Anthropomorphism

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Anthropomorphism

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:48 am What it doesn't want to see, it calls stuff that belongs in the toilet and blah, blah, blah.
Opinions have no permanence. Like winter they pass away. Where-ever there is silence; that is you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:12 am Sometimes I just mirror.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am
I know it wasn't intended for me, but for future reference, if anyone posts an image, and wants a response from me, can you describe it please?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

popeye1945 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:56 pm I think in some sense ultimate reality can be known, known as energy and a place of no things/objects.
In a conceptual sense yes, but only as concept in this conception. Energy is a concept known. However, that which is known knows nothing, which leaves only everything as being this knowing that cannot be known.

Anything known cannot become unknown. But it is not known what knowing is because knowing is the only knowing there is and you are this knowing.

For further inquiry into Knowing the Unknown and Unknowing the Known....read here....https://www.vedanet.com/knowing-the-unk ... nown/2020/

The Great Unknown and Self-evident Mystery

What then is the unknown, not as something the mind has yet to know but what the mind can never know? The great unknown is pure Seeing and Being in the present, not as a moment of time but as the presence of pure consciousness beyond the mind. The unknown is direct awareness that cannot be circumscribed by name, form and number. The unknown has no conceptual content, and can only be directly experienced, not defined in the field of the mind. It puts the mind to rest.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 am
I know it wasn't intended for me, but for future reference, if anyone posts an image, and wants a response from me, can you describe it please?
It describes nothing is being everything. Because in knowledge, nothing cannot be understood, therefore nothing has to be everything.

And so there can only be everything. Which cannot have a beginning nor an ending, meaning that nothing is being everything infinitely for eternity.

Beginnings and Endings are only finite conceptual appearances of the Infinite...which are illusory.

Mind just means there is an identification with a concept known, but this known knows nothing of it's existence because no thing knows every concept as every thing.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:02 pm
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 am

It describes nothing is being everything. Because in knowledge, nothing cannot be understood, therefore nothing has to be everything.

And so there can only be everything. Which cannot have a beginning nor an ending, meaning that nothing is being everything infinitely for eternity.

Beginnings and Endings are only finite conceptual appearances of the Infinite...which are illusory.
Thanks. Well, if anyone posts a useful or interesting image, I'd appreciate a description.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:08 pm
Thanks. Well, if anyone posts a useful or interesting image, I'd appreciate a description.
A description will be all you can know about any image because every seen image is an image of the imageless, and is completely open to interpretation and is never a prescriptive of how it should be.

Reality is always a presentation never a representation.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:18 pm
A description will be all you can know about any image because every seen image is an image of the imageless, and is completely open to interpretation and is never a prescriptive of how it should be.

I disagree. I think our senses give us a far more detailed representation of the world than a verbal description.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:26 pm

I disagree. I think our senses give us a far more detailed representation of the world than a verbal description.
You asked for a discription of the image, which was given via verbal context using language, the only way it could have been delivered.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:54 pm

You asked for a discription of the image, which was given via verbal context using language, the only way it could have been delivered.
You seemed to be making a more general point about perception in general.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:57 pm

Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:58 pm

Yes, I did.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:02 pm

Yes, I did.
And it was given in the only way possible, through verbal communication via conceptual langauge.

If you disagree with it, them make up your own description, perhaps that would help in so much as wanting to agree with it.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Yes, I did.
And it was given in the only way possible, through verbal communication via conceptual langauge.

If you disagree with it, them make up your own description, perhaps that would help in so much as wanting to agree with it.
I asked for the description because I can't see it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:06 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Yes, I did.

I asked for the description because I can't see it.
Not my problem.