Armed activists show up to library and demand they ban books

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Armed activists show up to library and demand they ban books

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:54 pm In response to the Drag Queen picture.

RuPauls Drag Race TV series, originated in America.

Greek theatre began in the 6th century BCE in Athens with the performance of tragedy plays at religious festivals.

The theatre of Ancient Greece flourished between 550 BC and 220 BC. A festival honouring the god Dionysus was held in Athens, out of which three dramatic genres emerged: tragedy, comedy and the satyr play.

How did drag culture start?The origin of drag can be traced back to the days of antic theatre. Back then women were not allowed to play male roles, which is why men had to disguise themselves into female characters.
How does it LOGICALLY follow that "men" HAD TO disguise "themselves" into female characters BECAUSE "women" were not allowed to play "male" roles"?

Did you ACTUALLY MEAN "women" were not allowed to play "female" roles?

If no, then HOW, EXACTLY, does your sentence follow, LOGICALLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:54 pm It is believed that the term drag originated from the theatre as well.

We are all actors on a stage
And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages.

The Devil is here to stay.

Sorry she has to play her part too.

Grief is the price you pay for love.

SHE is Love.

There is nothing wrong with you. Now go live an extraordinary life.

Even parents molest their own kids, it's called life. There is no way out. Unless, you stop procreating.
We are, VERY SLOWLY, getting to SEE the True picture of the life of the one here known as "dontaskme".

And, from which WHY the name "don't ask me" speaks for itself. That is; WHEN one has be sexually ABUSED by their own family members, and that ABUSE was NOT WANTED, then they do NOT want to be "asked about WHAT HAPPENED", because of the stigma that is attached with 'that'.

Which, Honestly, I do NOT understand the 'stigmas', which 'you', adult human beings, put on 'things', which happen TO children. But anyway, although these people do NOT want to be "asked about IT", they STILL have a DESIRE to SPEAK about IT, and be FINALLY HEARD, and more importantly FINALLY UNDERSTOOD.

Oh, and by the way, "dontaskme", I DO UNDERSTAND FAR MORE ALREADY, than you YET REALIZE.

OF COURSE, I do NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND, because 'you' have NOT YET SHARED EVERY thing, and I KNOW 'you' NEVER WILL here. But just understand that I do UNDERSTAND MORE than you think I do.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:54 pm Support Anti-Natalism if you are disgusted.

The harm of coming into existence, to be or not to be, that is the question, you decide if it's worth paying the price. This is not rocket science.
Although ALL children ARE ABUSED, and ALL ABUSE IS, OBVIOUSLY, Wrong, NOT ALL ABUSE is UNWANTED.
So, the HARM that is CAUSED by ALL ABUSE does NOT necessarily cause one to HATE 'living', like 'you' OBVIOUSLY DO, "dontaskme".

WHY 'you' HATE 'living' SO MUCH "dontaskme" is ALREADY Truly UNDERSTOOD and is Truly JUSTIFIED, but if you just REFRAINED from 'trying to' PUT your perspective into "others" as though this is how they SHOULD SEE 'life' and 'living' also, then you might STOP and SEE and NOTICE that although you are Truly JUSTIFIED to have YOUR VIEW of things, NOT ALL children SUFFERED the way 'you' OBVIOUSLY DID, and SO they HAVE NOT and WILL NOT grow up thinking NOR believing that children WILL BE HARMED AND DAMAGED, like you OBVIOUSLY DO.

A LOT of these "other" people, to you, ACTUALLY do NOT even YET RECOGNIZE that they were ONCE ABUSED, and HAVE BEEN HARMED AND DAMAGED.

NOT YET, anyway.

Post by Age »

Just so it is CLEAR, "dontaskme" CHANGED that post to "pointless ..." BEFORE "dontaskme" read the reply I just made to what was previously said and written, but has now CHANGED.

