Reincarnation

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Reincarnation

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:24 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:00 pm Pretty certain you missed an 'L'
Yes, it looks like I did.
People don't analyse EVERYTHING for signs of anomalies.

The Tree of Knowledge:
Know that there is a Ledge when you eat from the Tree. KNOW_LEDGE.
BARK up the TREE of KNOW_LEDGE SAP - LEAVE.

A man's best friend is a Dog - reversed - God - BARK protects the tree. SAP (fool) feeds nutrients to the tree. LEAVES - leave the tree...do you twig?

All of the above is nothing logically to you is it Harbal? (coincidence at best)
I wouldn't even say there is a coincidence, because nothing significant is coinciding. You are just playing about with words, and only choosing the ones that suit you. Even then, what you end up with doesn't really mean anything.
Clearly I have overestimated U.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:39 pm Clearly I have overestimated U.
Sorry to be a disappointment, fishy. :(
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am"You were there."

You are NEVER NOT HERE.

There is no there, only HERE, you cannot get there from here.

If your reincarnation theory is true, that death lives again, then ultimately death is not a real, it's only an illusion, and that no soul ever died. Meaning, all of life is just the same one soul aka consciousness having many different experiences, that are constantly appearing and disappearing and reappearing infinitely forever in eternity. Many of ONE

You see Atto, there are many ways to put the TOTALITY of reality into words which is all there is to know in this conception.

''The view of totality, a view that holds all possible views as valid without limiting reality to any one of them. Rather than holding fast to any one ultimate truth, the view of totality recognizes that no single view or combination of views can exhaust the richness of reality. The view of totality includes all possible views—the dual, the nondual, the unilocal, the theistic, the scientific, the philosophic, and others—without reducing them to mere iterations of a single truth.''

Reality itself cannot be captured in a map...your map Atto is but one of many...that is the many of the ONE.

And ONE is without beginning nor end.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

So then my fellow distinguished philosophers of wisdom into the nature of reality...Are we all in agreement then? that if there is a you that reincarnates then ultimately this you never dies, and if this you never dies, then this you that never dies couldn't possibly have taken birth. This you would have had to always exist without beginning nor end infinitely for eternity.

Isn't that spiffing awesome and frightfully awful at the same time.

Please feel free to leave a comment down below.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:50 am
Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:01 pm I've been thinking about the possibility of reincarnation, and after much deliberation (one minute and twenty three seconds) I have concluded the notion to be utterly bonkers, and that's that. :roll:
I'm pretty certain this doco I watched years ago - and it just popped up in my youtube feed..I think you should watch Harbal (well, you started the thread 8) ).

An account of reincarnation: https://youtu.be/6B27WRX0Auw
Reincarnation is an interpretation that pertains only to substance dualism. (Like Descartes explained). Reincarnation is not a possible interpretation for people who believe a monist interpretation of what exists.

At the beginning of the video the parents are said to belong to a Xian sect. Much of the 'evidence' is the parents' interpretation of events.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:08 am So then my fellow distinguished philosophers of wisdom into the nature of reality...Are we all in agreement then?
NOT EXACTLY.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:08 am that if there is a you that reincarnates then ultimately this you never dies, and if this you never dies, then this you that never dies couldn't possibly have taken birth.
This does NOT logically follow AT ALL.

One can be born, but NEVER die. Exactly like what happens with 'you', and the 'soul'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:08 am This you would have had to always exist without beginning nor end infinitely for eternity.
But there is NO one of 'you' that could do this. There is ONLY thee one and ONLY One that could and DOES do this.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:08 am Isn't that spiffing awesome and frightfully awful at the same time.
No.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:08 am

Please feel free to leave a comment down below.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:18 am One can be born, but NEVER die. Exactly like what happens with 'you', and the 'soul'.
What, exactly is a soul, Age?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:23 am
Age wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:18 am One can be born, but NEVER die. Exactly like what happens with 'you', and the 'soul'.
To me, the word 'soul' is a word that refers to the invisible part of the human body. I say the individual 'person', 'self', or 'you', is within an individual human body and which is made up of the invisible 'thoughts' and the invisible 'emotions', only. While the human body is just made up of visible matter, only.

