All is energy / God is energy

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: All is energy / God is energy

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:10 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:44 pm 'Spiritual' is often used meaning vaguely religious with doubts. 'Spiritual' also seems to stand for ontological mixed with passionate or affectionate expression. The latter seems to me what Lacewing is like in her posts.
To my mind, spirituality is about creating a story to account for that which isn't understood, but for which an explanationis is desired. While there are many things about our existence that I don't undedrstand, perhaps I am more prepared to accept my lack of understanding, and the absense of an explanation, than those who call themselves spiritual are.
What I like about Barbara Pym's stories is nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Everybody is observed without evaluating them. Some of her characters are anthropologists and her own style is like that of an anthropologist who has literary merit and sense of humour. I think she would have agreed with Wittgenstein that the meaning of a word is its social use.
Anthropologists and self-important clergymen are two common themes in her books, which makes me assume that she probably has personal experience of both. I hadn't picked up on your observation about her attitude towards the meaning of words. You've given me something to think about with that.
Existence naturally is not understood
What do you mean by, 'Existence naturally is not understood'?

By who is 'Existence', Itself, naturally, not understood?
Belinda wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm and philosophers have created a jargon that deals with the several theories of existence, describes, criticises, and explains them.
I doubt if philosophers' jargon includes the word 'spirituality'.

Barbara Pym was a sort of administrative secretary for the International African Institute during the 60s and 70s (it's in the introductions)so she knew a lot of anthropologists and their jargon which as you know she makes fun of. I guess she writes mostly about 'high' Anglicans because the rituals are more spectacular and therefore more fun than the 'low' church.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:14 am
Age wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:48 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:42 pm

I understand and respect that Harbal. The thing is it appears that you truly have to have at least some spiritual belief for this entity to provide further insight.

My best friend (a woman) reminds me a lot of Lacewing with what I see as an alternative view of the universe in a spiritual way, and she also has loads of experiences. So when we talk, and I talk about God and even talk about it like it has an AI at the ultimate behest - she is happy to hear me interpretting some of her experiences from my POV - even though, similarly to LW, she doesn't refer to this being as God.

So you're old. I hope you are not just auto reincarnated but at least meet a sage or two on your passing. I told my Mum to kick the my sage in bollocks if she meets him (I was indicated she did lol) Mum passed 22/2/22 at about 2am - not sure Y all the twooooss
HOW, EXACTLY, was it indicated to 'you' that your mom was able to kick some, or 'your' OWN personal, 'sage' on the ass?
See, even there on that little snippet you are wrong. Who is talking about an ass?
What does the word 'bollocks' mean or refer to, to you?

And, when I used the 'ass' word, what were you ASSUMING I meant or was referring to, EXACTLY?

Could it be YOUR Wrong ASSUMPTION here, which led you to making (another?) Wrong ASSUMPTION here?

Or, is it just ABSOLUTELY and IRREFUTABLY True that 'I AM WRONG'?
attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:14 am EVERYDAY the most annoying thing is the amount of remote control battery power gets consumed where I have to SCROLL SCROLL SCROLL through ALL of your crap that I (and probably nobody) bothers reading.
If, when I CHALLENGE and QUESTION you on YOUR CLAIMS, and you are NOT ABLE to back up and support YOUR CLAIMS AT ALL, then that is one thing. But continually BLAMING 'others' for what 'one' "them" 'self' did, WAS A VERY COMMON behavior, back in the days when this was being written. As CLEARLY SEEN here throughout this forum.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:14 am Attofishpi to Age:

EVERYDAY the most annoying thing is the amount of remote control battery power gets consumed where I have to SCROLL SCROLL SCROLL through ALL of your crap that I (and probably nobody) bothers reading.
It takes a lot of scrolling to get through 13,478 posts, and most of them lengthy. :wink:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

People make claims and believe stories that they have been taught by one culture or influence or another. Many people believe that the only true path is their own. Many believe that those who don't believe the same are evil, or blind, or will suffer some horrible punishment. But these human stories senselessly imagine a god who would create human beings that do not naturally pulse with God-energy like all of creation does.

Furthermore, the hierarchical stories are written by men for men throughout many cultures. Where are all the women incarnations of god? Why is God a 'he'? It is man who gave God a gender so that man can feel superior and godlike through association.

