I want to talk to God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: I want to talk to God

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:15 am There's no point Walker. Atheists want evidence prior to be given gnosis of God. They refuse to believe in the life of Christ but want answers from Him...(idiots).
God ... the nameless thing of a thousand names. Great spirit. The name that shall not be spoken. The Supreme Ordering Principle of the Universe. Lots of names.

It appears that the name Christian God is subjective, open for interpretation depending on one's self-concept. For example, Brandon interprets Catholicism one way, other folks other ways.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:41 pm
Discovering that all the paddles were missing would also be a reply, like the answer the Indian Brave received but did not hear, so they named a lake after him. Do you know the tale and if not, would you like to hear the backstory?
By all means, tell the story, and thank you for not calling the Indian Brave a Native American.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:02 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:41 pm
Discovering that all the paddles were missing would also be a reply, like the answer the Indian Brave received but did not hear, so they named a lake after him. Do you know the tale and if not, would you like to hear the backstory?
By all means, tell the story, and thank you for not calling the Indian Brave a Native American.
By Native American you must mean aboriginal American.

The backstory.
viewtopic.php?p=363122#p363122
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:09 pm
By Native American you must mean aboriginal American.
No, I mean red Injun.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal, we tolerate the noise and await the evolution of the backstory in your response to the Brave swimming in the lake, that will take it higher, i.e., closer to God.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:25 pm Harbal, we tolerate the noise and await the evolution of the backstory in your response to the Brave swimming in the lake,
I don't really have a response other than to say it was a shame the Indian Brave (aboriginal red skin) had to drown in pursuit of his heart's desire. :cry:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:55 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:25 pm Harbal, we tolerate the noise and await the evolution of the backstory in your response to the Brave swimming in the lake,
I don't really have a response other than to say it was a shame the Indian Brave (aboriginal red skin) had to drown in pursuit of his heart's desire. :cry:
Not being privy to the whole story or any side discussions perhaps regarding it, am I guessing accurately as to say that the story of the paddleless canoe is something along the lines of an 'American Indian' (for lack of the most appropriate/correct designation) being stranded in a canoe without a paddle to get to his destination (something his heart desired) and therefore gets out of the canoe to swim to it, only to drown? If so, I have to say the story sounds very interesting to me. I'll be interested in hearing the final moral of the story and what the 'American Indian' should or shouldn't have done.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:24 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:55 pm
Not being privy to the whole story or any side discussions perhaps regarding it, am I guessing accurately as to say that the story of the paddleless canoe is something along the lines of an 'American Indian' (for lack of the most appropriate/correct designation) being stranded in a canoe without a paddle to get to his destination (something his heart desired) and therefore gets out of the canoe to swim to it, only to drown? If so, I have to say the story sounds very interesting to me. I'll be interested in hearing the final moral of the story and what the 'American Indian' should or shouldn't have done.
But you have been privied. Here's the whole story, again. It does not mention being stranded in a canoe. It does not mention egressing a canoe. It says that the Brave and the maiden lived at opposite ends of the lake, and we can assume they lived on dry land.

viewtopic.php?p=363122#p363122

Obviously, the Brave lad was obsessed. His obsession was his destination and the irrationality of his obsession carried him away to the happy hunting grounds, irrationality being a personal characteristic of his which probably would have made him a lousy chief. He should have listened and paid attention to the signs, such as the sign of the Great Spirit making his father lock up the paddles.

He locked them up by putting them under guard, since their only locks were knots and The Brave wasn't so simple that he couldn't untie a knot, however in his irrational and impatient state of mind that suggested to him that he could swim across the big lake, he might not have been able to untie a new, complex knot and get to the paddles. Although the chief considered this, for he knew his son better than anyone, he took the extra precaution of posting guards around the paddles. Not only was he a rational chief who knew the importance of a tribal alliance through marriage, he was also a fierce chief, old testament fierce, so the guards knew not to sleep at their posts.

Why was The Brave so obsessed? Well, we can speculate. He was likely bedazzled by the maiden who had recently realized the full exent of her power. She had seen her effect upon a man of position in the world. She may have been a natural born entertainer, like an actress.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lizz talks to God.
God gazes back at Lizz with many eyes and ears.

Lizz Wright "Walk With Me, Lord" Live at Java Jazz Festival 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2NE0IjWzo
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:15 am Atheists want evidence prior to be given gnosis of God.
Horrors! Of course, this doesn't take into account all the atheists who were once Christians. Could it be possible that your idea of truth and reality is not the only one?
attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:15 amThey refuse to believe in the life of Christ but want answers from Him...
They do? Fascinating how much stuff you blatantly make up to support other stuff you blatantly make up.

It's simple: For other people there's more than what you believe. Why begrudge them that?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:43 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:15 am Atheists want evidence prior to be given gnosis of God.
Horrors! Of course, this doesn't take into account all the atheists who were once Christians. Could it be possible that your idea of truth and reality is not the only one?
attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:15 amThey refuse to believe in the life of Christ but want answers from Him...
They do? Fascinating how much stuff you blatantly make up to support other stuff you blatantly make up.
Yeah they do, have a look at the thread tittle. :roll:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:04 am
See, Lace. You're forgetting Christ = God to Christians. The rest of us are just a pack of heathens or blasphemers.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:27 am

See, Lace. You're forgetting Christ = God to Christians. The rest of us are just a pack of heathens or blasphemers.
Oh. What God are you wanting to communicate with? I don't consider others to be heathens and I likely I blaspheme a lot more than you.

Sorry, I just thought that since I have been spoken to by God, and me being a Christian I'd let you know at least from my POV that what is stated in the bible re knowing God via Christ turned out to be true for me. Clearly I am wasting my time with you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:36 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:27 am

Oh. What God are you wanting to communicate with? I don't consider others to be heathens and I likely I blaspheme a lot more than you.

Sorry, I just thought that since I have been spoken to by God, and me being a Christian I'd let you know at least from my POV that what is stated in the bible re knowing God via Christ turned out to be true for me. Clearly I am wasting my time with you.
I suppose I should thank you for sharing your experience. It's a little difficult for me to do so right now with things going on in my life. But if Christianity is your thing, then that's probably good. Maybe better than I can do, I don't know.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:04 am Atheists want evidence prior to be given gnosis of God. They refuse to believe in the life of Christ but want answers from Him...
So, you're talking about one person? Sounded like another one of your blanket statements.