A reason for existence of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

K1Barin

A reason for existence of God

Post by K1Barin »

What can be a better reason for the mathematical Logic to be in command of the whole universe but there is a Loving God.
K1Barin

Re: A reason for existence of God

Post by K1Barin »

Sorry for double post :mrgreen:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

K1Barin wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:21 pm Sorry for double post :mrgreen:
You shouldn't have posted it once, let alone twice. :|
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

Well, thanks to God I was able to post it at least once.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

K1Barin wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:17 pm What can be a better reason for the mathematical Logic to be in command of the whole universe but there is a Loving God.

I'm sorry, but I really can't resist asking you to reconcile this Loving God of yours with this...

"...an endless procession of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions and tornadoes and hurricanes and great floods and great droughts and great fires and deadly viral and bacterial plagues and miscarriages and hundreds and hundreds of medical and mental afflictions and extinction events...making life on Earth a living hell for countless millions of men, women and children down through the ages..."

Mysterious ways? Divine Logic?
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:15 am
I'm sorry, but I really can't resist asking you to reconcile this Loving God of yours with this...

"...an endless procession of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions and tornadoes and hurricanes and great floods and great droughts and great fires and deadly viral and bacterial plagues and miscarriages and hundreds and hundreds of medical and mental afflictions and extinction events...making life on Earth a living hell for countless millions of men, women and children down through the ages..."

If there were no life and love and peace and health and successful carriages and logic and math and all that to start with, what would be the reason for your claim?
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

If there were no life and love and peace and health and successful carriages and logic and math and all that to start with, what would be the reason for your claim?

Moreover, sometimes mishaps are needed as a pinch to be awakened to reality.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

K1Barin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:01 am

How can it not boggle the mind that some are actually able to think themselves into believing something like this in the face of all the unspeakable horrors endured by the human race as a result of "acts of God": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... death_toll

Then it dawns on you that in a No God world these terrible things would have to be endured as merely the "brute facticity" embedded in an essentially meaningless world. Shit happens.

It's God's "mysterious ways" or nothing.

And, besides, years ago I was able to believe in this God myself. So, there is always the part where you find yourself mocking minds this gullible still if only because a part of you wishes that you could believe in a God, the God again yourself.

After all, if there is a God, at least there would be someone to blame for it all. And you could always hope that He really, really did have a good reason for what He does. That in the end all of this unimaginably vast suffering [of children especially] actually was still in sync with a loving, just and merciful God.
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:17 am
K1Barin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:01 am

How can it not boggle the mind that some are actually able to think themselves into believing something like this in the face of all the unspeakable horrors endured by the human race as a result of "acts of God": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... death_toll

Then it dawns on you that in a No God world these terrible things would have to be endured as merely the "brute facticity" embedded in an essentially meaningless world. Shit happens.

It's God's "mysterious ways" or nothing.

And, besides, years ago I was able to believe in this God myself. So, there is always the part where you find yourself mocking minds this gullible still if only because a part of you wishes that you could believe in a God, the God again yourself.

After all, if there is a God, at least there would be someone to blame for it all. And you could always hope that He really, really did have a good reason for what He does. That in the end all of this unimaginably vast suffering [of children especially] actually was still in sync with a loving, just and merciful God.
Maybe some people like me that are given so much Love by God can not understand the poor and miserable people who are so much in deficiency of God's Love.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

K1Barin wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:17 pm What can be a better reason for the mathematical Logic to be in command of the whole universe but there is a Loving God.
Love moves everything.
It has only one goal: the One.

Even logic is nothing but an expression of love in search of God.

God loves himself.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

K1Barin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:45 am Maybe some people like me that are given so much Love by God can not understand the poor and miserable people who are so much in deficiency of God's Love.
I too was much loved.

And that's exactly what I'm asked to do: love.

But it's hard to truly love, you have to be God.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

K1Barin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:45 am Maybe some people like me that are given so much Love by God can not understand the poor and miserable people who are so much in deficiency of God's Love.
I agree, people like you do seem to have difficulty in understanding.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Where is the reason?
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

bobmax wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:28 am
I too was much loved.

And that's exactly what I'm asked to do: love.

But it's hard to truly love, you have to be God.
Thank you that is heart warming.
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:04 pm
Where is the reason?
True. There is more to this discussion.

Well. We know mathematical Logic is based on 1 and 0. Not 1 and -1 and not -1 and 0. When the options are 1 and 0, there is a positive weight on any single 1 and 0 bit in universe. For there to be evil in equal weight to good, there must be 1 and -1 in command of Logic which is in command of universe. Which is not. That is why when we call God is not Loving in even single cases, we cannot come up with anything but say "God doesn't exist!". There is to say: If when God is not Loving in even single cases, we come up with God is not to exist, what greater Love did you expect from God. And this is common sense I think because the universe is based on 1 and 0. So, much thanks to God, God is supposed to be Loving.