I want to talk to God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: I want to talk to God

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi to Gary wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:36 am Sorry, I just thought that since I have been spoken to by God, and me being a Christian I'd let you know at least from my POV that what is stated in the bible re knowing God via Christ turned out to be true for me.
That's great! Hope it works for you.

My experience is different than yours and does not include the idea of a god. It has been working very well for me on all sorts of levels.

So maybe there's more to these various realities than we might think. Maybe we should stop struggling over which one is true, and accept that more than one can be true, as each is geared for the person. Many divine beings on many paths.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Advaita! Kind courtesy of Adi Shankara.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:27 am
attofishpi to Gary wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:36 am Sorry, I just thought that since I have been spoken to by God, and me being a Christian I'd let you know at least from my POV that what is stated in the bible re knowing God via Christ turned out to be true for me.

My experience is different than yours and does not include the idea of a god. It has been working very well for me on all sorts of levels.

So maybe there's more to these various realities than we might think. Maybe we should stop struggling over which one is true, and accept that more than one can be true, as each is geared for the person. Many divine beings on many paths.
I went to a Bible group not long ago where one of the attendees stated that Hindus "invite demons into them." Another Christian I know told me that the spiritualism of psychics, fortunetellers, and stuff like that is "demonic". Stuff like that seems to be the way many Christians view things, that they have the one true God (Christ) and that everyone else's God is not. I don't see how they can believe otherwise given passages of the NT. So basically it comes down to Christians not being able to recognize views like yours in their practice.

If you believe everyone's religious views are equal, then you can't be a Christian. You may be fortunate that they've calmed down over the centuries and don't burn witches anymore. But, you'll either be sitting at the table alone if you go to a Christian gathering or they'll spend hours upon hours telling you things that will make you wonder if you've come to the right place.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"That's great! Hope it works for you."

oh no u don't becuz u know god didn't talk to him. now tell that bloody baastad u don't believe him!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:46 pm So basically it comes down to Christians not being able to recognize views like yours in their practice.
Yes, you're right... because their belief system is so totally dependent on being the one and only truth among all others. It's so ridiculous to think in such terms, and it's so rampant in every aspect of our culture, that I can't resist challenging it with appeals to logic and the realities of broader truth. After all, I was raised Christian but then discovered much more about innate 'spiritual nature' and its vast capabilities (beyond Christianity), which makes so much more sense.

It's really too bad that Christians are caught up in old stories, along with the notions of following and serving. That makes them a perfect group to be manipulated by those simply claiming to be one of them.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:26 pm "That's great! Hope it works for you."

oh no u don't becuz u know god didn't talk to him. now tell that bloody baastad u don't believe him!
:lol: :lol:

Well he thinks that someone else spoke to him, and he imagines it's a god or a sage or something because it said so. Personally, I would be more focused on the content and sensibility of the message itself. I feel like it's due diligence to question Atto's sources and messages and (yes, even) sanity -- which unfortunately he seems to be insulted by and resistant to -- but perhaps it would be to his benefit to question more instead of believing whatever entity decides to fuck with him.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

_
God’s busy right now, but if you ring back later he’ll be able to take your call..

[hangs up]
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

MagsJ wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:01 pm _
God’s busy right now, but if you ring back later he’ll be able to take your call..

[hangs up]
:lol: Sounds like a good reason not to try to talk to God. I'll give him a rest.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:18 pm
MagsJ wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:01 pm _

[hangs up]
:lol: Sounds like a good reason not to try to talk to God. I'll give him a rest.
Yeah, try again tomorrow.. coz he’s got all the time ~as well as the whole world- on/in, his hands. :)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:13 pm
promethean75 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:26 pm "That's great! Hope it works for you."

:lol: :lol:

Well he thinks that someone else spoke to him, and he imagines it's a god or a sage or something because it said so. Personally, I would be more focused on the content and sensibility of the message itself. I feel like it's due diligence to question Atto's sources and messages and (yes, even) sanity -- which unfortunately he seems to be insulted by and resistant to -- but perhaps it would be to his benefit to question more instead of believing whatever entity decides to fuck with him.
What else would be expected from a couple of short-sighted atheists. There is NO God, ergo atto is talking shit.

