The Earth god and the Sky god

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

The Earth god and the Sky god

Post by Gary Childress »

If the Earth God dwells in the heart of the Earth and the Sky God in the heavens "above", then should we favor one over the other? The Earth God perhaps holds the destiny of our fragile planet. The Sky God might presumably hold the destiny of our species beyond it. The Earth God is cynical, conservative, and doesn't believe technology is the answer to everything. The Sky God is positivist, progressive and asks us to push toward the stars.

Might the two disagree at times? Does the Sky God not favor the Sky over Earth and the Earth God the Earth under the sky? Might the Earth God resemble us, the beings that sprouted from the ground? And might the Sky God resemble whoever reaches further into the sky? And whoever reaches further into the sky is favored by the Sky God and whoever tends to the ground is favored by the Earth God.

Which God would you favor if the above were to be the case?
Maia

Re: The Earth god and the Sky god

Post by Maia »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm If the Earth God dwells in the heart of the Earth and the Sky God in the heavens "above", then should we favor one over the other? The Earth God perhaps holds the destiny of our fragile planet. The Sky God might presumably hold the destiny of our species beyond it. The Earth God is cynical, conservative, and doesn't believe technology is the answer to everything. The Sky God is positivist, progressive and asks us to push toward the stars.

Might the two disagree at times? Does the Sky God not favor the Sky over Earth and the Earth God the Earth under the sky? Might the Earth God resemble us, the beings that sprouted from the ground? And might the Sky God resemble whoever reaches further into the sky? And whoever reaches further into the sky is favored by the Sky God and whoever tends to the ground is favored by the Earth God.

The earth god is usually regarded as a goddess, nurturing and protective. Mother nature.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Maia wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:45 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm If the Earth God dwells in the heart of the Earth and the Sky God in the heavens "above", then should we favor one over the other? The Earth God perhaps holds the destiny of our fragile planet. The Sky God might presumably hold the destiny of our species beyond it. The Earth God is cynical, conservative, and doesn't believe technology is the answer to everything. The Sky God is positivist, progressive and asks us to push toward the stars.

The earth god is usually regarded as a goddess, nurturing and protective. Mother nature.
You're right. My bad.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Although, I do wonder if mother nature should be regarded as "nurturing and protective". I mean, just about everything alive seems to eat something else that is alive in order to stay alive.

I think we need a new God or a new set of them or whatever. Between climate, pollution, disease, and war the world is getting mighty ugly these days and it's not like we humans can easily solve these problems on our own. These problems seem to transcend our abilities.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

what we need is a god through which we can revere and celebrate the essential nature of creation... that violent madness, chaos, dissolution and destruction that everywhere surrounds us, gary.

we need a Dionysus. who among you might lead us to him?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:17 pm Although, I do wonder if mother nature should be regarded as "nurturing and protective". I mean, just about everything alive seems to eat something else that is alive in order to stay alive.
Compare earth with space. It nurtured all the life that we know of so far. And if it suddenly wasn't there, we'd be in space.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm If the Earth God dwells in the heart of the Earth and the Sky God in the heavens "above", then should we favor one over the other?
If one THINKS there is a so-called "Earth God' and/or a "Sky God", then HOW does that one DEFINE those two 'things', EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm The Earth God perhaps holds the destiny of our fragile planet. The Sky God might presumably hold the destiny of our species beyond it. The Earth God is cynical, conservative, and doesn't believe technology is the answer to everything. The Sky God is positivist, progressive and asks us to push toward the stars.
Or, they could BOTH be ANY number of OTHER 'things' AS WELL.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm Might the two disagree at times?
'you', "gary childress", have CREATED these MADE UP 'things', through your OWN IMAGINATION, so do they disagree at times?

ONLY 'you' would KNOW.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm Does the Sky God not favor the Sky over Earth and the Earth God the Earth under the sky? Might the Earth God resemble us, the beings that sprouted from the ground? And might the Sky God resemble whoever reaches further into the sky? And whoever reaches further into the sky is favored by the Sky God and whoever tends to the ground is favored by the Earth God.
ALL of this is DEPENDED UPON 'you' ALONE. They are, after all, of YOUR CREATION, ALONE.

So, how about 'you' TELL 'us'?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm Which God would you favor if the above were to be the case?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:17 pm

Although, I do wonder if mother nature should be regarded as "nurturing and protective". I mean, just about everything alive seems to eat something else that is alive in order to stay alive.

I think we need a new God or a new set of them or whatever. Between climate, pollution, disease, and war the world is getting mighty ugly these days and it's not like we humans can easily solve these problems on our own. These problems seem to transcend our abilities.
LOL LOOK AT 'who' are the ACTUAL ones who are CREATING those things, and what you MIGHT find MIGHT surprise 'you'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:38 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:17 pm Although, I do wonder if mother nature should be regarded as "nurturing and protective". I mean, just about everything alive seems to eat something else that is alive in order to stay alive.
Compare earth with space. It nurtured all the life that we know of so far. And if it suddenly wasn't there, we'd be in space.
I suppose that's true. Compared with the hell that is everywhere else in the universe I guess the Earth is a utopian hatchery full of species digesting each other.
Maia

Post by Maia »

The life force itself lives on. Once it was brought into being, from the earth, life has grown ever stronger. I suspect it will spread from the earth to the entire universe.
Walker

Post by Walker »

If you had a new God, you would just blame that new God for all your troubles.

Of course, you could always change in a way that causes you to perceive situations, rather than problems. Be prepared for a battle with your ego if you're to evolve into experiencing spontaneous perception of situations rather than spontaneous perception of problems, which at your age is a battle you're likely to lose.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I personally would favor no God over 'my' God. Also, it seems very obvious to me, that everything that has ever existed has existed long before I ever showed up to judge or condemn it as having complete control over my destiny. I personally do not think I am that important to be even given the luxury of preference over one God for another.

At least with No God on my conscience, I could then at least have a chance to get out of my own way and forever dwell in the cloud of unknowing which would be more familiar to me than say any other place of residence that my imagination whips up out of thin air.

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:52 pm

If you had a new God, you would just blame that new God for all your troubles.

Of course, you could always change in a way that causes you to perceive situations, rather than problems. Be prepared for a battle with your ego if you're to evolve into experiencing spontaneous perception of situations rather than spontaneous perception of problems, which at your age is a battle you're likely to lose.
Walker, you're such a poser. Go fuck yourself.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:10 pm At least with No God on my conscience, I could then at least have a chance to get out of my own way
Nicely said!