What does “Absolute Truth” mean?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: What does “Absolute Truth” mean?

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:38 am
Walker wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:29 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:17 pm Since absolute implies:" existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.", the two words clash since there has to be a relationship and dependence upon the viewed and the viewer to determine truth.
- Existence implies relationship.
- Absolute implies irreducible and unfragmented, e.g., “I Am.”
- Absolute also implies the final limitation such as, the fastest (speed of light), the slowest (absolute zero), the largest (the universe), the smallest (?), the fullest (“no room for even a wafer-thin mint.”)

"I Am is true, all else is inference."
(That's the absolute truth.)
There is no "I Am", without others to observe. You just shot yourself in the foot here.
You just fell short in your reasoning ... again.
existing independently and not in relation to other things
Existence only is, in relation to other things. For example, the existence of a thought depends on you, and the thought. You are the irreducible absolute. The thought requires you to exist ... and you require the thought to exist as you, but what you are is not the thought.

Existence only is, in relationship. Therefore independent relationship cannot be, which affirms the contradiction of your first statement comprising your clash. You're so eager to disagree that you cut off your nose to spite your face.

I is the witness to Am. I is the mind-sense's relationship with non-cognizant being.