Anthropomorphism

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

Re: Anthropomorphism

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:07 pm
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:06 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:05 pm

And it was given in the only way possible, through verbal communication via conceptual langauge.

If you disagree with it, them make up your own description, perhaps that would help in so much as wanting to agree with it.
I asked for the description because I can't see it.
Not my problem.
I didn't say it was. Indeed, I made a point of saying that I know your post wasn't intended for me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:08 pm
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:06 pm

I asked for the description because I can't see it.
Not my problem.
I didn't say it was. Indeed, I made a point of saying that I know your post wasn't intended for me.
You may not be able to see it, but others may be able to see it. I see it.

And to be honest now, I do not see what it is you want me to say anymore. In fact you've completely lost me as to where this conversation is even going.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:12 pm

Not my problem.

And to be honest now, I do not see what it is you want me to say anymore. In fact you've completely lost me as to where this conversation is even going.
All I'm saying is that if people want me to respond to a post with a pic, they need to describe it for me. If not, that's fine too, and I won't respond.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm

All I'm saying is that if people want me to respond to a post with a pic, they need to describe it for me. If not, that's fine too, and I won't respond.
Ok, I'm sorry Maia.

I understand you cannot see the image I posted.

And to be fair I do not think I am qualified to be able to inform your non-seeing, in any other way than how I see it, which you have already disagreed with, so I think it is only fair I do not impose what only I am seeing on you as if it should be like that.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Ok, I'm sorry Maia.

And to be fair I do not think I am qualified to be able to inform your non-seeing, in any other way than how I see it, which you have already disagreed with, so I think it is only fair I do not impose what only I am seeing on you as if it should be like that.
A verbal description is fine.

As a general rule, I think direct experience is infinitely better than verbal description. But in some cases the latter is the only option available.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nonduality is a descriptive word, and as such, just one more concept.

“The Tao that can be spoken is not the true Tao”

No word can define 'what is', or every word defines 'it'. There is no way to get beyond concepts. And concepts know nothing.

Because a concept is always an object of knowing that cannot be known by an object.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:28 pm

Ok, I'm sorry Maia.

As a general rule, I think direct experience is infinitely better than verbal description. But in some cases the latter is the only option available.
Direct experience is completely non-verbal I agree.

But when asking for description of an image, silence is not always the answer one is asking for.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:35 pm

Ok, I'm sorry Maia.

But when asking for description of an image, silence is not always the answer one is asking for.
Silence is very much not the answer I'm hoping for, if I ask for a description. Why ask, otherwise?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:42 pm

Silence is very much not the answer I'm hoping for, if I ask for a description. Why ask, otherwise?
Silence speaks. It's up to the listener to hear what it's hearing. There is no force on earth that can make what is heard unheard.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:48 pm

Silence speaks. It's up to the listener to hear what it's hearing. There is no force on earth that can make what is heard unheard.
Well, if I ask for a description of something, that's exactly what I want.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:53 pm

Ok Maia. I hope you always get what you ask for, and be happy with it.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:00 pm

Thanks.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:00 pm

Thanks.
Anytime. :)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:02 pm
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 am

I know it wasn't intended for me, but for future reference, if anyone posts an image, and wants a response from me, can you describe it please?
It describes nothing is being everything. Because in knowledge, nothing cannot be understood, therefore nothing has to be everything.

And so there can only be everything. Which cannot have a beginning nor an ending, meaning that nothing is being everything infinitely for eternity.

Beginnings and Endings are only finite conceptual appearances of the Infinite...which are illusory.
Thanks. Well, if anyone posts a useful or interesting image, I'd appreciate a description.
Hi Maia, I don't know if DAM ever told you the words used in the image she posted:

"The perfect man employs his mind as a mirror;
it grasps nothing,
it refuses nothing,
it receives,
but does not keep."
-- Chuang Tzu
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:46 pm
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:02 pm

It describes nothing is being everything. Because in knowledge, nothing cannot be understood, therefore nothing has to be everything.

And so there can only be everything. Which cannot have a beginning nor an ending, meaning that nothing is being everything infinitely for eternity.

Beginnings and Endings are only finite conceptual appearances of the Infinite...which are illusory.
Thanks. Well, if anyone posts a useful or interesting image, I'd appreciate a description.
Hi Maia, I don't know if DAM ever told you the words used in the image she posted:

"The perfect man employs his mind as a mirror;
it grasps nothing,
it refuses nothing,
it receives,
but does not keep."
-- Chuang Tzu
Something lost in translation no doubt.