Anthropomorphism

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Anthropomorphism

Post by Iwannaplato »

Maia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:52 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:49 pm
Maia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:44 pm

And animals themselves clearly do it too, since they can easily pick up on one's mood.
Yes. They tend to be less cluttered. As a bit of a tangent, I love those service dogs that can sense an oncoming seizure and go to their person and get them to sit or lie down. They can sense more than the person can him or herself.
Definitely. I know a lot of people who have guide dogs and they are incredibly clever and emotionally sensitive.
I think it is very good for humans to be around animals. Because we tend to focus on words too much. With animals you can use your voice and yes, many animals recognize a number of words, but much of the dialogue is non-verbal. And the body, the tone of voice, the posture, the facial expression, that's all the iceberg under the tip of the words we use. So, I think being with animals gives us, reminds us of skills we need with other humans.

And then they are not just like us. Each animal type gives us a different way of living, interacting, communicating, experiencing. I learn a lot around animals, though right now there are not enough around me.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:00 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:49 pm
Yes. They tend to be less cluttered. As a bit of a tangent, I love those service dogs that can sense an oncoming seizure and go to their person and get them to sit or lie down. They can sense more than the person can him or herself.
Definitely. I know a lot of people who have guide dogs and they are incredibly clever and emotionally sensitive.
I think it is very good for humans to be around animals. Because we tend to focus on words too much. With animals you can use your voice and yes, many animals recognize a number of words, but much of the dialogue is non-verbal. And the body, the tone of voice, the posture, the facial expression, that's all the iceberg under the tip of the words we use. So, I think being with animals gives us, reminds us of skills we need with other humans.

And then they are not just like us. Each animal type gives us a different way of living, interacting, communicating, experiencing. I learn a lot around animals, though right now there are not enough around me.
A more ancient and innate way of communicating, which comes as naturally to us, as it does the animals.

Animals also adapt their behaviour when communicating with different types of other animal. Cats only meow at humans, for example, not other cats. Or at least adult ones do, anyway.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Maia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:00 pm

A more ancient and innate way of communicating, which comes as naturally to us, as it does the animals.

Animals also adapt their behaviour when communicating with different types of other animal. Cats only meow at humans, for example, not other cats. Or at least adult ones do, anyway.
That might be because they still think of us as sort-of-parents.

I noticed that animals in other cultures are also different. I noticed this in India and also Thailand. The dogs in Thailand where I was were not quite pets. They lived outside mostly. They did get food from their humans, but it was more like a salary or something. They would guard the property lines, though not viciously, and warn about people coming, especially at night. They were more social with each other than with humans. It was funny teaching a few of the ones my wife and I met how to interact in a more Western way. We would come and scritch their necks and heads and at first they found this rather odd and perhaps disrespectful. But later they decided it was even positive. It was lovely walking down the beaches and getting greeted by this regal dogs who would see us across to the invisible next line ending their property.

On the evening when we were going to leave to island after a year of living there for the first time a number of them came and visited us where we lived. (which completely upset the dogs connected to where we lived) It was very much as if they knew we were leaving. They woke us up with their whining, spent some time with us, then left back to their own property.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:15 pm
Maia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:00 pm I think it is very good for humans to be around animals. Because we tend to focus on words too much. With animals you can use your voice and yes, many animals recognize a number of words, but much of the dialogue is non-verbal. And the body, the tone of voice, the posture, the facial expression, that's all the iceberg under the tip of the words we use. So, I think being with animals gives us, reminds us of skills we need with other humans.

That might be because they still think of us as sort-of-parents.

I noticed that animals in other cultures are also different. I noticed this in India and also Thailand. The dogs in Thailand where I was were not quite pets. They lived outside mostly. They did get food from their humans, but it was more like a salary or something. They would guard the property lines, though not viciously, and warn about people coming, especially at night. They were more social with each other than with humans. It was funny teaching a few of the ones my wife and I met how to interact in a more Western way. We would come and scritch their necks and heads and at first they found this rather odd and perhaps disrespectful. But later they decided it was even positive. It was lovely walking down the beaches and getting greeted by this regal dogs who would see us across to the invisible next line ending their property.

On the evening when we were going to leave to island a year for the first time a number of them came and visited us where we lived. (which completely upset the dogs connected to where we lived) It was very much as if they knew we were leaving. They woke us up with their whining, spent some time with us, then left back to their own property.
Yes, I'm sure cats do think of us as parents.

That's a very interesting story about the dogs. They are very clever creatures, and are often underestimated, I think, and taken for granted. Though having said that, I'm definitely a cat person myself.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Maia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:26 pm...
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:15 pm...
These wonderful beings that we get to interact with and share our lives with... even goats and chickens and all kinds of wild critters coming and going. Connections and communication are happening and growing despite our differences. I love that!

