Reincarnation

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Reincarnation

Post by Atla »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:00 pm
Atla wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:43 pm Yes great advice, you don't know the first thing about mental disorders do you.
I'd say it's very likely I know a lot more than you having worked professionally in that field and how you are acting like you haven't nor know much about it. Should you have more education than me, well, you're ignoring it. You're diagnosing someone online, lol.
The guy seems to have textbook psychosis
Great, who needs any education or direct contact with someone, just get some layperson online to diagnose. You also seem to think psychosis is a mental health disorder. It's not. It's a state or set of symptoms that can be temporary, and even not be associated with any disorder. It can also be associated with disorders, that yes are very damaging long term. But pretty much everything you write here indicates you've maybe taken some college psych courses at most, but you're not in a position to diagnose people online.
And a lot of amateurs would know that, so you're not flattering yourself but acting like you know anything here.
which cripples many people for life, often the only possible way out of it is to realize that one has it (plus medication), and often that's not even enough.
Dude stop whining. Yes it's a state or set of symptoms that can be temporary, and even not be associated with any disorder, and attofishpi seems to have a textbook case, just like some other people on philosophy forums. I can totally diagnose a psychosis online when I think I see one. No it's not an official diagnosis. :)
I doubt in the extreme that you give a shit.
Not that I particularly care for the wellbeing of attofishpi,
And there it is.
but to pose yourself as some kind of compassionate saviour here..
I posed myself as a kind of compassionate savior? LOL. You know, of course, that savior complexes are a form of grandiosty, associated with a bunch of possible mental disorders. Grandiosity. You know, like pretending you have the competence to diagnose people, and then doing it online, as professionals generally do. And here it looks like you are getting ready to diagnose me.
Yeah yeah you came in and helped the guy with psychosis remain stuck in his condition, we can see that you give a shit. At least if attofishpi's psychosis was pleasant, but he's stuck with some kind of sadistic third party intelligence.
You also seem to have completely misunderstood the construct issue. Forget consciousness and nondualism, first things first, are you a direct (naive) realist?
No. I'm more antirealist than realist. But best put would be 'pragmatist'. I notice you neither cite where you think I misunderstood. You don't explain what you meant, for example, with scientific Advaita. IOW you keep avoiding justifying or explaining. I asked some questions. Instead of answering or clarifying, you just jump to other things, like my mental states now.
You're the one mentioning your mental state, I just asked whether you're a direct realist, as opposed to an epistemological dualist. That's rather an either/or issue of perception, not a more-or-less issue.

If you really went me to diagnose you, I don't think you have any mental issues. You simply might have some kind of God belief or God experience that you don't want to talk about here, but you get very defensive around such issues. But this is just a hunch, attofishpi's psychosis is there pretty much in black and white.

By scientific Advaita I meant that my position could be best described as a non-monistic understanding of Advaita, but it's upgraded with all scientific knowledge. Or scientific Zen. Advaita approaches pure nondualism from the positive and (Mahayana) Buddhism approaches it from the negative.

I just explained a lot in my comments to Harbal in this thread, about consciousness, I thought you read them, if not then please read them first. No the world is not an illusion btw. The Brahman is just another name for consciousness/the world/existence, those who see more into the Brahman are making up stuff imo.

Before you ask, I think reincarnation and karma are BS too.
Last edited by Atla on Sat May 27, 2023 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:20 am
Atla wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:43 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:48 pm

Er...so your verdict regarding the questioning I have here in blue..?

You are suggesting that this didn't happen - these usernames never existed?...as I had to provide tech support for the person that issued them to me, or just some strange quirk of coincidence?:-

1. When I considered I should go to Church that evening, and actually do this 'confess' thing, the very next customer when I asked for his username stated it is:- "mad_if_you_dont" --- now, ya, that is not a normal internet username.

2. Shortly after (point 1) In a cyberpunk novel I was writing a character called Eli never knew when he was in the real world or the virtual world and extortionists that had kidnapped him were torturing him in the virtual (as God was doing to me) - then the username "hows_eli" was issued by a customer.

3. Later in the day - I didn't mention this one, at the time we were required to support billing enquires, and an old legacy system that was crap could get rather complicated in certain situations. I looked at all the transactions, cross checking late fees, excess data charges and it appeared to conflict with what the customer was telling me. The customer had given me the username "coins_nah" - of course, I thought to myself this is another strange bloody username. Anyway, I went to talk to my manager to see if she could make head to tail of it (no pun intended)...her entire desk was covered in coins..maybe for the social club she was counting out, dunno, but I found it rather funny when she asked for the username.
Well to me, they seem like events that didn't actually happen.

