What is the best way to follow the God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

K1Barin

What is the best way to follow the God

Post by K1Barin »

The God is supposed to be almighty and therefore not needy. The God is supposed to be the most Loving too. Having these in mind, the best way to follow God would be to Love yourself. Even before Loving each other, and doing this and that, remember the Loving God is supposed to be not needy. He can do anything including Loving anybody he wants. So Loving one's self is the best way to follow the almighty and the most Loving God.

In a parallel topic it could be presented that the best way to Love yourself is to believe in the most Loving and almighty God to back you up and support you in Loving yourself. Having faith in the almighty and the most Loving God can ease up a lot of stress and can lead to hope.
ThinkOfOne

Re: What is the best way to follow the God

Post by ThinkOfOne »

K1Barin wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:13 pm The God is supposed to be almighty and therefore not needy. The God is supposed to be the most Loving too. Having these in mind, the best way to follow God would be to Love yourself. Even before Loving each other, and doing this and that, remember the Loving God is supposed to be not needy. He can do anything including Loving anybody he wants. So Loving one's self is the best way to follow the almighty and the most Loving God.

In a parallel topic it could be presented that the best way to Love yourself is to believe in the most Loving and almighty God to back you up and support you in Loving yourself. Having faith in the almighty and the most Loving God can ease up a lot of stress and can lead to hope.
What a remarkably self-serving view. As a matter of curiosity, are you a Christian?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Another one...
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

ThinkOfOne wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:29 pm
K1Barin wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:13 pm The God is supposed to be almighty and therefore not needy. The God is supposed to be the most Loving too. Having these in mind, the best way to follow God would be to Love yourself. Even before Loving each other, and doing this and that, remember the Loving God is supposed to be not needy. He can do anything including Loving anybody he wants. So Loving one's self is the best way to follow the almighty and the most Loving God.

What a remarkably self-serving view. As a matter of curiosity, are you a Christian?
I am born as a Muslim, but I am talking about what all religions have in common. I am more self-serving than atheists, and I have more faith than theists. Actually:

I am Loving myself is a good reason for existence of God for me. And existence of a Loving God is a good reason to Love myself.
ThinkOfOne

Post by ThinkOfOne »

K1Barin wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:00 pm

I am born as a Muslim, but I am talking about what all religions have in common. I am more self-serving than atheists, and I have more faith than theists. Actually:

I am Loving myself is a good reason for existence of God for me. And existence of a Loving God is a good reason to Love myself.
What a narcissistic view. Would you know if this is brought over from Christianity?
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

ThinkOfOne wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:04 pm

What a narcissistic view. Would you know if this is brought over from Christianity?
Then God bless Christianity. Asking to Love yourself is not narcissistic, and neither is having faith in Loving God.
Going against both may be more like narcissism.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

ah yes, the ol' 'i have experienced god's grace becuz i wuz miserable once and then i wuz made happy through god's mercy' trick, eh? okay but what about people who were never miserable? would we interpret a stroke of good fortune or a sunny day to be a gift from god? Shirley not, as Nietzsche, F. will demonstrate henceforth.

"Speaking in a parable.--A Jesus Christ was possible only in a Jewish landscape--I mean one over which the gloomy and sublime thunder cloud of the wrathful Yahweh was brooding continually. Only here was the rare and sudden piercing of the gruesome and perpetual general day-night by a single ray of the sun experienced as if it were a miracle of "love" and the ray of unmerited "grace." Only here could Jesus dream of his rainbow and his ladder to heaven on which God descended to man. Everywhere else good weather and sunshine were considered the rule and everyday occurrences."
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:47 pm ah yes, the ol' 'i have experienced god's grace becuz i wuz miserable once and then i wuz made happy through god's mercy' trick, eh? okay but what about people who were never miserable? would we interpret a stroke of good fortune or a sunny day to be a gift from god? Shirley not, as Nietzsche, F. will demonstrate henceforth.

"Speaking in a parable.--A Jesus Christ was possible only in a Jewish landscape--I mean one over which the gloomy and sublime thunder cloud of the wrathful Yahweh was brooding continually. Only here was the rare and sudden piercing of the gruesome and perpetual general day-night by a single ray of the sun experienced as if it were a miracle of "love" and the ray of unmerited "grace." Only here could Jesus dream of his rainbow and his ladder to heaven on which God descended to man. Everywhere else good weather and sunshine were considered the rule and everyday occurrences."
Demonstrates what? That God set things up to such an extent through Judaism that Christ would appear brighter shining love than a sunny day? What's wrong with that.

I had no idea Nietsche was a Christian :wink:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Wait a minute mate I posted that in the wrong thread. Lemme pull myself together. But anyway the moral of that quote I think is that becuz the Jews were such a paranoid nervous wreck and under such bad weather, even the slightest bit of light breaking through, the slightest bit of good fortune, had to be considered an abnormality, unnatural, a miracle of god, undeserved, etc.

Now the point is that only if your life truly sucked could there be made such a contrast. Basically it came down to a slavish people over-exaggerating what little good luck they might have had and grovelling at the feet of god with uneasy gratitude as a result.

But yeah I had the whole wrong thread and my post has nothing to do with what is going on in this thread.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

yeah, fine, whatever! who gives a crap!
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

Dubious wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:32 am

yeah, fine, whatever! who gives a crap!
Then what is the point of writing in here?
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

Sorry for not being clear in the title of the topic. What I meant by the best way to follow God, was the best way to obey God. I mean the best way to obey the almighty and most Loving God is to Love myself.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

K1Barin wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:13 pm Sorry for not being clear in the title of the topic. What I meant by the best way to follow God, was the best way to obey God. I mean the best way to obey the almighty and most Loving God is to Love myself.
I think loving ourselves and all else (to the best of our ability) is the best way to show appreciation and respect for life and the creative energy that we are.

The human world offers a continual test for learning more levels of love.

I think the idea of a god is a false way for placing responsibility and capability elsewhere from ourselves.

We can heal, we can save, and we can love -- we do not need to follow or obey anyone. It does not make sense to pretend there's a god who might do such things for us (yet who clearly doesn't). Any help we receive is demonstrated to come from the quality and strength of our own energy and what it draws to us from the collective energy (seen and unseen) that we're part of.

We are conscious forms of creative energy and we have responsibility for what we do with that. All things point to God being a false idol.
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:00 pm
K1Barin wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:13 pm Sorry for not being clear in the title of the topic. What I meant by the best way to follow God, was the best way to obey God. I mean the best way to obey the almighty and most Loving God is to Love myself.
I think loving ourselves and all else (to the best of our ability) is the best way to show appreciation and respect for life and the creative energy that we are.

The human world offers a continual test for learning more levels of love.

I think the idea of a god is a false way for placing responsibility and capability elsewhere from ourselves.

We can heal, we can save, and we can love -- we do not need to follow or obey anyone. It does not make sense to pretend there's a god who might do such things for us (yet who clearly doesn't). Any help we receive is demonstrated to come from the quality and strength of our own energy and what it draws to us from the collective energy (seen and unseen) that we're part of.

We are conscious forms of creative energy and we have responsibility for what we do with that. All things point to God being a false idol.
Thank you for your comments. I posted my proof for God's existence under another topic. What I am saying here is how we should obey the God that we know exists.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The best way to follow God is with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. Why? Because that leads to revelations that are new for you, but old as the hills.