Why did Jesus say "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Why did Jesus say "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"?

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:30 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:14 pm
Wave and particle, father and son.

Although language, thought, and perception are influenced by human bifurcation tendencies of either/or that shape conceptualizing and place "choice" at the peak of definitive human characteristics, reality is not subject to the failures of comprehension caused by the limitations of taxonomy.

Scientists understand that all things are compounded, which includes a trinity thing, but the elements of a thing are not the thing.
I don't believe in wave-particle duality. To me, the reality is made of minds and Qualia. But putting these things aside, if God and Son are one thing then why Jesus felt abandoned?
It's not about your belief.

Like I said, Jesus was a man, so perhaps adjust your dualistic notions of either/or in defining what a man is.
A man is a set of minds that interact through Qualia. But that is not our problem now.
Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:14 pm There's a saying ... all men have a breaking point. Do you have a notion that some men don't have a breaking point? Perhaps such folks exist only in your fantasy.
No, I think that any human being has a breaking point. That is not however address my question: If God and Son are one thing then why Jesus felt abandoned?
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:40 pmThat is not however address my question: If God and Son are one thing then why Jesus felt abandoned?
Yes it does. You just don't understand, due to limitations as described. The trinity is not Jesus. Jesus is the trinity. God is not Jesus. God is Jesus. God is the trinity.

Is that clear now? Not to the bifurcating mind that tries to fit reality into its limitations, with words.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:45 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:40 pmThat is not however address my question: If God and Son are one thing then why Jesus felt abandoned?
Yes it does. You just don't understand, due to limitations as described. The trinity is not Jesus. Jesus is the trinity. God is not Jesus. God is Jesus. God is the trinity.
What?
Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:45 pm Is that clear now? Not to the bifurcating mind that tries to fit reality into its limitations, with words.
No, it is not clear.
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:53 pm No, it is not clear.
Not to the bifurcating mind.

Tell you what. Devise a fudge factor, something like Dark Matter and Dark Energy, to reconcile what you know with what you can't understand.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:56 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:53 pm No, it is not clear.
Not to the bifurcating mind.

Tell you what. Devise a fudge factor, something like Dark Matter and Dark Energy, to reconcile what you know with what you can't understand.
There is nothing that we cannot understand.
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:02 pm There is nothing that we cannot understand.
You cannot even imagine nothing, let alone understand it, for it lies beyond the limitations of the elements that comprise understanding.

Why did the man say ... Science, Why Have You Forsaken My Understanding that Hinges on Either/Or?

And Science answers: Because as an entity of comforting bifurcating tendencies living in your head, you can explain enough of reality to keep the body and mind busy putting things into order, and what doesn't fit can be puzzled over, over and over, with the same methods and mind that created the puzzle. If a piece of the puzzle doesn't fit, imagine a piece of sandpaper that no one has ever empirically verified, and call it Dark Sandpaper. Put it to work modifiying the edges.
The piece may then fit but the puzzle could be puzzling, could become a theory under review, a theory that hinges on bifurcation.

All of this pertains to and answers your question, and although the answer may not fit, that's no reason to abandon the tendencies of ordering the universe that hinge on belief, that have gotten you this far, because what would that get you?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:13 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:02 pm There is nothing that we cannot understand.
You cannot even imagine nothing, let alone understand it, for it lies beyond the limitations of the elements that comprise understanding.
Nothing by definition is the absence of anything. And I can imagine it.
Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:13 pm Why did the man say ... Science, Why Have You Forsaken My Understanding that Hinges on Either/Or?

And Science answers: Because as an entity of comforting bifurcating tendencies living in your head, you can explain enough of reality to keep the body and mind busy putting things into order, and what doesn't fit can be puzzled over, over and over, with the same methods and mind that created the puzzle. If a piece of the puzzle doesn't fit, imagine a piece of sandpaper that no one has ever empirically verified, and call it Dark Sandpaper. Put it to work modifiying the edges.

The piece may then fit but the puzzle could be puzzling, could become a theory under review, a theory that hinges on bifurcation.

All of this pertains to and answers your question, and although the answer may not fit, that's no reason to abandon the tendencies of ordering the universe that hinge on belief, that have gotten you this far, because what would that get you?
So you agree that we are dealing with a puzzle?