Anthropomorphism

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Anthropomorphism

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:05 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:58 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 pm And all this is also what’s happening. The speaking of the ineffable and the knowing of the unknowable is all what’s happening.
And you wrote a sentence here.
Suffering and pain matters because everything that ever is was and will be will always matter because matter is what’s happening. And there is nothing making what’s happening happen.
and then another one.
Yes, that’s what happens.
Obviously.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:11 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:58 pm And you wrote a sentence here.

and then another one.
Obviously.
Self evidently.

Nothing else to understand..back to chopping wood.

No spiritual practice required or dress rehearsal for what is always this immediate flow of life living itself all alone. As one unitary action.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dog owners themselves even say it (constantly): 'Aww, there's no such thing as a dangerous dog, only dangerous dog owners blah blah blah' as if dogs don't exist in their own right except through their moronic owners. 'We leave our baby alone with our rotties all the time. Baby must have spooked one of them which caused him to do that. It's all the baby's fault for crying like that. Poor rottie fur-baby. Doesn't deserve to be euthanised..'. Possibly not. Probably more helpful to euthanise the parents.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 pm Dog owners themselves even say it (constantly): 'Aww, there's no such thing as a dangerous dog, only dangerous dog owners blah blah blah' as if dogs don't exist in their own right except through their moronic owners. 'We leave our baby alone with our rotties all the time. Baby must have spooked one of them which caused him to do that. It's all the baby's fault for crying like that. Poor rottie fur-baby. Doesn't deserve to be euthanised..'. Possibly not. Probably more helpful to euthanise the parents.
Very true.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:15 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:11 pm

Obviously.
Self evidently.

Nothing else to understand..back to chopping wood.

No spiritual practice required or dress rehearsal for what is always this immediate flow of life living itself all alone. As one unitary action.
And, then, from that perspective, no reason to even continue or start such a thread, or post in it.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:23 pm Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human traits, emotions, or intentions to non-human entities. It is considered to be an innate tendency of human psychology.

Anthropomorphism is phenomena called psychosis which is rooted in separation where there is none.
Awakening is rooted in unification, when the sense that I am is also known as the sense I am not.
Both knowing and not-knowing are one and the same knowing, in the very instant of knowing.
I know, but I do not know how I know.
I only know I know nothing. And nothing never be understood, and can only be understood to mean everything.

When one thing is known, everything is known.
Within this inconceivable conception, what is not yet known, will eventually become known.
But what is unknowable, will never be known.

Knowledge therefore, can only point to the illusory nature of reality, and that ultimately reality is unknowable.

Even the known concept of a 'human entity' is a non-entity.
Dontaskme,

Very interesting post, I think in some sense ultimate reality can be known, known as energy and a place of no things/objects. Anthropomorphism is interesting on a couple of levels, perhaps a natural inclination to being connected to the reality expressed as being at one with the world not being in the world but being of it. The concept brings us closer to treating the world with greater respect if not taken as a misconception. Anthropomorphism can work both ways, in writing for example it gives more power to nature so that it can be more easily understood as in a RAGING of the SEA, or the stillness of my melancholy in the doldrums of my heart. It definitely leands power to a writer's ability to bring an experience to life for the reader. I know a great many people consider it a violation of reason, but it just may be hinting at a metaphysical reality that perhaps people who live closer to nature might not find so odd. Personally, I am with the latter, as the Upanishads state, "Thou Art That." worth meditating on for a time.
Last edited by popeye1945 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 pm Dog owners themselves even say it (constantly): 'Aww, there's no such thing as a dangerous dog, only dangerous dog owners blah blah blah' as if dogs don't exist in their own right except through their moronic owners. 'We leave our baby alone with our rotties all the time. Baby must have spooked one of them which caused him to do that. It's all the baby's fault for crying like that. Poor rottie fur-baby. Doesn't deserve to be euthanised..'. Possibly not. Probably more helpful to euthanise the parents.
You've got some dumb dog owners down in NZ. I have never heard a dog owner say that. Let alone one saying it (constantly). It's even poor anthropomorphizing.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence---not to mention galactically stupid!
Last edited by popeye1945 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:58 pm And you wrote a sentence here.

...and then another one.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:05 pm Yes, that’s what happens.
Fascinating discussion.
vegetariantaxidermy

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:58 pm
You've got some dumb dog owners down in NZ. I have never heard a dog owner say that. Let alone one saying it (constantly). It's even poor anthropomorphizing.
Couldn't just be this country.
There's also 'no such thing as dangerous dog breeds' repeated ad nauseum. Gee. I wonder why the Nazis didn't use chihuahuas in the concentration camps.
While it's true that any 'individual' dog can have a nasty disposition, which would you rather be attacked by if you had the choice: a chihuahua or a bull mastiff? I read recently that being attacked by a mastiff or a rottweiler is akin to being attacked by a bear, so forget any ideas about fingers in butt holes being any use whatsoever...
vegetariantaxidermy

popeye1945 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:14 pm Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence---not to mention galactically stupid!
It's not exactly uncommon.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:36 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:14 pm Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence---not to mention galactically stupid!
It's not exactly uncommon.
Perhaps some jail time might help!!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence..."

You know the animal is prolly thinkin the same thing; please don't leave me alone with that kid!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:23 am "Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence..."

You know the animal is prolyl thinking the same thing; please don't leave me alone with that kid!
Promethean,

LOL!!!! True, but if something disastrous happens they are not coming after the parents of the kid for whatever the kid does to the animal.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:23 am "Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence..."

You know the animal is prolly thinkin the same thing; please don't leave me alone with that kid!
Right, because a baby can do so much damage to a rottweiler.