It seems more likely to me that you either "hallucinated" parts or all of these event while you were awake. Or you were sleeping, and these events were dreamt, but then got stored as real memories, maybe added to original memories, this often happens in psychosis. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the latter explanation.
I went to bed last night with quite a chuckle after reading what you think is a rational explanation. That of course there is no God or one even capable of this...this guy atto that claims to have 26 years of experiences of God, actually has 26 years of psychosis.
I dreamt that I went to work and got a day of usernames in synchronicity to events, and I suppose that I dreamt that I went to confession that evening!

Fuck nose how my psychotic fragmented mind can program computers such that I paid my house off when I was 40, own an Audi TT sports car and a work van, have wads of cash in the stock-market...you are clearly a genius!
Just think if I had been on the meds you suggest, dumbing my brain down until I can barely manage a job stacking shelves in a shop!!
Anything is possible, maybe there's a God who actually did all this. No sign of him though.
There are like what, 8 billion people on this planet. Even if we only take a sample size of 2, you and Age, you two are in contact with two godlike beings that are so very different that they can't be the same entity.
So yes psychosis is the rational explanation.
Last edited by Atla on Sat May 27, 2023 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:07 am
Atla wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:43 pm It seems more likely to me that you either "hallucinated" parts or all of these event while you were awake.
Atla, how do you explain this one? Shortly after crossing the line that God\sage had set of me, and back in some Hell.

Well, I was up the shops stood at the checkout and decided to get a "Snickers" chocolate bar, when I turned to grab one it had "Foolish" on it..

None of the other chocolate bars had anything apart from "Snickers". I said to the checkout chick, what's this with the snickers bar? She looked shocked and said she had no idea. I said maybe we are foolish to eat it hey, because we might get fat.

Maybe we are all hallucinating this one then?

Looks like they mixed two shipments of Snickers bars.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:00 pm .
By epistemological dualism I just meant indirect or representational realism.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:53 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:20 am
Atla wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:43 pm
Well to me, they seem like events that didn't actually happen.

It seems more likely to me that you either "hallucinated" parts or all of these event while you were awake. Or you were sleeping, and these events were dreamt, but then got stored as real memories, maybe added to original memories, this often happens in psychosis. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the latter explanation.
I went to bed last night with quite a chuckle after reading what you think is a rational explanation. That of course there is no God or one even capable of this...this guy atto that claims to have 26 years of experiences of God, actually has 26 years of psychosis.
I dreamt that I went to work and got a day of usernames in synchronicity to events, and I suppose that I dreamt that I went to confession that evening!

Fuck nose how my psychotic fragmented mind can program computers such that I paid my house off when I was 40, own an Audi TT sports car and a work van, have wads of cash in the stock-market...you are clearly a genius!
Just think if I had been on the meds you suggest, dumbing my brain down until I can barely manage a job stacking shelves in a shop!!
Anything is possible, maybe there's a God who actually did all this. No sign of him though.
There are like what, 8 billion people on this planet. Even if we only take a sample size of 2, you and Age, you two are in contact with two godlike beings that are so very different that they can't be the same entity.
So yes psychosis is the rational explanation.
LOL
LOL
LOL

'It' IS, LITERALLY, the EXACT SAME 'Thing'. AND, IF 'you' or ANY one "else" EVER DECIDED TO SEEK OUT CLARITY, BEFORE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS OR DIAGNOSES, THEN 'this' could be PROVED IRREFUTABLY True.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:37 am LOL
LOL
LOL

'It' IS, LITERALLY, the EXACT SAME 'Thing'. AND, IF 'you' or ANY one "else" EVER DECIDED TO SEEK OUT CLARITY, BEFORE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS OR DIAGNOSES, THEN 'this' could be PROVED IRREFUTABLY True.
attofishpi's godlike being seems to be some gay dude who likes to torment him for months at a time because he's nasty, and often messes around with what attofishpi sees and hears. Is that what you mean by the universal 'I' too?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:50 am
LOL
LOL

attofishpi's godlike being seems to be some gay dude who likes to torment him for months at a time because he's nasty, and often messes around with what attofishpi sees and hears. Is that what you mean by the universal 'I' too?
Well when you say 'seems to be', to you, does this MEAN that "attofishpi's" so-called 'godlike being' is EXACTLY like 'that'?

