All is energy / God is energy

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: All is energy / God is energy

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:03 pm He apparently lacks the courage to offer much of his own thinking. Instead, he attempts to question everyone else based on his misunderstandings and projections so it becomes a garbled mess to wade through.
Age says some astute things. He gets frustrated.
We all do. That's what makes this forum interesting.

But nobody cares to read or respond to someone else's thousands of questions unless it's to 'play' with them. Age hides behind questioning others.
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm Absolute truth and relative truth is a good contemplation start.
Personally, I don't believe in absolute truth.
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pmSri Nisargadatta Maharaj said that all any person can know for sure is, I Am. All else is inference.
Sounds good, but I think even 'I Am' is inference. Who is 'I', and what is 'Am'? Do we really know?
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm I’ve contemplated this in many situations involving many elements, with attention upon the primal elements that we all experience, and realize it is truth, and it does not change. That makes it absolute.
I think that just makes it 'agreed upon' by those who experience through similar means.
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm This is just a contemplation I just had inspired by this thread*, and of course it is true because I am worthy of knowing it, for empirical reasons … so see ‘ya later. There’s work to be done in a man’s world. 8)
I'm glad you feel inspiration! I often do too! My boyfriend never knows what inspiration I'll come up with next. I'm very grateful he appreciates me!

I think whatever meaning we find in life is part of the artwork of our own experience. One person's meaning is not another's, and that's okay! We don't have to agree. What really matters is what we do with it. And that's the tricky part because people do very different things with the 'meaning' they see. Since it's surely impossible that infinite perspectives are going to see everything the same way, perhaps the best we can hope for is continually aiming for BALANCE. That's not a dirty word/concept. It's reasonable for varying perspectives sharing space. What can we agree on in common... and then the rest becomes an exercise of give and take, yes?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:07 pm Everything is energy...continually changing and consciously manifesting into countless forms.

The many stories that we human beings make up based on human limitation and fear, which we try to apply to the 'infinite all-that-is', make no sense! There can be peace in considering that 'god/divine' energy is the energy within and throughout all which we can never be separated from. We are part of countless manifestations of energy: conscious, flowing, circulating.

We are not limited to (nor prisoners of) the dark and dense world and stories created by men, based on divisiveness and fear and separation from a god. We can manifest light, as countless beings do regardless of their spiritual affiliations or none at all. It's a natural potential of energy. If we put our intention toward being more conscious, rather than defending our identity and stories, how/what might we manifest?

Here's a short little video (one of many) that describes how all is energy, consciously manifesting in countless ways, which human beings assign different names to.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=g ... &FORM=VIRE
Is the thought "Dog needs his dinner" one of the "countless forms"? Is a taste of coffee one of the countless forms? What I am hinting at is 'countless forms' seems to imply material forms but not mental thoughts or ideas. And yet thoughts and ideas are parts of "everything".
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:56 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:13 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 am If I say 'God' on this forum, it's to make a point about that idea.
What Idea, exactly?
Well, it depends on the context of course. Either I'm referring to the idea of God that people imagine/believe (which I don't), or I'm referring to the idea that there's something greater that we belong to or are part of (for which I don't like using the word God, but it's easily accepted even if I describe it differently, since there are many accepted interpretations of it).
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 amWhat would you call the genderless energy (unconvoluted by man) that pulses through every particle
I would call that non existent, because you are assuming it has some sort of volition, I think.
Why wouldn't it? Do you think that life has to be directed by a man being?
It would not since you have only to look carefully at the universe to see just how bizarrely absent such an idea is.
The universe we live in is one which lights tour night sky with a supernova on the birth of the baby Jesus, guiding 3 idiotic astrologers, which destroyed an advanced civilisation of a trillion super intelligent beings o a planet under that star.
Its the sort of universe in which we evolve bipedally with the result of chronic back pain, and bad feet.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:41 pm Sounds good, but I think even 'I Am' is inference. Who is 'I', and what is 'Am'? Do we really know?
To communicate with words requires inference.