Let's be honest and logical. These things do not make sense because they are the ideas of humans... NOT of a god. There may be much wisdom and insight in various teachings because divine spirit is naturally accessible and pulsing throughout all (which includes human beings everywhere)... why wouldn't it be? But our separatist/divisive stories are a veil that obscures truth rather than revealing it. God would not be so limited as human beings are... and it is surely utterly absurd to think so!

Everything is energy -- and part of a web/network of connected energy throughout all. Nothing is excluded. Particles with no distinction or individual agenda are capable of manifesting into countless forms within forms within overlapping forms. So why not consider that there is not a particular product or agenda of a particular separate God, but rather this god-energy is continually manifesting throughout all? Truly, why would there need to be more of a purpose than that (except as imagined by humans for themselves)?

Why is it not enough to be part of this magnificent creation of energy?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Age wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:31 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:44 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:49 pm

That probably explains it. I don't think I have a "spiritual" bone in my body. To be honest, I don't even think I completely understand what the term, spiritual, means.
'Spiritual' is often used meaning vaguely religious with doubts. 'Spiritual' also seems to stand for ontological mixed with passionate or affectionate expression. The latter seems to me what Lacewing is like in her posts.

What I like about Barbara Pym's stories is nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Everybody is observed without evaluating them. Some of her characters are anthropologists and her own style is like that of an anthropologist who has literary merit and sense of humour. I think she would have agreed with Wittgenstein that the meaning of a word is its social use.
Is there ANY one who does NOT agree that the 'meaning' of a word is given or comes with, or IS, its social use?

Which, by the way, AGAIN, comes with and from AGREEMENT, and ACCEPTANCE.
A culture of agreement and acceptance, or workable multi-cultures, is what holds a society together as a society. Language is how people express themselves within a culture of belief and acceptance.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Age wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:56 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:10 pm
To my mind, spirituality is about creating a story to account for that which isn't understood, but for which an explanationis is desired. While there are many things about our existence that I don't undedrstand, perhaps I am more prepared to accept my lack of understanding, and the absense of an explanation, than those who call themselves spiritual are.

Anthropologists and self-important clergymen are two common themes in her books, which makes me assume that she probably has personal experience of both. I hadn't picked up on your observation about her attitude towards the meaning of words. You've given me something to think about with that.

Belinda wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm and philosophers have created a jargon that deals with the several theories of existence, describes, criticises, and explains them.

Barbara Pym was a sort of administrative secretary for the International African Institute during the 60s and 70s (it's in the introductions)so she knew a lot of anthropologists and their jargon which as you know she makes fun of. I guess she writes mostly about 'high' Anglicans because the rituals are more spectacular and therefore more fun than the 'low' church.
When I wrote "existence itself is naturally not understood" I meant that something exists is undeniable. It doesn't make sense to say that nothing exists. Metaphysics is mostly about what sort of things exist.

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:36 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:44 pm
'Spiritual' is often used meaning vaguely religious with doubts. 'Spiritual' also seems to stand for ontological mixed with passionate or affectionate expression. The latter seems to me what Lacewing is like in her posts.

Is there ANY one who does NOT agree that the 'meaning' of a word is given or comes with, or IS, its social use?

A culture of agreement and acceptance, or workable multi-cultures, is what holds a society together as a society. Language is how people express themselves within a culture of belief and acceptance.
Now that you have expressed what is blatantly OBVIOUS, and NOT answered my question, would you like to now answer my question, or would you still prefer to just ignore it?

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:45 pm
Age wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:56 am

When I wrote "existence itself is naturally not understood" I meant that something exists is undeniable.
Now that you have explained, what you said now does make sense.
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:45 pm It doesn't make sense to say that nothing exists.
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I said and was talking about.
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:45 pm Metaphysics is mostly about what sort of things exist.
Okay, if you say so.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:42 am Consciousness is not a 'thing' but knows all ''things''
Age wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:16 pmWHY is 'Consciousness' NOT a 'thing', to 'you', the 'thing' here known as "dontaskme" BUT 'Consciousness' IS a 'Thing', to 'me'?
To me here, the 'knower' aka (consciousness) cannot be a ''thing'. Rather, only what is 'known' in this conscious knowing is the 'thing'.
Which does appear as if the ''known thing'' is identical to conscious knowing, making this conscious knowing also the 'thing' ... seemingly appearing as two 'things' 1 (the knower) and 2 (the known)
Even though, there is only 'No-Thing' Knowing. Knowing is ONE with itself always.