Idiots.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:34 am There is NO God, ergo atto is talking shit.
You have acknowledged that you talk shit. But you think other people are somehow to blame for disbelieving you?

You've rejected the concept of any kind of spirituality that is naturally innate and accessible if it is not associated with conventional ideas of God, and you are now calling people idiots for rejecting such ideas. Are you conventional in most ways, Atto? Why the fuck are you being so conventional about this now?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:05 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:34 am There is NO God, ergo atto is talking shit.
You, yourself, have acknowledged that you talk shit. But you think other people are somehow to blame for disbelieving you?

You've rejected the concept of any kind of spirituality that is naturally innate and accessible if it is not associated with conventional ideas of God, and you are now calling people idiots for rejecting conventional ideas of God. Are you conventional in most ways, Atto? Why the fuck are you being so conventional about this now?
Do you understand how ridiculous you are?

Here we are in a thread "I want to talk to God" - where I simply stated that I have interactions with God, directed to Gary...and what do you do? BUST my balls for suggesting Christianity (worked for me).

Whenever on this forum I speak about anything relating to God - you bite like a rabid toothed ****.

btw - you keep saying I reject "spirituality that is naturally...bla"

WHERE Lacewing do I go around rejecting other peoples perception of anything spiritual - provide an example. One of my best friends has rejected Christianity and is very spiritual and I and her are best friends. ffs..you continually make assumptions about me. (idiot)

You automatically assume because I am talking about my POV that I am rejecting others POVs - (IDIOT)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:20 am you keep saying I reject "spirituality that is naturally...

WHERE Lacewing do I go around rejecting other peoples perception of anything spiritual - provide an example.
Here you go:
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:20 pm a fucking spiritual atheist ffs, doesn't even understand the hypocrisy
This was soon after I had put a lot of effort into describing the spiritual nature I've experienced, but I acknowledged that I did not believe in God.
attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:20 amHere we are in a thread "I want to talk to God" - where I simply stated that I have interactions with God, directed to Gary...and what do you do? BUST my balls for suggesting Christianity (worked for me).
Actually, Atto... here was my response. Perfectly reasonable... I acknowledged many divine paths... which is more than you do.

Can you see all of that now? I think you form an opinion and skip over stuff, distorting/dismissing it in the process. I only hassle you because you act like an asshole and talk shit sometimes, and then you turn around and claim you know God and other people are idiots because they don't.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:20 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:20 am you keep saying I reject "spirituality that is naturally...

WHERE Lacewing do I go around rejecting other peoples perception of anything spiritual - provide an example.
Here you go:
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:20 pm a fucking spiritual atheist ffs, doesn't even understand the hypocrisy
This was soon after I had put a lot of effort into describing the spiritual nature I've experienced, but I acknowledged that I did not believe in God.
attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:20 amHere we are in a thread "I want to talk to God" - where I simply stated that I have interactions with God, directed to Gary...and what do you do? BUST my balls for suggesting Christianity (worked for me).
Actually, Atto... here was my response. Perfectly reasonable... I acknowledged many divine paths... which is more than you do.

Can you see all of that now? I think you form an opinion and skip over stuff, distorting/dismissing it in the process. I only hassle you because you act like an asshole and talk shit sometimes, and then you turn around and claim you know God and other people are idiots because they don't.
You pencil yourself with what amounts to petty argument.. U R NOT worth.Y of my time.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:25 am
Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:20 am

Here you go:

You pencil yourself with what amounts to petty argument.. U R NOT worth.Y of my time.
God has spoken (to some of us). I recall meeting this person, well it was just a split-second eye contact. Anyway, he eyed me with a piercing glance and I knew what he was saying, "I am God". I thought nothing of it until now. I should've talked to Him. He was very Eurasian in appearance, wavy black hair, oddly not very imposing in height. He had on an khaki explorer vest, cargo pants, dark grey and brown sandals. It was, weirdly, not hot.