Anthropomorphism

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Anthropomorphism

Post by popeye1945 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:38 am
promethean75 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:23 am "Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence..."

You know the animal is prolly thinkin the same thing; please don't leave me alone with that kid!
Right, because a baby can do so much damage to a rottweiler.
Regardless, the point is made, criminal negligence on the part of the parent.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:52 am
promethean75 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:23 am "Leaving a child and/or infant alone with an animal is criminal Negligence..."

You know the animal is prolly thinkin the same thing; please don't leave me alone with that kid!
Regardless, the point is made, criminal negligence on the part of the parent.
Not the entire point, actually.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

:lol:

Evil strong babies wreaking havoc!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"LOL!!!! True, but if something disastrous happens they are not coming after the parents of the kid for whatever the kid does to the animal."

that's exactly why i think in cases of dog attacks, civil action and/or criminal charges should be brought against the dog's parents, not the dog. it's only fair.

what if the dog had a rough puppyhood and came from a broken home? Dad's an authoritative, angry old retired police dog with developing hip dysplasia who lays on the porch all day barking at an unfaithful mom who's across the street getting it on with the neighbor's Collie.... doggystyle, as it were.

I'd be dysfunctional, misbehaved and violent too if i had a mom and dad like that, I'm sure.

the issue is they don't have social services for dogs and their familes... therapists that help dogs and their litters with their problems. and since a lot of antisocial behavior can be seen in very young adolescent dogs, interventions can really be effective.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:34 pm Couldn't just be this country.
I'm sure there are idiotic dog owners elsewhere. There are so many idiotic people. But this...
Dog owners themselves even say it (constantly): 'Aww, there's no such thing as a dangerous dog, only dangerous dog owners blah blah blah' as if dogs don't exist in their own right except through their moronic owners. 'We leave our baby alone with our rotties all the time. Baby must have spooked one of them which caused him to do that. It's all the baby's fault for crying like that. Poor rottie fur-baby. Doesn't deserve to be euthanised..'. Possibly not. Probably more helpful to euthanise the parents.
made it sound like a rule.
There's also 'no such thing as dangerous dog breeds' repeated ad nauseum. Gee. I wonder why the Nazis didn't use chihuahuas in the concentration camps.
The size obviously and the dogs they chose are more trainable and tending towards aggression. But chihuahuas are a very aggressive dog. They are much more likely dog to bite than most dog breeds, but the poor things just aren't as effective at hurting people as they'd like.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:15 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:58 pm And you wrote a sentence here.

...and then another one.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:05 pm Yes, that’s what happens.
Fascinating discussion.
I know. Sometimes I just mirror. I mean, is this really what this person wants to do, say that our posts are happening.
vegetariantaxidermy

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:11 am But chihuahuas are a very aggressive dog. They are much more likely dog to bite than most dog breeds, but the poor things just aren't as effective at hurting people as they'd like.
Exactly what those kind of morons say. It's hardly the point.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:58 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:11 am But chihuahuas are a very aggressive dog. They are much more likely dog to bite than most dog breeds, but the poor things just aren't as effective at hurting people as they'd like.
You mean you didn't know that Chichuahuas were aggressive dogs? Of course owners are responsible for the damage their dogs do. What was the point, in the context of this thread, of bringing up aggressive dogs and their stupid owners?
vegetariantaxidermy

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:58 am
You mean you didn't know that Chichuahuas were aggressive dogs? Of course owners are responsible for the damage their dogs do. What was the point, in the context of this thread, of bringing up aggressive dogs and their stupid owners?
Funny. Why aren't they on any 'dangerous dog breed' list then? How many people have been killed by a chihuahua? The point is that if a dog like a chihuaua is aggressive then it's not going to do a lot of damage. Fucking idiot.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

double post
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:55 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:15 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:11 pm Obviously.
Self evidently.

Nothing else to understand..back to chopping wood.

No spiritual practice required or dress rehearsal for what is always this immediate flow of life living itself all alone. As one unitary action.
And, then, from that perspective, no reason to even continue or start such a thread, or post in it.
Starting threads and posting is what's happening.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:52 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:15 pm

Self evidently.

Nothing else to understand..back to chopping wood.

No spiritual practice required or dress rehearsal for what is always this immediate flow of life living itself all alone. As one unitary action.
And, then, from that perspective, no reason to even continue or start such a thread, or post in it.
Oh, so much more is happening. But I see that you chose to focus on that.
This is a bit like if someone sees two people kissing or fighting and says 'Organic matter is colliding'
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:04 am
This is a bit like if someone sees two people kissing or fighting and says 'Organic matter is colliding'
This too is what's happening. There is no you separate from what's happening.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:20 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:04 am

This too is what's happening. There is no you separate from what's happening.
So, as far as I can see, non-dualism has turned you into a depthless observer of surfaces. The trivial cataloguing of one aspect of the real.
Yes, when it is pointed out, the other things that are happening, you acknowledge they are happening. But the focus is on surfaces and abstraction. A cameras view of reality and a very generalizing camera at that. What it doesn't want to see, it calls stuff that belongs in the toilet and blah, blah, blah. Which may be just what this camera wants to flush away so much of what is happening. And so it is fine for that camera.

And I do appreciate getting to see this happening. I have wondered why some cameras choose this direction and also why it has felt so lifeless to me. I do honor gut feelings, but it can be wonderful to also understand on other levels.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:48 am
Oh, so much more is happening.