A reason for existence of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

K1Barin

Re: A reason for existence of God

Post by K1Barin »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:38 am So, this whole discussion is just about what you want to believe and claim, rather than truly considering and presenting logic. A big misrepresentation that is not worth any more time and energy. Good luck to you.
And you be careful that your good feelings, wouldn't "logically" lead you to illogical conclusions. Good luck to you too.
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

What is said about "why is Logic like that?", is meant to say "why is Logic based on 1 and 0?". Reason was because it is illogical otherwise!

I mean it's beyond Logic itself that Logic is like that. Logic is what we reason by, what can be a reason for why Logic itself is someway. Maybe it's because God himself is Loving.
I don't know why God is Loving!! GOD is Loving himself!! How do I know why GOD is Loving!! At most I can Love myself thanks to God, that is why God is Loving!! What are we looking for, after all?!!
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

God abhors a Nothingness, Emptiness
Attachments
Nature Abhors a Vacuum.jpg
Nature Abhors a Vacuum.jpg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 567 times
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Question of the week award goes to ... you know who!

We must philosophize, others will do something else ... presumably.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

K1Barin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:45 am
iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:17 am
K1Barin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:01 am

If there were no life and love and peace and health and successful carriages and logic and math and all that to start with, what would be the reason for your claim?

Moreover, sometimes mishaps are needed as a pinch to be awakened to reality.
How can it not boggle the mind that some are actually able to think themselves into believing something like this in the face of all the unspeakable horrors endured by the human race as a result of "acts of God": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... death_toll

Then it dawns on you that in a No God world these terrible things would have to be endured as merely the "brute facticity" embedded in an essentially meaningless world. Shit happens.

It's God's "mysterious ways" or nothing.

And, besides, years ago I was able to believe in this God myself. So, there is always the part where you find yourself mocking minds this gullible still if only because a part of you wishes that you could believe in a God, the God again yourself.

After all, if there is a God, at least there would be someone to blame for it all. And you could always hope that He really, really did have a good reason for what He does. That in the end all of this unimaginably vast suffering [of children especially] actually was still in sync with a loving, just and merciful God.
Maybe some people like me that are given so much Love by God can not understand the poor and miserable people who are so much in deficiency of God's Love.
If God loves you, then great. Some of us he apparently doesn't love. That's fine. If God is yours and not mine, then whatever. I would have hoped God would love everyone more or less equally or something to that effect but that's apparently not the case. Enjoy. I'll be happy with oblivion. Who wants to sit in heaven for eternity surrounded by the banter of "good" Christians.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Who wants to sit in heaven for eternity surrounded by the banter of "good" Christians." - Gary Wilhelm Nietzsche
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

socrat44 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:11 am God abhors a Nothingness, Emptiness
If "Nothing" is the thing to worry about, then there's nothing to worry about! Leave "Nothing" out and don't leave anything out. In other words leave nothing out.
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

K1Barin wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:03 pm
socrat44 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:11 am God abhors a Nothingness, Emptiness
If "Nothing" is the thing to worry about, then there's nothing to worry about! Leave "Nothing" out and don't leave anything out. In other words leave nothing out.
God abhors a Nothingness / Emptiness and therefore God filled Nothingness
with Dirac's dualistic virtual particles E=±MC², which can appear as real
(Casimir effect, Lamb shift) and create everything
Attachments
Ether.jpg
Ether.jpg (16.38 KiB) Viewed 496 times