An Argument for God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: An Argument for God

Post by promethean75 »

"That starting point is God. The Miracle. The Sacred Cow."

Indeed, let us greet him
puto

Post by puto »

promethean75 wrote,
Do u even know who Hume was? He wuz a rastafarian rationalist. A very, very important one in epistemology.
Having, written a thesis about Hume, yes. David Hume, 1711-1776, CE was an a posteriori philosopher. We have never seen the universe made, as we reason from a watch to a watchmaker. The relation of ideas, at the end of the day is just habit is what is believed. Such as, a sunburn because you have been in the sunlight to long. There is no causal process only a constant conjunction. Hume was a radical empiricist. You only have your word, and with your intention of lying. I am sorry that you lied, I just cannot trust you Anymore: Promethean75.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I knew hume was a Scottish empiricist u puto madre... I just wanted to see if u knew.

Has pasado la prueba. Vamos, puto.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

GeorgeBackstrom wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:18 am 1. There are events.
Are these discrete? Perhaps it's all just one long (durationwise) or infinite occurring.
2. Every event has a cause.
It would seem that either events have causes are they have always been occurring or causation is confused. A block universe would not entail causation.
3. There are two types of causes; external causes (mechanistic causation), and self-caused causes (free will).
Maybe.
4. Every event can not be externally-caused.
Unless we are dealing with an eternal event or events. At the very least. There may be other exceptions. I suppose there could be a kind of loop, though that ends up more or less the same as my previous objection.
5. Therefore, there must have been a self-caused event.
6. If all chains of events end in a self-caused event, then the very first event in all of existence must've been self-caused.
7. If the very first event is self-caused, it is free will.
8. Only the free will of God could have been responsible for the first event.
Why couldn't it have been something else. I'm not sure what is meant by God here. Could you define God?
9. Therefore, God exists (or once existed).
bahman

Post by bahman »

I think you scared him! :mrgreen:
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

Dirac
Attachments
God-Dirac.jpg
God-Dirac.jpg (22.2 KiB) Viewed 521 times