I could go on and explain about how people Truly do WANT to SHARE what happened to them, especially when they were children, to 'you', adult human beings, but because of some of the ways ABUSE by 'you', adults, onto children is INSIDIOUSLY INSTILLED INTO children, then even as adults they do NOT feel COMFORTABLE ENOUGH to share with 'you', AT ALL, about WHAT HAPPENED TO them, by 'you', adult human beings. After all 'you' can be the MOST HIDEOUS and CRUELEST things on earth. In fact it is ONLY 'you', adult human beings, who are the MOST, and the ONLY, HIDEOUS and CRUELEST 'things', on earth.

Even though there is the DEEPEST DESIRE to SHARE, to FREE "themselves" of ALL the GUILT that was PUT INTO 'them', as children, by 'you' adults, there is STILL the SHAME of SHARING, which again, and VERY SADLY, is CAUSED, AGAIN, by 'you', adults, ALSO. But as just SEEN the WANT TO SHARE does ALLOW 'things' to SLIP OUT from time to time.

Their, adult INSTILLED and CAUSED, FEAR and HATRED of the human adult, CAUSES them to WITHDRAW and TAKE BACK what they HAD, accidentally or unintentionally, just let SLIP OUT, as just OBSERVED, ONCE AGAIN here. A "freudian slip", as some may know 'it' or call 'it'.

But most of you do NOT even RECOGNIZE and NOTICE when things like this HAPPEN.

Now, even though I could go on about the above, and more, I WILL NOT.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:37 pm
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:14 pm And ALL you had to do was just ask me what I BELIEVE and/or DISBELIEVE.
I learn best through back and forth with concrete examples as they occur.
As long as one ARRIVES at the True, Right, or Correct CONCLUSIONS, then ANY WAY is sufficient.

But from what I have observed you have NOT YET arrived at the Right CONCLUSIONS here. But because you will NOT answer my questions posed to you for CLARIFICATION, we will NEVER KNOW if you HAVE or NOT.

Also, I have found that when 'you', adults, become Truly OPEN and Honest human beings, AGAIN, then ONLY ONE back and forth question and answer is usually NEEDED to FIND and UNCOVER thee One and ONLY ACTUAL Truth of things. Whereas, from what I have OBSERVED 'your way' has only led you to the False, Wrong, and Incorrect CONCLUSION.

But anyway, each to their own.
YET you asked so MANY OFF-TOPIC questions to me.
Yes, I was interested then. And now I want to do something else.
Is this what that other human being named "plato" would have done?
I am not named Plato,just to be clear, not that you believed I was named that.
I NEVER even thought you were called 'that', let alone even SAID or SUGGESTED that ANYWHERE here.

You appear to have MISREAD my words, ONCE AGAIN.
Well, I didn't misread it, but my deep, deep apologies if I misunderstood. I read this....
If 'you' REALLY 'wanna be plato', then you would HAVE TO DO what "plato" would do.
and
Is this what that other human being named "plato" would have done?
where you refer to 'that other person named plato. I didn't know there was a third person in some way named plato.
What does "third person" mean or refer to, to you?

WHY did you introduce a "third person" here?

Also, this could be EXACTLY WHY I said, 'You appear to have MISREAD my words, ONCE AGAIN'.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:37 pm That other person being Plato of old. I missed who this third person was, given that it appears I wasn't one of the two indicated by that sentence.
This "third person" appears to be of your OWN making ONLY. This is because I have NEVER referred to ANY so-called "third person".
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:37 pm Well, I am sure you can see how it might have been written more clearly and I am sorry for any misunderstanding my part.
What you are, SUPPOSEDLY, 'sure' of here is just Wrong, from my perspective. I am YET to be SHOWN how I could have written ANY thing MORE CLEARLY.

From my perspective, you just MISREAD, and thus MISUNDERSTOOD, what I SAID and WROTE above.

Are you AWARE and SO SURE that you could have written MORE CLEARLY, ALSO? Or, does your 'sureness' only work ONE WAY?

There is NEVER a NEED to be 'sorry' for ANY misunderstanding, on your part, BUT if you are going to CLAIM that I am sure I can SEE HOW I could have written MORE CLEARLY, then what you are REALLY SAYING and SHOWING is that you are NOT so-called 'sorry' AT ALL for the MISUNDERSTANDING that you MADE, and instead it was REALLY ALL OF MY FAULT for your OWN MISUNDERSTANDING.
What was your explanation, elsewhere, in another thread?

