All is energy / God is energy

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: All is energy / God is energy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:44 am I'm pretty sure that there is such a thing as energy.
SO that would mean I am not an atheist?
Else what would I add to the water for my hot water bottle tonight.

What I do not understand is why you would want to confuse things by calling the heat in my tea, god. when there is a perfectly good word for it already.
What would you call the genderless energy (unconvoluted by man) that pulses through every particle including your tea?
Energy.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

As human beings who tend to see ourselves as separate individuals from all else, it can be challenging (and even undesirable) to consider all that we are truly part of. We're so resistant to it, in fact, that we actually destroy what we're part of and what our survival depends on. We prefer to tell stories of our righteous position above all of it and our alignment with gods. How different might our experience and goals be if we could truly recognize ourselves as part of a larger whole?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:39 am
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 am What would you call the genderless energy (unconvoluted by man) that pulses through every particle including your tea?
Energy.
So, no way of distinguishing the many kinds of energy we might be talking about? Even Eskimos have many different words for snow.

Sure, maybe "God' is the only other concept or word we can imagine or use! :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 am How different might our experience and goals be if we could truly recognize ourselves as part of a larger whole?
Well, that's how I see myself (as a Christian Pantheist).

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 amSure, maybe "God' is the only other concept or word we can imagine or use! :lol:
I have friends that are spiritual in some way and also don't like the term God. I truly think US evangelism has tainted the entire concept, so many people are turning away from the term 'God' and certainly from Christianity in droves because of their stupidity and bigotry.

I sometimes shudder a little when I admit to people that I am Christian.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:12 am
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 am What would you call the genderless energy (unconvoluted by man) that pulses through every particle including your tea?
Energy.

Sure, maybe "God' is the only other concept or word we can imagine or use! :lol:
But it serves no purpose. You could call a banana a bloopschnopple, but it serves no purpose to do that. It's still a banana.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:20 am I have friends that are spiritual in some way and also don't like the term God. I truly think US evangelism has tainted the entire concept, so many people are turning away from the term 'God' and certainly from Christianity in droves because of their stupidity and bigotry.

I do appreciate truly good-hearted Christians and the work they do in caring for others. I just don't like the ones who try to speak as/for God because that is something entirely self-serving, bordering on creepy. That completely denies the connectivity we are all naturally/divinely part of and pretends that a select godly few are in a position to tell others what to do and what awaits them if they don't. What a load of dishonest crap.

Extremists have a way of doing completely the opposite of the values they claim to follow and destroying balance everywhere they go! Lovely. And they (in great numbers) seem to find a haven in theism, where they can claim anything they want while insisting that no one should challenge it, else they blaspheme God! Extreme theists, more than anyone else, are fulfilling the prophecies of doom that they threaten others with! It's just so freakin' twisted and they're too rabid to realize or acknowledge it.

Meanwhile, all of the peaceful theists and non-theists are witnesses to all of that insanity as it threatens the world for all of us.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:50 am
Energy.

But it serves no purpose. You could call a banana a bloopschnopple, but it serves no purpose to do that. It's still a banana.
Well, I was joking, but maybe I don't understand what you're pointing out. Are the only two possible words 'energy' or 'God' to describe what we're talking about? Some people say 'Universe', but that already has certain associations with it too.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 am As human beings who tend to see ourselves as separate individuals from all else, it can be challenging (and even undesirable) to consider all that we are truly part of. We're so resistant to it, in fact, that we actually destroy what we're part of and what our survival depends on.
But, as you continually pick me up on, this is just the PERFECT NATURAL order of things, correct?

Or, are you NOT YET able to SEE this?

The very reason WHY 'you', adult beings, are actually destroying 'your' one and only home, and what 'you' are a part of, is because of the very thing I mention here, but which you do NOT want to LOOK AT and DISCUSS, and when you TELL me that you prefer to 'dance'.

If ANY one of 'you' WANTED to LOOK AT and DISCUSS things here with 'me', THEN 'you' could FIND and DISCOVER WHY 'you' are ALL destroying what 'you' are part of and what 'your' survival depends on. SEE, if and when you have the CAUSE of WHY 'you' ALL DO Wrong, then you can also work our, VERY SIMPLY and EASY, the PREVENTION.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 am We prefer to tell stories of our righteous position above all of it and our alignment with gods.
WHY do 'you' prefer to do this "lacewing"?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 am How different might our experience and goals be if we could truly recognize ourselves as part of a larger whole?
Can you explain to us what the actual difference is of aligning "ourselves" with God, from recognizing "ourselves" as part of a larger whole?