If yes, then we are now in a position for me to answer your question here.

Until then, we will have to WAIT
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 am
LOL
LOL

Well when you say 'seems to be', to you, does this MEAN that "attofishpi's" so-called 'godlike being' is EXACTLY like 'that'?

Only attofishpi can say, but something along those lines I think, judging from the things I've read from him.
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:07 am Atla, how do you explain this one?
Look look here we have it in reverse, only a few bars have Snickers written on them. But what could this possibly mean?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:07 am
Well when you say 'seems to be', to you, does this MEAN ithat "attofishpi's" so-called 'godlike being' is EXACTLY like 'that'?

Only attofishpi can say, but something along those lines I think, judging from the things I've read from him.
GREAT POINT 'you' make here "atla", 'you' and 'me' have absolutely NO IDEA AT ALL what "attofishpi's" 'godlike being' is EXACTLY, that is; UNTIL "attofishpi" INFORMS 'us'. So, UNTIL THEN there is NO use in me even trying to answer your QUESTION here.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Atla wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:48 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:07 am Atla, how do you explain this one?
Look look here we have it in reverse, only a few bars have Snickers written on them. But what could this possibly mean?

Ya, I was wondering if you were going to find this thing they did, 2015 I think - I searched earlier.

At the time I had taken the "FOOLISH" bar to a BBQ with some friends, and they all flipped out, but my main trippy friend said that he had seen some snickers with different writing.

The opposite to FAITH - DOUBT - always has to be there. DO_U_BT (BT my initials :wink: )
Every time I was at the shops, I never ever found a single 1 snickers bar without just "SNICKERS" on it, and over the months my friends were the same...so considering I got the one "FOOLISH" after foolishly again crossing the line that God\sage had set just a few weeks earlier - ya very fucking slim odds.
Last edited by attofishpi on Sat May 27, 2023 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:02 am

Well when you say 'seems to be', to you, does this MEAN ithat "attofishpi's" so-called 'godlike being' is EXACTLY like 'that'?

GREAT POINT 'you' make here "atla", 'you' and 'me' have absolutely NO IDEA AT ALL what "attofishpi's" 'godlike being' is EXACTLY, that is; UNTIL "attofishpi" INFORMS 'us'. So, UNTIL THEN there is NO use in me even trying to answer your QUESTION here.
In that case you will still have absolutely NO IDEA AT ALL, even after he informed you. No I won't clarify.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Atla wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:07 am
In that case you will still have absolutely NO IDEA AT ALL, even after he informed you. No I won't clarify.
What was this about - that somehow my imaginary God puts me through 3 month stints in HELL - because as you stated - I am "nasty".

To the contrary. I agreed to an abortion around 1990 - once God first started putting me through HELL - I insisted that I take FULL responsibility - I didn't want my ex to suffer at all. So, ya I am a lovely bloke and many years later the sage confirmed to me, that I was destined to gain gnosis of God, it wasn't just because of abort_ion.
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:11 am
Atla wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:07 am

What was this about - that somehow my imaginary God puts me through 3 month stints in HELL - because as you stated - I am "nasty".

To the contrary. I agreed to an abortion around 1990 - once God first started putting me through HELL - I insisted that I take FULL responsibility - I didn't want my ex to suffer at all. So, ya I am a lovely bloke and many years later the sage confirmed to me, that I was destined to gain gnosis of God, it wasn't just because of abort_ion.
I meant your God seems to be nasty.
Atla

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:06 am Ya, I was wondering if you were going to find this thing they did, 2015 I think - I searched earlier.

At the time I had taken the "FOOLISH" bar to a BBQ with some friends, and they all flipped out, but my main trippy friend said that he had seen some snickers with different writing.

The opposite to FAITH - DOUBT - always has to be there. DO_U_BT (BT my initials :wink: )
Every time I was at the shops, I never ever found a single 1 snickers bar without just "SNICKERS" on it, and over the months my friends were the same...so considering I got the one "FOOLISH" after foolishly again crossing the line that God\sage had set just a few weeks earlier - ya very fucking slim odds.
Not slim odds, these are just temporary promotions. What would you have thought if you had gotten HATER instead of FOOLISH?