Or, WHY did you choose that label/name/moniker?
It's mainly a private joke and homage to a beloved friend who passed. Decades ago we played with the Abbott and Costello Who's on first? comedy routine, but using philosophers' names. It never quite worked, but we laughed and came back to it now and again. For example, A: Can you tell me who's on first? B: Kant. A: Why not? B: That's what I say. I think he plays well there. A:[?]
Iwannaplato said in a particular accent was part of the bit, though I can't remember quite how. So, it's a little nod to an old, dear friend who I sometimes miss very much.

So, heading back to other topics. Take care.
Okay.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:32 pm
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:20 pm This appears to be ANOTHER EXAMPLE of one with a BELIEF, which they CLAIM to be true, but do NOT appear to have ANY ACTUAL PROOF for. Which, REALLY, just reinforces my CLAIM that there are NO BELIEFS AT ALL that "another" can 'reason' with.
I just made a comment that seems to be true to me, Age, others are free to agree or disagree. I'm sorry to have wasted your time, that was not my intention.
But 'you' NEVER wasted 'my time'.

'you' have actually just REINFORCED what appears to me, and have just further PROVED what I expressed IRREFUTABLY True.

That is; I have NEVER observed a BELIEF that could be 'reasoned' with.

You have just SHOWN that you could NOT provide one EITHER.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:46 pm

'you' have actually just REINFORCED what appears to me, and have just further PROVED what I expressed IRREFUTABLY True.

I really believed that I could provide one, but you have convinced me that I was wrong, and now I no longer hold that belief. :(

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:26 am
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:46 pm

I really believed that I could provide one, but you have convinced me that I was wrong, and now I no longer hold that belief. :(
Just so it is clear, I was never trying to 'convince' you of ANY thing here, nor convince ANY one of ANY other thing, anywhere here in this forum.

I was just genuinely inquisitive as to if there is a BELIEF, which could be 'reasoned with', or against, then I Truly would love to see it.

Now this could be worded far more accurately, but it will do for now.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:21 pm Maybe the reason I am not frightened ...
I'm pretty sure when you reference that you are not "frightened," you are referencing yourself. What I mean is, you think of "fright," only in terms of yourself, your personal physical and psychic being.

I've given this some thought because it is so foreign to my way of thinking. After a lifetime of big families, including my own, and including my own's own, I realize that never did I think in terms of personally being frightened, or personally being not frightened. It was never on the radar, never a consideration. The consideration was always in terms of my family, to be ever vigilant that they were safe and on the right path, which is actually very simple when you keep them so busy with academics, and learning skills such as music and athletics. So, in those terms it's not so much a matter of being personally frightened, or being personally attracted. It's matter of dispassionate assessment.

Your repeated declarations in this thread about not being frightened of the demonic presentation is interesting. Interesting that you think in those terms of fright and no fright, and it does explain the often subjective coloring of your postings. It's quite honest of you.

In that spirit, in the way I look at things, I see that demon for what it is. But then again, I'm not a child, and a child might indeed be frightened of such an entity, at first.

However, because the parents are accepting of such nonsense, then the child can relax and appreciate, perhaps even some day emulate, the pecker whacker.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pm
We are, VERY SLOWLY, getting to SEE the True picture of the life of the one here known as "dontaskme".

And, from which WHY the name "don't ask me" speaks for itself. That is; WHEN one has be sexually ABUSED by their own family members, and that ABUSE was NOT WANTED, then they do NOT want to be "asked about WHAT HAPPENED", because of the stigma that is attached with 'that'.
Just to clarify...My user name Dontaskme, Don't-ask-me...Was chosen by myself for reasons of a completely different picture, to the one you are painting of me, and in no way the user name is referring to ( the stigma concept ) or ( the child abuse concept )

I chose the user name as a personal creative symbolic way of representing your own knowledge about yourself, as in know thyself absolutely, and do not ask others to inform you of what only you can know. In other words..Dont ask me...know for yourself, because if you ask me, then you'll get only my personal vision , and not your own personal answers to your questions that is unique to you only. If you ask me, then you will only be getting anothers persons veiw point and not your own.