The so-called 'largest whole' is God. So, recognizing "ourselves" as part of God/the largest whole is more or less the exact same thing as aligning "ourselves" with the largest whole/God.

Well, to me anyway.

Post by Age »

Energy.
So, no way of distinguishing the many kinds of energy we might be talking about? Even Eskimos have many different words for snow.
But this is NOT surprising considering WHERE "eskimos" live.

I would have been FAR MORE surprised if you informed us that even "south pacific islanders" have many different words for snow.

The 'energy' WITHIN EVERY 'thing', which is also sometimes called and referred to as the Life Spirit, just the Spirit, or just God, is also sometimes called just 'Energy'.

As this 'Energy'' is NOT an 'energy force', so just the word 'Energy' suffices. After all 'It' is WITHIN absolutely EVERY 'thing'. 'It' is also an 'Energy' that ALLOWS ALL 'things' to be created in the way that they ALL are. 'It' is therefore A Creator, of sorts.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:12 am Sure, maybe "God' is the only other concept or word we can imagine or use! :lol:
SEE, WHEN the word 'God' is used in a way that ACTUALLY WORKS, in a Spiritual, Philosophical, Religious, Scientific, and Logical way, then WHO and WHAT 'God' IS, EXACTLY, can be UNRAVELED, and thus IS REVEALED, and NOT some 'Thing' that was to be overly afraid of NOR overly revered.

God, the Life Energy, WITHIN ALL 'things' is what ALLOWS the 'dance' to 'play out', and what Creates the SHOW, with ALL of 'you', actors, 'playing' 'the parts'.

It has just been the Wrong INTERPRETATIONS and CONCEPTS of the word 'God' WHY the KNOWING was NOT YET REVEALED, to most of 'you', up to and in the days when this was being written.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:20 am

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 amSure, maybe "God' is the only other concept or word we can imagine or use! :lol:
I have friends that are spiritual in some way and also don't like the term God.
WHY?

What INTERPRETATION or NOTION do they have with the term 'God'?
attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:20 am I truly think US evangelism has tainted the entire concept, so many people are turning away from the term 'God' and certainly from Christianity in droves because of their stupidity and bigotry.
Could RIDICULING and/or BLAMING "another group of people", based solely on their membership to a particular group, be seen as 'stupidity', and/or 'bigotry', itself?
attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:20 am I sometimes shudder a little when I admit to people that I am Christian.
WHY?

What INTERPRETATION or NOTION of "christianity" do you have that makes 'you' 'shudder'?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:50 am
Energy.

So, according to this so-called "logic", you could call God absolutely ANY thing you like, including a 'bloopschnopple', but it would serve no purpose to do that, as God is still God, correct?

Or, does this NOT work with this word?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 am

WHY?

attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:20 am I truly think US evangelism has tainted the entire concept, so many people are turning away from the term 'God' and certainly from Christianity in droves because of their stupidity and bigotry.
Could RIDICULING and/or BLAMING "another group of people", based solely on their membership to a particular group, be seen as 'stupidity', and/or 'bigotry', itself?
attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:20 am I sometimes shudder a little when I admit to people that I am Christian.
WHY?

What INTERPRETATION or NOTION of "christianity" do you have that makes 'you' 'shudder'?
WHY WHY WHY..do you ask ridiculous questions ALL the time, can't you infer anything?

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:20 am I have friends that are spiritual in some way and also don't like the term God. I truly think US evangelism has tainted the entire concept, so many people are turning away from the term 'God' and certainly from Christianity in droves because of their stupidity and bigotry.

I do appreciate truly good-hearted Christians and the work they do in caring for others.
Wow that seems to be so nice of 'you', "lacewing". Thank 'you' for sharing with 'us' just how nice 'you' really are.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 am I just don't like the ones who try to speak as/for God because that is something entirely self-serving, bordering on creepy.
Do you, however, like the ones who continually CLAIM; 'There is NO one truth'?

