GREAT example of just how these adult human beings, back in those days, had come to BELIEVE that it was only in the FOLLOWING of 'one way', prescribed by ANOTHER human being/s, that was 'THE way', to go in Life.

'they' had YET to come to SEE and REALIZE that there was Truth and Falsehoods in ALL of those human made up 'ways'. For when one BELIEVED that 'one way' was the BETTER, or the BEST, 'way', then they were NOT OPEN, and so could NOT SEE, the Wrongness in 'that way' NOR the Right or GOOD in the 'other ways'. 'they' could, literally, ONLY SEE and HEAR the EVERY 'thing was Right and GOOD in 'their way' and Wrong and BAD in the 'other ways'.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:12 pm But the sex part can prompt particularly contentious reactions. Especially in regard to children.

But here there are children who have not experienced puberty and those who have. And, for those who have, some are considerably more precocious than others.

Sure, there are behaviors that are generally not considered to be normal in the preponderance of human communities today. But they do occur with a frequency that might lead any reasonable man or woman to conclude that at least in part these behaviors are rooted in nature.

The human species is, after all, a part of nature itself. Therefore, what we choose to do is necessarily a part of nature.

For example, nature intended human beings to be come sexually active at puberty:

"The average age for girls to start puberty is 11, while for boys the average age is 12. But it's perfectly normal for puberty to begin at any point between the ages of 8 and 13 in girls and 9 and 14 in boys." NHS/England

And a long time ago that made perfect sense. Why? Because life spans back then were no where near the neighborhood of 70 to 80 years. Reproduction at that age just made more sense.

But now in most modern industrial nations sex at that age is often considered to be criminal behavior.

So, nature didn't change, right? No, what changed were the cultural [social, political, economic] attitudes towards sex in an entirely new existential dynamic.
...if someone argues that an adult having a sexual relationship with a precocious 14 year old does not make him or her the scum of the earth, well, is that necessarily irrational? Or reflective of the "inferior judgment"?

And yet when you think about it, has not nature itself programed human beings biologically to "click on" sexually at puberty?

Isn't it therefore a fact that the modern industrial world practices the unnatural agenda of prolonging "youth" well beyond puberty?

Post by Age »

reasonvemotion wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:13 am I remember once I was walking home alone, (a teenage girl), it was late, but summer time, so not so scary. I was crossing an intersection and a man was walking towards me with his penis out touching himself and laughing at me when he saw the reaction he was receiving when he had caught me off guard. This behavior is a sort of delusional entitlement for the person to do whatever he wants and create some level of embarrassment for the person that he is doing it in front of. The very act is thrilling for him, but it is also a combination of the reaction he gets from the person (usually a child or woman) that he is exposing himself to, when they are not expecting it.

I could see this man was enjoying the control factor to it, probably because it created a powerful feeling, simply because he knew he was victimizing me, even though he was not touching me.

If you read 'that person's posts' it is obvious he is powerless in his domestic situation, (in his life in general) a dominant mother, under a dominant mother's roof.

The power dynamic of the exhibitionist's exposure and their desire for control is also often a significant reason behind their actions.
So, what 'disgusts' 'you' MORE here "reasonvemotion"? That a "mother", and 'things', created a "man" that did what 'they' did here, or, just 'the man' that did what 'they' did?

Also, what can be CLEARLY SEEN here is the POWER of, INDIVIDUAL, 'past experiences', which have an OVERALL effect on 'one's' OWN, INDIVIDUAL, VIEWS and PERSPECTIVES.

Now, if ANY one would like to DISCUSS what IS ACTUALLY IRREFUTABLY True, Right, GOOD, and BAD, in Life here, then PLEASE let us PROCEED.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:45 am
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:12 pm Let's face it, in regard to either religion or sex, each of us as individuals might come to the conclusion that "I feel I've made the right choice" in very, very different ways. I root this existentially -- historically, culturally, experientially -- in dasein, you in whatever seems more reasonable instead.
Here we have a GREAT example of just how these adult human beings, back in those days, had come to BELIEVE that it was only in the FOLLOWING of 'one way', prescribed by ANOTHER human being/s, that was 'THE way', to go in Life.

'they' had YET to come to SEE and REALIZE that there was Truth and Falsehoods in ALL of those human made up 'ways'. For when one BELIEVED that 'one way' was the BETTER, or the BEST, 'way', then they were NOT OPEN, and so could NOT SEE, the Wrongness in 'that way' NOR the Right or GOOD in the 'other ways'. 'they' could, literally, ONLY SEE and HEAR the EVERY 'thing was Right and GOOD in 'their way' and Wrong and BAD in the 'other ways'.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:12 pm But the sex part can prompt particularly contentious reactions. Especially in regard to children.

:lol:

No, seriously.

Post by Age »

iambiguous wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:53 am

No, seriously.
YES SERIOUSLY, 'you' REALLY ARE SO STUPID that 'you' REALLY DO FOLLOW just 'one way' ALONE, and LOL, BELIEVE 'it' to be the 'ONLY WAY'. The STUPIDITY and ABSURDNESS of speaks for itself, LOUD and CLEAR.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:49 am
iambiguous wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:53 am

No, seriously.
YES SERIOUSLY, 'you' REALLY ARE SO STUPID that 'you' REALLY DO FOLLOW just 'one way' ALONE, and LOL, BELIEVE 'it' to be the 'ONLY WAY'. The STUPIDITY and ABSURDNESS of speaks for itself, LOUD and CLEAR.

No, really, really seriously.