For me, it's important that you first ask only your self any questions you have about the spiritual and philosophical nature of reality, and refrain from asking others. So that's the only reason I chose to use this user name. . Dontaskme.
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmWhich, Honestly, I do NOT understand the 'stigmas', which 'you', adult human beings, put on 'things', which happen TO children. But anyway, although these people do NOT want to be "asked about IT", they STILL have a DESIRE to SPEAK about IT, and be FINALLY HEARD, and more importantly FINALLY UNDERSTOOD.
It's not a stigma. It's just a self evident fact...that children are not only molested by society at large, they are even molested by their own parents behind closed doors, people who they are supposed to trust unconditionally. I know this to be a fact, because I can read about it on any news channel. Or see it on a youtube channel. You can even witness it happening in film making, it's all in the movies aswell. It's not a secret to humanity, it happens, absolutely. And all I'm saying, if it's seen as a stigma, then we all ought to be thinking more carefully about whether it's worth paying the price for this grief we inflict on our children. Anti-natalism, is not a negative idea, it comes from pure compassion and empathy.

Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmOF COURSE, I do NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND, because 'you' have NOT YET SHARED EVERY thing, and I KNOW 'you' NEVER WILL here. But just understand that I do UNDERSTAND MORE than you think I do.
I have nothing to share, regarding my own personal experiences of childhood, from what I can remember, I was never molested by my own parents. I was just speaking for other peoples experiences. I personally know people who have said they have been molested by their own parents. So I know it happens. I'm not just making this up, for no reason.

Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmAlthough ALL children ARE ABUSED, and ALL ABUSE IS, OBVIOUSLY, Wrong, NOT ALL ABUSE is UNWANTED.
So, the HARM that is CAUSED by ALL ABUSE does NOT necessarily cause one to HATE 'living', like 'you' OBVIOUSLY DO, "dontaskme".
I never said ALL abuse. I meant if abuse is perceived as harmful, which I just happen to think it is, then that can be remedied and set right with a switch in attitude, that can be realised that we do not have to bring children into a world that can cause a harm to them potentially, I'm not saying it will be absolutely certain they will meet with harm, I meant it's a potential, and that's the risk we take every time with new feeling living conscious beings everytime we choose to bring them into the world.
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmWHY 'you' HATE 'living' SO MUCH "dontaskme" is ALREADY Truly UNDERSTOOD and is Truly JUSTIFIED, but if you just REFRAINED from 'trying to' PUT your perspective into "others" as though this is how they SHOULD SEE 'life' and 'living' also, then you might STOP and SEE and NOTICE that although you are Truly JUSTIFIED to have YOUR VIEW of things, NOT ALL children SUFFERED the way 'you' OBVIOUSLY DID, and SO they HAVE NOT and WILL NOT grow up thinking NOR believing that children WILL BE HARMED AND DAMAGED, like you OBVIOUSLY DO.

A LOT of these "other" people, to you, ACTUALLY do NOT even YET RECOGNIZE that they were ONCE ABUSED, and HAVE BEEN HARMED AND DAMAGED.

NOT YET, anyway.
I do not hate life in the way you think I do, because life to me is a horror show, and a delight, it is what it is, and I see both side very clearly and have no delusions about the real nature of reality, rather, I hate that life for sentient feeling organisms can sometimes, not always, be suffering and hell for those organisms, so I feel compassion and empathy, not hatred.

I've suffered greatly in life...who hasn't, but the suffering has never destroyed the person I am deep in my heart, I've always mangaged to bounce back from the depths of the abyss that seems to entice people to fall there.

Have I personally ever fallen into those inky deep depths and come out all bitter and twisted, scarred for life, and totally traumatised that all I see now is the negative..? NO, absolutely NEVER..why because there is no bottom to land on to inform me I've fallen. I cannot know of such despair, why, because LIGHT never leaves me, I know that light is all there is, all there is in my life. And it's also known as deep unconditional love, and I trust in the universe to know what it is doing at all times... I trust only this LIGHT...and that makes me immortal, and beautifully alive and blindingly vibrant.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:07 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:21 pm Maybe the reason I am not frightened ...
I'm pretty sure when you reference that you are not "frightened," you are referencing yourself. What I mean is, you think of "fright," only in terms of yourself, your personal physical and psychic being.

