What does “Absolute Truth” mean?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Copy and pasted from the internet...the actualisation of the inner-net. Log onto the inner-net and be kind to yourself or not.

Absolute truth is that which is not dependent upon anything, meaning it is true always, without exceptions. You are absolute, for you exist independently of time and space, independent of anything that happens or doesn’t happen: your existence is unconditional. You Are (I Am) the Here & Now. And within you is all-that-is contained. You are the absolute one.

There is and can be only one existence, for existence merely is. Focusing purely on the sense of pure being gives the sense that nothing at all is happening. From this stance, all of creation appears to be a dream. Since existence does not know itself (only that it is), it is through the quality of reflection, which it contains (it contains infinity), that it reflects upon itself, knowing itself in infinite ways. All is the same single thing viewed from infinite perspectives.

Existence does not come from non-existence, for there is no such thing as non-existence (it doesn’t exist). The only possible unknowable state is existence unaware that it is. This possibility would mean it is, but it doesn’t know it is - not that existence came from non-existence. Non-existence is not knowable for a different reason, and that is that it literally doesn’t exist to be known or unknown. Consciousness is what we would refer to as existence conscious of itself.

Waking up to the absolute is so astonishing, as time and space are seen as illusory, and who you are has never moved a sinlge inch. What some who awaken miss out on is that what they refer to as the dream (that which they refer to as not absolutely real, but relative) is eternal as well, meaning: the ability of the Self to reflect upon itSelf, to create infinite unique reflections, never disappears. You can always be awake AND you can always dream, for after awakening you will know that the dream is within you, while you play as though you are within it. The appearances are you yourself, reality - no matter which - is a reflection… of you.
In general it wise to not think of things in either/or, but both, for existence is full of paradoxes. Not contradictions, not impossibilities - paradoxes.

If each of us is the one viewing itself from a different perspectives, then which perspective is “the true” perspective? When it comes to ways of being and seeing, all truths are true. Within relativity, no view is actually more valid than another, and ‘wrong’ or ‘right’ are not absolutes, but themselves perspectives.
All-that-is, then, is all “truths”, all perspectives.

The structure of existence “stands” absolutely still. We are vibrating consciousness. We, in a sense, explore the static structure (think of Mandelbrot), by “attracting” those parts or frames of the structure that match our musical pitch. You could say we’re singing a song. The word “attracting” is in brackets since everything is here and now… it’s not as though we’re attracting it from non-existence or from there and then. We’re not creating the already existing strucutre, we’re creating our experience of it. Through frequency. Hence, another absolute: what you put out is what you get back. And since you are always putting out something, you constantly create movement/change. And that is another absolute: change is constant.

Lastly, every experience you create for yourself can be looked at from basically infinite dimensions. Even the experience of pure isness is never the same.

So the 5 absolutes are:
1) You exist
2) The one is all and the all are one
3) Everything is here and now
4) What you put out is what you get back
5) Everything changes, except these 5 absolutes
puto

Re: What does “Absolute Truth” mean?

Post by puto »

Being, very heuristic in the realm of absolute truths that were provable. An a priori and Kantian truth, you were proving epistemological solipsism. The claims is dependent upon subjective taste to be arguable. Replace your opinions or aspects of it with a necessary order, the Greek word phusis or physis Meaning, "To grow." Independent of opinion, discover your necessities of the world. A state of affairs is necessary if there is no possible alternative to it. Some physicists argue that the universe has to exist, whereas some theologians argue that God has to exist but creates a contingent universe. Contingency propositions in philosophy and logic were neither true, nor were false under valuation. The Kantian noumenal world exists independently outside man's perception of it and human consciousness. What introduces a question and is very interrogative in meaning and requires a comma.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

absolute truth could be like in vino veritas except with vodka...

-Imp
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:35 am What does “Absolute Truth” mean?
This question should die the moment it is uttered.

If, on the other hand, you continue trying to give an answer, then you are already lost.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:26 pm absolute truth could be like in vino veritas except with vodka...

-Imp
:lol:

Veni, vidi, vici, vino.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobmax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:30 am

If, on the other hand, you continue trying to give an answer, then you are already lost.
Is the meaninglessness of these comments meant to point to a truth, I wonder.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:16 am
bobmax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:30 am

Is the meaninglessness of these comments meant to point to a truth, I wonder.
Would you like to give a meaning to what allows every possible meaning?

Would you like to found what is the foundation of every foundation?

I guess you should worry about this...
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobmax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:29 am Would you like to give a meaning to what allows every possible meaning?
I don't know what you mean.
No, it doesn't sound like something I would like to do.
I'm not looking for anything to worry about.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:35 am
bobmax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:29 am Would you like to give a meaning to what allows every possible meaning?
I don't know what you mean.
No, it doesn't sound like something I would like to do.
I'm not looking for anything to worry about.
Then don't worry about the meaningless about the Truth.

Continue living peacefully in your bubble.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Absolute Truth is an oxymoron.

Truth is the relationship between that which is perceived by subjects, and the state of affairs as it is.

Since absolute implies:" existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.", the two words clash since there has to be a relationship and dependence upon the viewed and the viewer to determine truth.

You can propose a "fact" which maybe true regardless of bias. However the mere selection of a fact implies some sort of interest, which is synonymous with bias.

For example if I introduce into a discussion about Donald Trump that he imagined "airports" in his description of the American War of Independence; that is essentially a "Fact". I might even claim it as an absolute truth. But no statement is selected without a context. and this particular fact would have been selected for a reason; such as call attention to IQ45bigfatorangemanbaby's lack of intelligence.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

sure there are 'absolutes', just depends on whatchu mean and how you're using the word.

"If you tried to doubt everything you would not get as far as doubting anything. The game of doubting itself presupposes certainty" - L. Vitkenshhtein

it is absolutely true that ronald Reagan was a president and Thursday is the day after Wednesday. it's absolutely true that i am typing this right now. 1+1 absolutely equals 2 in at least one mathematical language.

now sketchy statements like these'll get you into problems: god is absolute. time is absolute. space is absolute. absolute spirit a.k.a. hegel, absolutely beautiful, an absolute obligation, absolute truth with a capital T, etc.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"pheelosophy askks a deeferant question... the true pheelosophy..."

https://youtu.be/dp8aTYUrPi0
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:17 pm Since absolute implies:" existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.", the two words clash since there has to be a relationship and dependence upon the viewed and the viewer to determine truth.
- Existence implies relationship.
- Absolute implies irreducible and unfragmented, e.g., “I Am.”
- Absolute also implies the final limitation such as, the fastest (speed of light), the slowest (absolute zero), the largest (the universe), the smallest (?), the fullest (“no room for even a wafer-thin mint.”)

"I Am is true, all else is inference."
(That's the absolute truth.)
Walker

Post by Walker »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 pmit's absolutely true that i am typing this right now.
Still typing now, as you read?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:29 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:17 pm Since absolute implies:" existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.", the two words clash since there has to be a relationship and dependence upon the viewed and the viewer to determine truth.
- Existence implies relationship.
- Absolute implies irreducible and unfragmented, e.g., “I Am.”
- Absolute also implies the final limitation such as, the fastest (speed of light), the slowest (absolute zero), the largest (the universe), the smallest (?), the fullest (“no room for even a wafer-thin mint.”)

"I Am is true, all else is inference."
(That's the absolute truth.)
There is no "I Am", without others to observe. You just shot yourself in the foot here.