A religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: A religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being.

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:43 am
Well, you've given me more things that you think are true, but you didn't answer the questions I asked.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:43 amIf you don't know anything and any truth claim is a lie, why do you keep telling us what is true?

The thought WHY simply freeze frames the unitary movement of life. There's simply life happening, there is no why anything is happening at all, in the same context how can something come from nothing, or how can something have existed eternally?

There is no how or why. There's simply mystery, and you are this mystery. And this mystery includes every concept known...including truths and lies.
Iwannaplato

Re: A religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being.

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:04 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:43 am
Well, you've given me more things that you think are true, but you didn't answer the questions I asked.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:43 amIf you don't know anything and any truth claim is a lie, why do you keep telling us what is true?

The thought WHY simply freeze frames the unitary movement of life. There's simply life happening, there is no why anything is happening at all, in the same context how can something come from nothing, or how can something have existed eternally?

There is no how or why. There's simply mystery, and you are this mystery. And this mystery includes every concept known...including truths and lies.
Well, let's say 'why' is confused. I also pointed out that you don't seem to believe what you say. I also asked questions without why. I mean, what does all this abstract pseudoguru stuff do when you wake up in the morning longing for love in a real, present person. A human you can touch and love and be loved by?

Or, yeah, we can buy that you are only surface and have no motivations for saying what you say. I don't think it helps anyone however to pretend, so I won't.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:47 amIt's interesting. You manage to quote me without me receiving a notification. And yeah, I'd say the same.
I think the lack of notification is becuz I usually quote without the tag, like so...
It's interesting. You manage to quote me without me receiving a notification. And yeah, I'd say the same.
And yeah, I'd say the same.
👍

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:13 pm
What does one do when someone else seems to be committing self-harm?
Rescue kids, leave adults be.
When does a so-called 'kid' become an 'adult' to 'you', "henry quirk"?

And, ONCE AGAIN, 'you' are COMPLETELY CONTRADICTING "your" 'self' here.
henry quirk wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:13 pm There's more to it, of course: but that's the gist.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

When does a so-called 'kid' become an 'adult' to 'you', "henry quirk"?
When he can write a complete sentence without weird capitalizations, for a start.
And, ONCE AGAIN, 'you' are COMPLETELY CONTRADICTING "your" 'self' here.
Pray tell, child: where's the contradiction?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:13 pm I also pointed out that you don't seem to believe what you say.
I believe what I say is nothing saying. And I have no problem with that.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:13 pmI also asked questions without why. I mean, what does all this abstract pseudoguru stuff do when you wake up in the morning longing for love in a real, present person. A human you can touch and love and be loved by?
Pseudoguru stuff is like any other stuff known, it's all knowledge which can only point to the illusory nature of reality. Knowledge informs there is only doing and no one is making doing do, doing is done, but no doer thereof, doing is happening all by itself and for itself ALONE. Meaning, there is no 'personal self' making life happen, and that life is just happening, longing for love is just happening, the idea that there are real people to love and touch and have that love requited back on you, is also what is happening, and usually happens only when it is meant to happen and not one second before, as no one can make happen what is not meant to happen. There is no force on earth that can make happen what is only meant to happen as it happens.

Reality doesn't have a story, humans do. And the human story is usually manifest as and through a person which is nothing but an illusory dream created by the mind's psychology which doesn’t even truly exist, but you, awareness, are free of it all. In truth, nothing is worthy of our emotional reactions because there is no one in the other but yourself albeit illusory since there is no personal self, because there is no other than self. Although it does appear to be as if there is a personal self, but all this is simply what is happening anyway, that no one is making happen.

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:13 pm Or, yeah, we can buy that you are only surface and have no motivations for saying what you say. I don't think it helps anyone however to pretend, so I won't.
As consciousness, everything is your own emanation. And that's all you are really.

What does all this mean and is it useful in everyday normal life? ..Well yes, any meaning and use is also a part of the whole process that is life living itself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:13 pm I also pointed out that you don't seem to believe what you say.

Or, yeah, we can buy that you are only surface and have no motivations for saying what you say. I don't think it helps anyone however to pretend, so I won't.
There is no one pretending to pretend.

We are talking animals that's all, we have developed the capacity to conceptualise the unknowable, and believe it as knowable.

When you know nothing, you say a lot. When you know something, there is nothing to say.

To know you know is the ultimate oxymoron.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:19 pm

There is no one pretending to pretend.

We are talking animals that's all, we have developed the capacity to conceptualise the unknowable, and believe it as knowable.

When you know nothing, you say a lot. When you know something, there is nothing to say.

To know you know is the ultimate oxymoron.
You've certainly gotten more sophisiticated with this than you were pre-RoyDop. These last two answers are clever and fairly consistant. If this is the way you want to go in life, well, sail into it. The problem with RoyDop was not that he was specifically a jerk. It was that this kind of philosophy necessitates a lack of connection to self and others, to anything (not just any things). It's heartless and abstract. He reflected that to us. He showed his lack of real care. Not despite his philosophy, but because, in the end, he had fulfilled it. They don't love their feelings and desires. They love the flow of perceptions. Phenomena. Like cameras, a mechanical body and no heart.

If that is the choice you are making, then at least I have reacted to it honestly and can be glad for that. I certainly don't know what you need.