But to get closer, "I Am" without the I thought, without the inferred "I" which happens in meditation, leaves only Am. Leaves only being.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:05 pm Is the thought "Dog needs his dinner" one of the "countless forms"? Is a taste of coffee one of the countless forms? What I am hinting at is 'countless forms' seems to imply material forms but not mental thoughts or ideas. And yet thoughts and ideas are parts of "everything".
Yes. In some ways they seem like by-products, and in other ways they seem to be emanating from everything.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:17 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:13 pm you are assuming it has some sort of volition, I think.
It would not since you have only to look carefully at the universe to see just how bizarrely absent such an idea is.
The universe we live in is one which lights tour night sky with a supernova on the birth of the baby Jesus, guiding 3 idiotic astrologers, which destroyed an advanced civilisation of a trillion super intelligent beings o a planet under that star.
Its the sort of universe in which we evolve bipedally with the result of chronic back pain, and bad feet.
How do you think it's all supposed to be?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:45 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:41 pm Sounds good, but I think even 'I Am' is inference. Who is 'I', and what is 'Am'? Do we really know?
To communicate with words requires inference.

But to get closer, "I Am" without the I thought, without the inferred "I" which happens in meditation, leaves only Am. Leaves only being.
Yes, being. What do we do with that?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:03 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 am Atto asked Age:

WHY WHY WHY..do you ask ridiculous questions ALL the time, can't you infer anything?
He apparently lacks the courage to offer much of his own thinking.
Yes, I've noticed that. He doesn't offer anything that he/she/it can be criticised of..but continuously ruins threads with his/her/its ridiculous childish questioning.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:51 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:05 pm Is the thought "Dog needs his dinner" one of the "countless forms"? Is a taste of coffee one of the countless forms? What I am hinting at is 'countless forms' seems to imply material forms but not mental thoughts or ideas. And yet thoughts and ideas are parts of "everything".
Yes. In some ways they seem like by-products, and in other ways they seem to be emanating from everything.
Yes. But maybe a thing like the dog, or the dog's dinner would not even exist unless there was a dog, cat, flea, or human to experience such things.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

What Idea, exactly?
Well, it depends on the context of course. Either I'm referring to the idea of God that people imagine/believe (which I don't),
Actually, you and I appear to believe pretty much the same thing about this entity (Pantheism), so why not just call this being God?

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:56 pm..or I'm referring to the idea that there's something greater that we belong to or are part of (for which I don't like using the word God, but it's easily accepted even if I describe it differently, since there are many accepted interpretations of it).
Sometimes I don't like using the word God since then people think of all the wack-job bigoted muppets that also believe a more ridiculous version of such a being. Unfortunately if we state "God" to people, they might pigeon hole us to the same stupid interpretation.

But the intelligence that runs the perceiveble construct to our reality, from below sub-atomic matter, is God. :)

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:49 am'you', human beings, which are KNOWN (so something) know things = Some KNOWN things know things.
No Age, 'things' do not know. 'Things' are known as concepts only. No concept has even been seen, because it's a ''thought''
OF COURSE.
But, ONCE AGAIN, you are MISSING the POINT.

AGAIN, because you are MAKING ASSUMPTIONS and JUMPING to CONCLUSIONS BEFORE you even BEGIN OBTAINING CLARITY

SO, for now,
I will leave you ALONE.
To rest in PEACE,
with YOUR BELIEF.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:00 pm Concepts are only known never SEEN. The Seer cannot See the Seeing, only what is seen as a concept known already in Seeing that cannot be Seen....only KNOWN.

Concepts known cannot know anything. That's like saying a 'Tree' or a 'Brick Wall' can know.

You can keep on correcting me Age. But I will only correct you back.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:17 pm
How do you think it's all supposed to be?
To answer you fuly; that is not even a question.
What makes you think that is a valid question?