I've given this some thought because it is so foreign to my way of thinking. After a lifetime of big families, including my own, and including my own's own, I realize that never did I think in terms of personally being frightened, or personally being not frightened. It was never on the radar, never a consideration. The consideration was always in terms of my family, to be ever vigilant that they were safe and on the right path, which is actually very simple when you keep them so busy with academics, and learning skills such as music and athletics. So, in those terms it's not so much a matter of being personally frightened, or being personally attracted. It's matter of dispassionate assessment.

Your repeated declarations in this thread about not being frightened of the demonic presentation is interesting. Interesting that you think in those terms of fright and no fright, and it does explain the often subjective coloring of your postings. It's quite honest of you.

In that spirit, in the way I look at things, I see that demon for what it is. But then again, I'm not a child, and a child might indeed be frightened of such an entity, at first.

However, because the parents are accepting of such nonsense, then the child can relax and appreciate, perhaps even some day emulate, the pecker whacker.
I only picked up on the word "frightened" because you used it, and the fact that I then started to use it doesn't really give any insight into my attitude about this issue. In a picture, such as the one posted, the perception it transmits is, for the most part, determined by the caption or narrative that acompanies it. If you present it as kids being frightened by a demonic looking transvestite, that is how it will be perceived. It could just as easily be seen as a group of kids being entertained by a comic, slightly scary, over-the-top character. My limited acquaintance with the word of men in drag leaves me with the impression that they don't take themselves too seriously, and I'm sure that the vast majority wouldn't dream of encouraging anyone, let alone kids, to get rid of any body parts. If, rather than a man pretending to be a woman pretending to be a demon, those kids were being addressed by a man in combat trousers demonstrating how to maintain an assault rifle, I daresay parental concern would have been much less.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 pm Just so it is CLEAR, "dontaskme" CHANGED that post to "pointless ..." BEFORE "dontaskme" read the reply I just made to what was previously said and written, but has now CHANGED.

I could go on and explain about how people Truly do WANT to SHARE what happened to them, especially when they were children, to 'you', adult human beings, but because of some of the ways ABUSE by 'you', adults, onto children is INSIDIOUSLY INSTILLED INTO children, then even as adults they do NOT feel COMFORTABLE ENOUGH to share with 'you', AT ALL, about WHAT HAPPENED TO them, by 'you', adult human beings. After all 'you' can be the MOST HIDEOUS and CRUELEST things on earth. In fact it is ONLY 'you', adult human beings, who are the MOST, and the ONLY, HIDEOUS and CRUELEST 'things', on earth.

Even though there is the DEEPEST DESIRE to SHARE, to FREE "themselves" of ALL the GUILT that was PUT INTO 'them', as children, by 'you' adults, there is STILL the SHAME of SHARING, which again, and VERY SADLY, is CAUSED, AGAIN, by 'you', adults, ALSO. But as just SEEN the WANT TO SHARE does ALLOW 'things' to SLIP OUT from time to time.

Their, adult INSTILLED and CAUSED, FEAR and HATRED of the human adult, CAUSES them to WITHDRAW and TAKE BACK what they HAD, accidentally or unintentionally, just let SLIP OUT, as just OBSERVED, ONCE AGAIN here. A "freudian slip", as some may know 'it' or call 'it'.

But most of you do NOT even RECOGNIZE and NOTICE when things like this HAPPEN.

Now, even though I could go on about the above, and more, I WILL NOT.
Thanks for you projection AGE

However, although these are just known as reflections in the mirror, they can be erased by CHANGE in an instant.

While the mirror itself stays, forever unfettered, untainted, unstained, it's crystal clear brilliance is immortal all times. It's changeless magic only reflects an artificially constructed changing face, and they are all faceless faces, just projections. And that is the power of love and magic.

