I want to talk to God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

I want to talk to God

Post by Gary Childress »

I'd like to have a conversation with God. Can someone please point me to where or how I can summon him?
Agent Smith

Re: I want to talk to God

Post by Agent Smith »

Just address him and say what you wanna say. That'd be the easiest & simplest way to talk to God, oui?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:18 am I'd like to have a conversation with God. Can someone please point me to where or how I can summon him?
The Universe is always listening.

It generously gives you more of what you focus on. That won't bring you the results you hope for if you tend to focus on crap. The trick (I've found) is that you have to demonstrate your commitment and intention for what you want even as the sky is falling. The Universe amplifies your focus, for better or worse. You can't fake it.

Screaming into the wind only brings more to scream about. With a clear and grateful heart, I ask the Universe for help and it comes! But I must do the work too! Nobody is going to save me.

READ and explore!!! There are lots of RESOURCES. Many good authors have written about their paths of struggle.

Maybe check out the book Unfuck Yourself by Gary John Bishop.

Seek out what speaks to you, comforts you, inspires you, and empowers you.

Here are some quotes by another author, Paul Coelho: https://www.azquotes.com/author/3041-Paulo_Coelho
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:18 am I'd like to have a conversation with God. Can someone please point me to where or how I can summon him?
Why not just say what you wanna say with the full emotion behind what you feel about what you are saying? I mean, really let it fly. If nothing else you are accepting you reactions to the way things are or your desires about what is missing or you want removed. Aim for just really accepting your own feelings there.

I am not saying you will find a direct response, who knows?

But regardless, even in a 'well, I'm gonna talk/scream/cry as if there's a deity to listen' frame of mind you are saying what you feel and accepting that. Unlike Lacewing I would suggest you just come from where you are. Sure, if you're feeling gratitude, include that. But if you reactions and feelings include other things, including the so-called negative emotions, well express that. If we can't accept ourselves how the heck we gonna accept anyone else, let alone a deity?

It's an honest conversation and if anyone can take it, a deity can.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

You cannot point to God, no more than you can point to Consciousness.

If you are not sure as to the exact location of God, you can always make-out that you do know, just like everyone else does.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:05 am
Unlike Lacewing I would suggest you just come from where you are. Sure, if you're feeling gratitude, include that. But if you reactions and feelings include other things, including the so-called negative emotions, well express that.
I agree. I should have explained my 'gratitude' comment... sorry, I was in a hurry. When I ask for things, I feel gratitude for being heard and for the answer I will receive, and as if the solution has already happened. It works really well. Feelings are very powerful in creation (for good and bad).

Of course, if a person just needs to vent and scream and cry... that's what one needs to do. It's natural for being human in this world. But when one feels they've done enough of that and they're ready to be open to change and seeing in a different way, and that becomes their focus, then change can happen.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Yes.

But you're going to have to be sincere. He doesn't do "parlor tricks for cynics."

He's not "summonable," either. It's He who controls the agenda and timing of things...no human agency. You need to be willing to take time, and learn to listen. And you need to persist.

But you can, if you want, open a conversation with Him. It's through a thing you'll have heard of before, called "prayer." But I don't mean rote prayers from a misguided ritual childhood, or something like that...I mean an honest conversation, composed of both saying what is true and being willing to listen.

Set aside five minutes at the start of your day. And for the sake of the exercise, suppose maybe He's there and listening. That's what's called "faith," and without it, you get nothing. You have to be prepared to give God the benefit of the doubt...if only a mustard-seed sized benefit. It will be enough.

Talk. Tell the truth. Spill it all out, and say exactly where you've been, and where you are now. Ask for help. Don't lie about where you're at, or make it "nice" or fudge the details...He knows it all anyway. What matters is your attitude to Him. That's what He cares about.

So talk. Then listen. And don't do it just once; turn it into a daily thing, and go for a month or two. And see what it does to you, and to your life.

That's my most helpful advice for you. I could say more, but without this basic, honest conversation with God, the rest doesn't matter. So you'll have to decide whether you want it badly enough to do it, or not. You just won't get there until you're willing to do what it takes.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Agent Smith wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:12 am Just address him and say what you wanna say. That'd be the easiest & simplest way to talk to God, oui?
Not bad advice. It's a little devoid of practical details, but not generally wrong.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:43 pm
Agent Smith wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:12 am Just address him and say what you wanna say. That'd be the easiest & simplest way to talk to God, oui?
Not bad advice. It's a little devoid of practical details, but not generally wrong.
Did you read my latest post?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Me post deleted by auotobots.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Agent Smith wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 pm
No. It was deleted, allegedly.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

:mrgreen:
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:59 pm
Agent Smith wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 pm
No. It was deleted, allegedly.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

You might try this for better effect...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807j8-xHmT8
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:41 pm
Yes.

But you're going to have to be sincere. He doesn't do "parlor tricks for cynics."

He's not "summonable," either. It's He who controls the agenda and timing of things...no human agency. You need to be willing to take time, and learn to listen. And you need to persist.

But you can, if you want, open a conversation with Him. It's through a thing you'll have heard of before, called "prayer." But I don't mean rote prayers from a misguided ritual childhood, or something like that...I mean an honest conversation, composed of both saying what is true and being willing to listen.

Set aside five minutes at the start of your day. And for the sake of the exercise, suppose maybe He's there and listening. That's what's called "faith," and without it, you get nothing. You have to be prepared to give God the benefit of the doubt...if only a mustard-seed sized benefit. It will be enough.

Talk. Tell the truth. Spill it all out, and say exactly where you've been, and where you are now. Ask for help. Don't lie about where you're at, or make it "nice" or fudge the details...He knows it all anyway. What matters is your attitude to Him. That's what He cares about.

So talk. Then listen. And don't do it just once; turn it into a daily thing, and go for a month or two. And see what it does to you, and to your life.

That's my most helpful advice for you. I could say more, but without this basic, honest conversation with God, the rest doesn't matter. So you'll have to decide whether you want it badly enough to do it, or not. You just won't get there until you're willing to do what it takes.
Okay, but just to be on the safe side...just in case it's not the Christian God...you might want to contact someone who believes in one of these...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... traditions

...Gods or the One True Path to spiritual salvation.

On the other hand, as IC will assure you, unless it's the Christian God you have this conversation with, well, ask him about that.

Also, see if you can get him to link you to the video that most clearly demonstrates that in fact the Christian God does reside in Heaven. Don't fall for his "the Christian God exists because it says so in the Christian Bible" routine. After all, many of the other One True Paths to immortality and salvation above have their own Scriptures that will tell you that.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:52 pm Okay, but just to be on the safe side...just in case it's not the Christian God...you might want to contact someone who believes in one of these...
You only have to search until you find. After that, it would be silly to search anymore.

But by all means, search as many alternatives as you would like.