If both the knower (consciousness) and the known (concept) were 'things', that would imply two knowing things where there is here only one.

And upon deeper introspection it is realised 'knowing' is inseparable from the 'known', and that this knowing is always just one unitary movement, there is no split there, as in two things, as if the knower is separate from the known. The apparent split is illusory.
The 'knower', aka Not a thing, and the 'known' aka Thing....are conjoined twins.. aka NO -thing thinging.

This is true Advaita Vedanta Nondual undertsanding, but no one has to buy it. It's only another theory, as is every idea.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:42 am All I'm saying is and you'll probably agree, is that consciousness is not a 'thing' that exists as an object that can be touched physically like a human can be touched.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:42 am'Consciousness', along with 'thoughts' and 'emotions', and 'air' and 'sky', and other 'things', to 'me', are 'things' which are just 'things' are NOT like 'objects', which can be physically touched. So, I agree that these 'things' can NOT be touched like the physical human BODY can be 'touched', and so I agree that they exist NOT like 'objects' that can be physically 'touched'. But I do NOT agree that those 'things' are NOT 'things' AT ALL.
From my perspective here, concepts are also labels for sensations and objects and all mental abstractions. But these known concepts are all aspects within the living one consciousness, they are already couched in consciousness, and do not have any separate existence in and of themselves separate from life's unitary seamless flow.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:16 pm
But WHERE KNOWING exists EXACTLY is ALREADY KNOWN, by 'I'.
I is a known concept, already located by Conscious knowing, that is fundamentally everywhere and nowhere all at once, one without a second.

Any empirical knowledge happens within the triad of “knower-known-knowing”. Indian philosophy calls this the “triputi”. This is an obvious fact, isn't it? Can there be any other way of acquiring knowledge without a subject-object distinction? Definitely not, we say.

But, a little introspection will reveal the hollowness of this statement. When I say, “I had a good deep sleep”, how do I know it was good? Do I have memory of the sleep? Were my senses active when I was asleep? But I am sure I slept and that “I” was present in deep sleep.

This keeps us wondering if there is anything unknown that's present when our body, mind, and the world are absent? Vedanta calls it the fourth state, Turiya. The one beyond waking, dream, and sleeping.

That state is ever existent and self-luminant. When you see the world, you don't see it. When it reveals itself, the world disappears. It has no form, no attributes, nothing. No word known to any man in the world can describe it. It doesn't “will” to be known because it is complete and blissful in Itself. But, it definitely reveals itself to a man who renounces the world.

To answer the question in one line, the unknown doesn't “will” to be known. It is that place where all search ends invariably.

Source: Quora.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:34 am People make claims and believe stories that they have been taught by one culture or influence or another. Many people believe that the only true path is their own. Many believe that those who don't believe the same are evil, or blind, or will suffer some horrible punishment. But these human stories senselessly imagine a god who would create human beings that do not naturally pulse with God-energy like all of creation does.

Furthermore, the hierarchical stories are written by men for men throughout many cultures. Where are all the women incarnations of god? Why is God a 'he'? It is man who gave God a gender so that man can feel superior and godlike through association.

Let's be honest and logical. These things do not make sense because they are the ideas of humans... NOT of a god. There may be much wisdom and insight in various teachings because divine spirit is naturally accessible and pulsing throughout all (which includes human beings everywhere)... why wouldn't it be? But our separatist/divisive stories are a veil that obscures truth rather than revealing it. God would not be so limited as human beings are... and it is surely utterly absurd to think so!

Everything is energy -- and part of a web/network of connected energy throughout all. Nothing is excluded. Particles with no distinction or individual agenda are capable of manifesting into countless forms within forms within overlapping forms. So why not consider that there is not a particular product or agenda of a particular separate God, but rather this god-energy is continually manifesting throughout all? Truly, why would there need to be more of a purpose than that (except as imagined by humans for themselves)?