Psychological projection is the process of misinterpreting what is "inside" as coming from "outside". It forms the basis of empathy by the projection of personal experiences to understand someone else's subjective world.

Always be yourself, the real fictional character, and don't be frightened of shadows, they are not what define you. You are the undefinable absolute WHOLE

It's a kind of Magic.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:09 am...
There are many places in the US where people walk around armed. City slickers are often surprised when they see it. Leftists get the vapours. Rural folks in the wilds of flyover country, where crime is less frequent outside the big cities, are less uptight about wearing a gun. It’s comparable to Europeans being less uptight about public nudity. I could see a hot librarian getting all upset at the sight of a gun. :|
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:23 am
Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:09 am...
There are many places in the US where people walk around armed. City slickers are often surprised when they see it. Leftists get the vapours. Rural folks in the wilds of flyover country, where crime is less frequent outside the big cities, are less uptight about wearing a gun. It’s comparable to Europeans being less uptight about public nudity. I could see a hot librarian getting all upset at the sight of a gun. :|
Guns are for the frightened, full stop. American life style is the laughing stock of the world. It's just a fact. It's no ones fault except their own misguided unwavering devotion to false evidence known as literal belief.

Guns are for pussies, for cowards. People who carry guns for personal civi reasons do so because of the brainwashing indoctrinating human mental systems that go uncritically unquestioned. False beliefs that only serve to endorse a sociopathic and psychopathic mental mind set among your human communities. But these false beliefs, do not exist in reality. Be that as it may, it's a human game that must be played out, if that's all you have ever known, and know of no other way to be.

Animals don't carry guns, and there is always a fighting chance of winning a good old fashioned unarmed bare faced knuckle punch up than there is with a man with a gun. One fights with honorable bravery and true grit, whereas the other fights with pityful cowardice.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pm

Just to clarify...My user name Dontaskme, Don't-ask-me...Was chosen by myself for reasons of a completely different picture, to the one you are painting of me, and in no way the user name is referring to ( the stigma concept ) or ( the child abuse concept )
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am I chose the user name as a personal creative symbolic way of representing your own knowledge about yourself, as in know thyself absolutely, and do not ask others to inform you of what only you can know. In other words..Dont ask me...know for yourself, because if you ask me, then you'll get only my personal vision , and not your own personal answers to your questions that is unique to you only. If you ask me, then you will only be getting anothers persons veiw point and not your own.
The WHOLE point of posing and asking "another" questions, for their answers/clarification, is to get and obtain THEIR views.

For me, it's important that you first ask only your self any questions you have about the spiritual and philosophical nature of reality, and refrain from asking others. [/quote]

How do you KNOW that 'I' have NOT ALREADY asked 'me', AND ANSWERED?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am So that's the only reason I chose to use this user name. . Dontaskme.
So, since I ask, and answer, questions FIRST, BEFORE I ask "another", when possible, then at least you are now FULLY AWARE that it will be PERFECTLY FINE and OKAY for 'you' to answer ALL of the questions I pose to 'you', for CLARITY, "dontaskme".
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmWhich, Honestly, I do NOT understand the 'stigmas', which 'you', adult human beings, put on 'things', which happen TO children. But anyway, although these people do NOT want to be "asked about IT", they STILL have a DESIRE to SPEAK about IT, and be FINALLY HEARD, and more importantly FINALLY UNDERSTOOD.
It's not a stigma. It's just a self evident fact...that children are not only molested by society at large, they are even molested by their own parents behind closed doors, people who they are supposed to trust unconditionally.
The word 'stigma' refers to something completely different.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am I know this to be a fact, because I can read about it on any news channel.
Do you BELIEVE EVERY thing you read on ANY news channel is true?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am Or see it on a youtube channel. You can even witness it happening in film making, it's all in the movies aswell. It's not a secret to humanity, it happens, absolutely. And all I'm saying, if it's seen as a stigma, then we all ought to be thinking more carefully about whether it's worth paying the price for this grief we inflict on our children.
What does the word 'stigma' mean, or refer to, to you?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am Anti-natalism, is not a negative idea, it comes from pure compassion and empathy.
Okay, but I do NOT recall ever saying nor even suggesting ANY thing otherwise.

Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmOF COURSE, I do NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND, because 'you' have NOT YET SHARED EVERY thing, and I KNOW 'you' NEVER WILL here. But just understand that I do UNDERSTAND MORE than you think I do.
I have nothing to share, regarding my own personal experiences of childhood, from what I can remember, I was never molested by my own parents. I was just speaking for other peoples experiences. I personally know people who have said they have been molested by their own parents. So I know it happens. I'm not just making this up, for no reason.

Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmAlthough ALL children ARE ABUSED, and ALL ABUSE IS, OBVIOUSLY, Wrong, NOT ALL ABUSE is UNWANTED.
I never said ALL abuse. I meant if abuse is perceived as harmful, which I just happen to think it is, then that can be remedied and set right with a switch in attitude, that can be realised that we do not have to bring children into a world that can cause a harm to them potentially, I'm not saying it will be absolutely certain they will meet with harm, I meant it's a potential, and that's the risk we take every time with new feeling living conscious beings everytime we choose to bring them into the world.
If, and WHEN, you adult human beings STOP abusing children and others, then NO harm AT ALL could come from ABUSE.
Age wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pmWHY 'you' HATE 'living' SO MUCH "dontaskme" is ALREADY Truly UNDERSTOOD and is Truly JUSTIFIED, but if you just REFRAINED from 'trying to' PUT your perspective into "others" as though this is how they SHOULD SEE 'life' and 'living' also, then you might STOP and SEE and NOTICE that although you are Truly JUSTIFIED to have YOUR VIEW of things, NOT ALL children SUFFERED the way 'you' OBVIOUSLY DID, and SO they HAVE NOT and WILL NOT grow up thinking NOR believing that children WILL BE HARMED AND DAMAGED, like you OBVIOUSLY DO.

NOT YET, anyway.
I do not hate life in the way you think I do, because life to me is a horror show, and a delight, it is what it is, and I see both side very clearly and have no delusions about the real nature of reality, rather, I hate that life for sentient feeling organisms can sometimes, not always, be suffering and hell for those organisms, so I feel compassion and empathy, not hatred.
You just SAID that you HATE that life ....
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am I've suffered greatly in life...who hasn't, but the suffering has never destroyed the person I am deep in my heart, I've always mangaged to bounce back from the depths of the abyss that seems to entice people to fall there.
To me, ONLY children 'suffer', oh AND those adult human beings who have NOT grown up and matured YET.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:11 am Have I personally ever fallen into those inky deep depths and come out all bitter and twisted, scarred for life, and totally traumatised that all I see now is the negative..? NO, absolutely NEVER..why because there is no bottom to land on to inform me I've fallen. I cannot know of such despair, why, because LIGHT never leaves me, I know that light is all there is, all there is in my life. And it's also known as deep unconditional love, and I trust in the universe to know what it is doing at all times... I trust only this LIGHT...and that makes me immortal, and beautifully alive and blindingly vibrant.
But you also continually tell "others" that they SHOULD STOP breeding. Do you do this because you really do NOT want another human being to suffer, or because you want LESS "others" in this PLACE, which you SAY and CLAIM 'you' are IMMORTAL in?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:12 am...........
Know yourself...don't ask me...I cannot make it any plainer. It's your job to like you, and no one elses job.

We cannot change the world, we can only change ourself, our own little lonesome self.

I've done my nobody homework.

But then I still have to bark with the rest of the dogs, it is far less harmful than to bite. In reality, I'm just a harmless barking mad critter like everyone else.

The rest is just.....

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:23 am Rural folks in the wilds of flyover country, where crime is less frequent outside the big cities, are less uptight about wearing a gun. It’s comparable to Europeans being less uptight about public nudity.
To hear some Americans talking about their guns often leaves one with the impression that there is something sexual about their relationship with them. It can be very off-putting and distasteful. As a European, I would much rather see a naked body in public than a gun, even though the sight of a gun is far less likely to cause an unwanted erection in Europe.