Post by Age »

WHY WHY WHY..do you ask ridiculous questions ALL the time, can't you infer anything?
He apparently lacks the courage to offer much of his own thinking.

I WAIT FOR INTEREST.

If NONE is SHOWN, then NONE is GIVEN.

If SOME is SHOWN, then SOME is GIVEN. And,

If LOTS is SHOWN, then LOTS is GIVEN.

SO, it is NOW up to 'you', human beings.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:03 pm Instead, he attempts to question everyone else based on his misunderstandings and projections so it becomes a garbled mess to wade through.
Here is a PERFECT and PRIME EXAMPLE of ABSOLUTE MISUNDERSTANDING and PROJECTING in its FINEST FORM.

Also, NOTED is this one uses the EXCUSE for NOT answering VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY CLARIFYING QUESTIONS is because of the Wrong ASSUMPTIONS that this one is making in regards to what I am ACTUALLY ASKING FOR
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:03 pm For some reason, he got a bug up his butt because I said that I don't believe there is one ultimate truth. Yes, in a constantly moving/flowing Universe, I don't believe that... so what?
Here we have ANOTHER example of talking ABOUT 'me' INSTEAD discussing WITH 'me'.

'you' NOT believing this here, and your consequent replies SHOWS and PROVES, IRREFUTABLY, just how BLIND and CLOSED people can become because of BELIEFS and BELIEVING.

That is; so what.

Furthermore, if 'your' so- alled "logic" here does actually 'logically' follow, then what 'you' BELIEVE is true here would also be constantly moving/flowing from being true, and being untrue, some times. Which is ACTUALLY LOGICALLY NONSENSICAL.

Otherwise what 'you' BELIEVE is true here would be True FOREVER MORE, and SO would be One Truth. Which, OBVIOUSLY, completely and utterly CONTRADICTS 'your' BELIEF and CLAIM here.

So, which 'one' is it? 'you', OBVIOUSLY, can NOT have this both ways.

Or, is there some thing else that 'you' would like to CLARIFY here?

Or, AGAIN, would 'you' prefer to just talk ABOUT 'me' INSTEAD of discussing WITH 'me'.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm

He apparently lacks the courage to offer much of his own thinking. Instead, he attempts to question everyone else based on his misunderstandings and projections so it becomes a garbled mess to wade through.

For some reason, he got a bug up his butt because I said that I don't believe there is one ultimate truth. Yes, in a constantly moving/flowing Universe, I don't believe that... so what?
Age says some astute things. He gets frustrated.
WHY is there an ASSUMPTION that 'I get frustrated'?
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm Absolute truth and relative truth is a good contemplation start.

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj said that all any person can know for sure is, I Am. All else is inference.
There IS some thing else.
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm - I’ve contemplated this in many situations involving many elements, with attention upon the primal elements that we all experience, and realize it is truth, and it does not change. That makes it absolute.
- At least for now, setting aside what affects the probability of accurate inference as it relates to that absolute …
- To give you feedback on what I’ve heard you state, conditions change, elements comprising conditions change. Elements include the body as it is now, not as it was or will be. These are all relative and because they interact in ways that can be generally predictable, and at times specifically predictable, then these are relative truths.
- However, I Am Is True, All Else Is Inference. This is absolute truth. (This is why I put it in caps.) Even when I Am is not, this is absolute truth, for you are awareness perceiving the universe, you are the absolute perceiving itself in the universe gazing back at you.
- So lookee here. This is just a contemplation I just had inspired by this thread*, and of course it is true because I am worthy of knowing it, for empirical reasons … so see ‘ya later. There’s work to be done in a man’s world. 8)

* So thank you for that, Lacewing, and your feedback is welcome.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:34 pm maybe a thing like the dog, or the dog's dinner would not even exist unless there was a dog, cat, flea, or human to experience such things.
Seems like it's all working together. 8)