Why is it not enough to be part of this magnificent creation of energy?
The above story is just another human story, a mental projection, not excluded from all that is, rather, all inclusive of all that is, was, and ever will be, infinitely for eternity. Which is NOW always Now...popped aware.
The past is dead and the future is unborn. Everything is now and now is everything forever eternally this immediate unchanging change, uncreated creation, unborn born, unmoving mover. Now is this absolute reality. This empty fullness.

There is nothing wrong with you. You are never not enough. You are never not here.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Age wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:12 am
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:36 pm

Now that you have expressed what is blatantly OBVIOUS, and NOT answered my question, would you like to now answer my question, or would you still prefer to just ignore it?
I do try. I agree with you and Wittgenstein that the meaning of a word is its use. I cannot answer for other people on the forum or elsewhere.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 am The above story is just another human story, a mental projection, not excluded from all that is, rather, all inclusive of all that is, was, and ever will be, infinitely for eternity. Which is NOW always Now...popped aware.
The past is dead and the future is unborn. Everything is now and now is everything forever eternally this immediate unchanging change, uncreated creation, unborn born, unmoving mover. Now is this absolute reality. This empty fullness.

There is nothing wrong with you. You are never not enough. You are never not here.
Thank you... I agree with you, if we're not talking from the perspective of being a human being. As human beings, we create different stories (of varying densities, perhaps) for living our lives. I enjoy creating with the passion of being in a sensory form, while knowing that I am not limited to it. It is a balance. And it's not always easy, of course... it can be discouraging, exhausting, and heartbreaking for this flesh and blood form. However, I feel inclined to continually try to make the best of this experience by using what I have access to... and while pulsing with as much love and light as I can handle while in this form and story. :)

I posed this question to the forum: "Why is it not enough to be part of this magnificent creation of energy?"

For me, it is enough.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:07 pm Everything is energy...continually changing and consciously manifesting into countless forms.

The many stories that we human beings make up based on human limitation and fear, which we try to apply to the 'infinite all-that-is', make no sense! There can be peace in considering that 'god/divine' energy is the energy within and throughout all which we can never be separated from. We are part of countless manifestations of energy: conscious, flowing, circulating.

We are not limited to (nor prisoners of) the dark and dense world and stories created by men, based on divisiveness and fear and separation from a god. We can manifest light, as countless beings do regardless of their spiritual affiliations or none at all. It's a natural potential of energy. If we put our intention toward being more conscious, rather than defending our identity and stories, how/what might we manifest?

Here's a short little video (one of many) that describes how all is energy, consciously manifesting in countless ways, which human beings assign different names to.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=g ... &FORM=VIRE
What is meant by energy here? I only understand two contexts for the word:

We have the energy of physics, as in mass-energy, probably sufficient to say it is the capacity to perform work. Yet this context of energy is a property, not a thing that exists unto itself (nothing “is” energy, there are only things which possess energy).

Then we have energy as a euphemism for an emotional state, “high energy” or “energetic” being descriptors of an alert and excited person for instance.

Neither of these seem to fit with what’s being talked about in the OP.

So what is “energy” as being asked about in the OP?

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:56 pm
Age wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:12 am
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:36 pm A culture of agreement and acceptance, or workable multi-cultures, is what holds a society together as a society. Language is how people express themselves within a culture of belief and acceptance.
I do try.
In case it was UNSEEN, I USED the 'or' word above. So, what do you 'try to do'.

Do you 'try to' ANSWER my question/s, OR, do you 'try to' IGNORE my question/s?

Now, if it is the former, then the answer to my one and only question originally asked to you would either be:

A. Yes.
B. No.
C. I do not know.
Belinda wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:56 pm I agree with you and Wittgenstein that the meaning of a word is its use. I cannot answer for other people on the forum or elsewhere.
Thank you.

The MEANING of EVERY word IS its, so-called, 'social use'. Or, in other words, the MEANING of A word is what IS AGREED WITH and ACCEPTED.

Which, by the way, is EXACTLY WHERE thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' LAYS, and HOW thee ACTUAL Truth IS UNCOVERED, FOUND, DISCOVERED, or REVEALED.