The 'you', 'self', or 'person', or in other words, the 'soul' of a body, keeps existing after the physical body has stopped breathing and stopped pumping blood, and has even decayed and formed into other 'matter'. The 'soul' does NOT exist as 'you', the 'person' and 'self' did, before the body decayed, where and when 'you' could keep learning and becoming 'anew', but exists in that 'it' can NOT go ANYWHERE ELSE in this One and ONLY Universe as well as existing in that 'it' has had an everlasting effect on "others", in some way or another.

Examples, explanations, and/or elaboration can be further provided, if sought.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:25 am
The 'you', 'self', or 'person', or in other words, the 'soul' of a body, keeps existing after the physical body has stopped breathing and stopped pumping blood,
What is the evidence that supports this assertion?
The 'soul' does NOT exist as 'you', the 'person' and 'self' did, before the body decayed, where and when 'you' could keep learning and becoming 'anew', but exists in that 'it' can NOT go ANYWHERE ELSE in this One and ONLY Universe as well as existing in that 'it' has had an everlasting effect on "others", in some way or another.
So, while the body is still alive, what is the relation between the soul and consciousness?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:01 pm I've been thinking about the possibility of reincarnation, and after much deliberation (one minute and twenty three seconds) I have concluded the notion to be utterly bonkers, and that's that. :roll:
How easily do you forget that time when we two marched with Caesar in his great victory against Vercingetorix at Alesia, my friend!!

Remeber!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:12 pm
How easily do you forget that time when we two marched with Caesar in his great victory against Vercingetorix at Alesia, my friend!!

Remeber!
Actually, now that you remind me, it does ring a bell.

:wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:18 am

One can be born, but NEVER die.
You'd have to already know you were born to be able to make that claim ''one can be born''

To know that one can be born, would automatically make it known in the same instance of knowing, that one can also die, simply because the knowledge of one's birth would be a totally meaningless concept without the contrast of distinction.

In knowing reincarnation for a person is a fact, then so too is the fact that no reincarnated person could ever die or live. If the person makes the claim it has experienced many lives then that person has never really died, and if that person never died, then that person cannot have had many lives either. But even this knowing, is all based in the knowledge of concepts, which is nothing more than a story the material brain is self creating.

There is no knowledge of birth and death, except what the brain creates out of it's artificial sense of self in it's own self created world of conception, an artificial conceptual separation where there is none in reality. In other words, the sense of separation was all likened to a dream, dreamt by nobody. Just as there is no one in a tree or a brickwall or the sun, or the moon.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:25 am
Harbal wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:23 am
To me, the word 'soul' is a word that refers to the invisible part of the human body. I say the individual 'person', 'self', or 'you', is within an individual human body and which is made up of the invisible 'thoughts' and the invisible 'emotions', only. While the human body is just made up of visible matter, only.

The 'you', 'self', or 'person', or in other words, the 'soul' of a body, keeps existing after the physical body has stopped breathing and stopped pumping blood, and has even decayed and formed into other 'matter'. The 'soul' does NOT exist as 'you', the 'person' and 'self' did, before the body decayed, where and when 'you' could keep learning and becoming 'anew', but exists in that 'it' can NOT go ANYWHERE ELSE in this One and ONLY Universe as well as existing in that 'it' has had an everlasting effect on "others", in some way or another.

Examples, explanations, and/or elaboration can be further provided, if sought.
I agree with Age. But I prefer not to use the word 'soul' in that context, because 'soul' has strong connotations of the supernatural. I prefer to use the word 'experience' for that which outlasts individual bodies and which cannot become nothing after death.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:27 pm I agree with Age. But I prefer not to use the word 'soul' in that context, because 'soul' has strong connotations of the supernatural. I prefer to use the word 'experience' for that which outlasts individual bodies and which cannot become nothing after death.
How do you know that an 'experience' outlasts the death of the physical individual body that was aware of the 'experience'?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:36 pm
Belinda wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:27 pm I agree with Age. But I prefer not to use the word 'soul' in that context, because 'soul' has strong connotations of the supernatural. I prefer to use the word 'experience' for that which outlasts individual bodies and which cannot become nothing after death.
How do you know that an 'experience' outlasts the death of the physical individual body that was aware of the 'experience'?
Experience is undeniable. For instance the experience of typing that last sentence is undeniable as I am not a robot. All experiences, including the experience of a tiny sparrow can't ever be un-experienced.