And just to be clear, it's not that I don't understand what you are saying/pointing toward. I do understand. It's just a partial truth and I no longer want to cast out the part of me that viewpoint invisibly does.

Take care.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:08 pm You've certainly gotten more sophisiticated with this than you were pre-RoyDop. These last two answers are clever and fairly consistant. If this is the way you want to go in life, well, sail into it. The problem with RoyDop was not that he was specifically a jerk. It was that this kind of philosophy necessitates a lack of connection to self and others, to anything (not just any things). It's heartless and abstract.
The opposite is also true. :D Believe it or not. Bye the way, I've always been like this...there was never a Pre-RoyDop in my thinking. Nor was there an after Roydop way of thinking for me. I already know what RoyDop is saying in all of his videos and in his theory of Enlightenment which I read.

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:08 pmHe reflected that to us. He showed his lack of real care. Not despite his philosophy, but because, in the end, he had fulfilled it. They don't love their feelings and desires. They love the flow of perceptions. Phenomena. Like cameras, a mechanical body and no heart.
The opposite is also true, things are not what they seem, nor are they otherwise. Roy is not my type typically as one who I would be physically attracted to in a heart sense, but he does have a special kind of peaceful demeanour that beckons his Cat Kali into being in some kind of blissful stupor while sitting on his lap and adopting an attentive adoration of his company.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:08 pmIf that is the choice you are making, then at least I have reacted to it honestly and can be glad for that. I certainly don't know what you need.
Not entirely sure what exactly it is you mean by that. As I need for nothing. As for the choices I am making, right now, I'm choosing to be in love. In fact love is choosing me, which was a nice pleasant surprise I did not see coming. But that's where I'm at right now, completely in love, and this love is intense, it's making me go weak at the knees just thinking about it, which is a pretty powerful sensation to be honest. And I'm glad and happy to be on the receiving end of this powerful intense sensation. It's something I cannot ignore, or dismiss, it's actually real and effortlessly palpable, and I had nothing to do with making it happen, it just happened.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:08 pmAnd just to be clear, it's not that I don't understand what you are saying/pointing toward. I do understand. It's just a partial truth and I no longer want to cast out the part of me that viewpoint invisibly does.

Take care.
Well at least you understand what is being said, and so do I - and this understanding is all I need to know right now, there is nothing more to it than this for me to know, and so I'm more than delighted and happy to be this knowing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:27 am - Whatever that thing is, because it is worshiped as a religion it is greater than the “I” defined by self-concept.
Religion: it's meaning as it is written in a dictionary: ( A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion. )

So the blue words are implying there is a sense of wanting or desiring to be alive. And that this sense of being alive is favored more than not being alive. The overriding will to be, does apparently seem far greater than to not be.

But that does not imply there is a necessity to worship or follow with great devotion a deity that is greater than ourself. It's just totally absurd to even think like that. There is absolutely no requirement for the universe to worship it's own beingness as being something greater than what it already is being, which is non-dual in every instance.

To understand the non-dual nature of reality, is to discover that even your own self-concept of "I" is an illusion of duality.

Don't take anything stated above literally. Standard definitions of words do not work very well for non-duality. Words often do more to create confusion than to bring clarity when talking about non-duality. Don't believe anything here, these words are just pointing to a clarity.

The word "you" or ''I'' - it does and it doesn't mean what you think it does.
Much of that is because the closest words that can be found to express topics in non-duality are the same words that represent the concepts that are delusions.

So it's about moving away from worship, faith, and belief, into a space of pure clarity that you always are and have always been.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:25 pm What does one do when someone else seems to be committing self-harm?
I don't think there's a rule. And it is not always easy, for me at least, to make a decision. People should be free, one voice in me says. Other voice want to help the suffering. And to be honest then there is a part of me that sees itself in the person committing self-harm, so that needs to be worked out separately.
Compassion for sentient beings arises from the discovery that they are inseparable from them. When you know what is hurt, you know other sentient beings hurt too.

There is no escape from the world because there is no one to escape from it. There is no discrimination between birth and death. Birth and death and nirvana are not to be separated from each other. It's all nirvana.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:25 pm What does one do when someone else seems to be committing self-harm?
I don't think there's a rule. And it is not always easy, for me at least, to make a decision. People should be free, one voice in me says. Other voice want to help the suffering. And to be honest then there is a part of me that sees itself in the person committing self-harm, so that needs to be worked out separately.
Compassion for sentient beings arises from the discovery that they are inseparable from them. When you know what is hurt, you know other sentient beings hurt too.

There is no escape from the world because there is no one to escape from it. There is no discrimination between birth and death. Birth and death and nirvana are not to be separated from each other. It's all nirvana.
It seems like someone who has access to your computer or phone thinks she or he has access to reality AND knows what is true and false.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:45 pm

It seems like someone who has access to your computer or phone thinks she or he has access to reality AND knows what is true and false.
No one knows anything which is everything which is nothing.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:16 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:45 pm

No one knows anything which is everything which is nothing.
Uh, huh.
Why bother writing then?
If words mean their opposite, why not just go out and be kind to someone.
Why lecture?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:44 pm
Uh, huh.
Why bother writing then?
If words mean their opposite, why not just go out and be kind to someone.
Why lecture?
There is no why, there's just what's happening, right now, including this....