Was Jesus just another mythical character?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Was Jesus just another mythical character?

Post by Dontaskme »

TV Interview with Joseph Atwill - The Roman Creation of Christianity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40Eck6gW7U
promethean75

Re: Was Jesus just another mythical character?

Post by promethean75 »

Well u know what comrade R. Lichtenstein said when aksed about that 'god so loveth the world that he gave his only begotten son' bit in the good book....

"Why should a quote from a work of almost wall-to-wall fantasy, which tells me that a figment of your imagination thought that a blood sacrifice could wipe out any of my alleged ‘sins’, especially when the individual supposedly sacrificed didn’t actually die, and probably never existed to begin with, have any affect on me other than make me scratch my head and wonder why so many gullible Christians buy into this unmitigated rubbish?"
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:51 am Well u know what comrade R. Lichtenstein said when aksed about that 'god so loveth the world that he gave his only begotten son' bit in the good book....

"Why should a quote from a work of almost wall-to-wall fantasy, which tells me that a figment of your imagination thought that a blood sacrifice could wipe out any of my alleged ‘sins’, especially when the individual supposedly sacrificed didn’t actually die, and probably never existed to begin with, have any affect on me other than make me scratch my head and wonder why so many gullible Christians buy into this unmitigated rubbish?"
Does the 'individual named self' exist as just an illusion?

Both are true, both are not true. The wave appears to exist, and it does not exist, it does not exist separately from the ocean.

There was never any human sacrifice. The very idea is absurd, and insane. Human mind, will buy into anything that gives it the sense of having 'autonomous authorship' of what is only an apparent believed existence.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

You're doing that spoon thing again, DAM. I thought we talked about that.