Are the ones who 'try to' speak as/for KNOWING thee Truth, or as/for God, by CLAIMING the above, also being entirely self-serving, and bordering on creepy, as well? Or, is it DIFFERENT when this is being spoken about?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 am That completely denies the connectivity we are all naturally/divinely part of and pretends that a select godly few are in a position to tell others what to do and what awaits them if they don't. What a load of dishonest crap.
Have you EVER considered that what 'they' are TEACHING/TELLING 'you' is just ANOTHER Wrong INTERPRETATION.

And, to 'them' what 'they' are TELLING/TEACHING 'you' is NOT so-called 'dishonest crap', because, to 'them', 'they' BELIEVE 'it' to be ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

Just like the, again, 'dishonest crap' that 'you' 'try to' TELL and TEACH 'us' here "lacewing". Although 'we' can CLEARLY SEE just how Wrong 'it' IS, EXACTLY, 'we' ALSO KNOW that it is just 'your' Wrong INTERPRETATION, which 'you' BELIEVE to be ABSOLUTELY True, which is WHY 'you' have been led SO FAR AWAY.

Informing 'one' that what they BELIEVE to be ABSOLUTELY TRUE is 'dishonest crap' works in NO one's favor.

Extremists have a way of doing completely the opposite of the values they claim to follow and destroying balance everywhere they go! [/quote]

And, 'your' EXTREMISTS views are NO different AT ALL, EITHER.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 am Lovely. And they (in great numbers) seem to find a haven in theism, where they can claim anything they want while insisting that no one should challenge it, else they blaspheme God!
Here we can CLEARLY SEE that we have ANOTHER ONE who starts a thread on pretence, but then ends up DISCLOSING its OWN BELIEF. Which, REALLY, is what it REALLY WANTED to TALK ABOUT and DISCUSS.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 am Extreme theists, more than anyone else, are fulfilling the prophecies of doom that they threaten others with!
And what are EXTREME "atheists" doing?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 am It's just so freakin' twisted and they're too rabid to realize or acknowledge it.
Talk about being too 'freaking twisted', and being too 'rabid' to realize just HOW ABSURD this thread is. ALL is energy/, which could be God, BUT, REALLY, I HATE particular "theists" BECAUSE of the way i was brought up and MISTREATED.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 am Meanwhile, all of the peaceful theists and non-theists are witnesses to all of that insanity as it threatens the world for all of us.
And 'your' kind of NOT LIKING some and BIGOTRY does NOT 'threaten the world AT ALL correct "lacewing"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:56 am Are the only two possible words 'energy' or 'God' to describe what we're talking about? Some people say 'Universe', but that already has certain associations with it too.
To label THIS self-evident IS-NESS that is already here without concept, logically speaking, is to conceptually overlay, or superimpose upon what already is here in all it's inseparable total absoluteness, that is unknowable even to itself.

And since that which is apparently appearing as an illusory conceptual overlay upon what is inseparable, this overlay is also an inseparable aspect of the same mysterious undiminished absoluteness that cannot be known.

So all in all, here we have only the nameless absolute mystery naming itself, meaning, this apparent knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of existence. Not to confuse existence itself with being an illusion, it is not, it is obviously the case. Rather, it's the knowing of it by association of concept that's illusory, as the separation isn't actually there in reality, except in this illusory conception.

In other words, there is no thing, not a thing, nothing naming itself. THIS is the apparent Nameless Named. The Unknown Known.

My two penny worth Lacewing. :D

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 am
Age wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 am

WHY?

WHY?

WHY WHY WHY..do you ask ridiculous questions ALL the time, can't you infer anything?
To SEE if the one making the CLAIM REALLY KNOWS what they are talking about or is REALLY ABLE to back up and support THEIR BELIEF or CLAIM.

Could you NOT infer this? Did you REALLY have to ask this, 'ridiculous', question?

WHY do you NOT answer my questions, posed to you for CLARITY? Are you NOT ABLE to back up and support YOUR BELIEFS or CLAIMS? Or, do you NOT REALLY KNOW what you are talking about, or is there some OTHER reason?

AND, YES I can INFER or ASSUME what "another" is SAYING/MEANING/IMPLYING, but I do NOT like to do so. That is; because I then could be Wrong. BUT, when I gain CLARITY FIRST, then I can NEVER be Wrong.