And yes, it's fascinating when dogs or cats see or sense some kind of energy that we cannot. Is it because they have no ego or fear or preconception getting in the way? Might we, too, be able to get 'clear' enough to sense such energy?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

A completely misused word. There is no such thing as 'human emotions'. Emotions are emotions.
I also think dogs are a poor example to use. They aren't even a 'real' animal. Humans have created them artificially and turned them into creatures that they would never have evolved into naturally. Perhaps that's why having dogs seems to turn humans into such nut-jobs who like to use naurseating terms like 'fur babies' to describe them.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:22 pm
These wonderful beings that we get to interact with and share our lives with... even goats and chickens and all kinds of wild critters coming and going. Connections and communication are happening and growing despite our differences. I love that!

And yes, it's fascinating when dogs or cats see or sense some kind of energy that we cannot. Is it because they have no ego or fear or preconception getting in the way? Might we, too, be able to get 'clear' enough to sense such energy?
I'm sure they do sense things that we can't, and are more attuned to the natural rhythms and energies of the earth.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:22 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:27 pm Great, so now we can just flush all the blah blah blah down the toilet where it belongs.
Wow, judgmental, was that the blah, blah of DAM or something I said that belongs in the toilet?
No one can predict or know what is going to happen next because nothing happens until it happens and there's not a thing that can do anything about that.
Well, there goes science.
What Dam and Iwannaplato have said has already passed in the flow, or is frozen in time in the timeless now. Everything spoken of the ineffable is blah blah blah and what’s known to have passed as human words in the flow is what’s happening. And no attributed thing such as human qualities can impose upon what is happening although that too is what is happening.

Nothing is happening and that which appears as interpretations of what’s happening is also what’s happening that no thing is making happen.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Human beings frequently attribute anthropomorphic features, motivations and behaviors to animals, artifacts, and natural phenomena.

This phenomenon is just what’s happening and there is no thing that is making what is happening happen.

The appearance that Human beings frequently attribute anthropomorphic features, motivations and behaviors to animals, artifacts, and natural phenomena is apparently within the dream of separation which is an illusion.

This is all this thread is pointing to, for no reason or purpose but is just what’s happening.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:22 pm

We're very distracted. Thoughts, all the media we indulge in that leaves traces all over the rest of the day, worries, fantasies, planning.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:23 pm Everything spoken of the ineffable is blah blah blah
Yeah, so, I'll speak about the effable. Not psychotic to anthorpomorphize.
I always knew when my dog wanted to go out. In the North can get real cold and there are some small birds that stay. I don't know how they keep their blood from freezing. If I move real slow and talk to them, they will, if I am very patient, land on me.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:23 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:22 pm Wow, judgmental, was that the blah, blah of DAM or something I said that belongs in the toilet?

Well, there goes science.
What Dam and Iwannaplato have said has already passed in the flow, or is frozen in time in the timeless now. Everything spoken of the ineffable is blah blah blah and what’s known to have passed as human words in the flow is what’s happening. And no attributed thing such as human qualities can impose upon what is happening although that too is what is happening.

Nothing is happening and that which appears as interpretations of what’s happening is also what’s happening that no thing is making happen.
There's so much more life in what others are posting. I'm sorry. It's seems very partial all your neo-Eastern abstraction. A part of the human posing as something greater than the whole.
There is only what’s happening and what’s happening is infinitely everything that could possibly be happening right now all at once one without a second….including this.

It all matters greatly to itself alone, all one.

Everything matters because that’s what’s happening.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:23 pm Everything spoken of the ineffable is blah blah blah
Yeah, so, I'll speak about the effable. Not psychotic to anthorpomorphize.
I always knew when my dog wanted to go out. In the North can get real cold and there are some small birds that stay. I don't know how they keep their blood from freezing. If I move real slow and talk to them, they will, if I am very patient, land on me.
And all this is also what’s happening. The speaking of the ineffable and the knowing of the unknowable is all what’s happening.

Suffering and pain matters because everything that ever is was and will be will always matter because matter is what’s happening. And there is nothing making what’s happening happen.

Just to emphasise the concern about the suffering and pain of being a sentient feeling creature is also what’s happening even the desire for the cessation of pain and suffering through extinction is what’s happening….and consciousness cannot negate itself. Being conscious of being conscious is what’s happening and what’s happening cannot unhappen or negate whats happening.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 pm And all this is also what’s happening. The speaking of the ineffable and the knowing of the unknowable is all what’s happening.
And you wrote a sentence here.
Suffering and pain matters because everything that ever is was and will be will always matter because matter is what’s happening. And there is nothing making what’s happening happen.
and then another one.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:58 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 pm And all this is also what’s happening. The speaking of the ineffable and the knowing of the unknowable is all what’s happening.
And you wrote a sentence here.
and then another one.
Yes, that’s what happens.