Ok, it's time to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Ok, it's time to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Post by Dontaskme »

Who knows/owns the truth?

Knowing implies there is knowledge to be aware of.

Knowledge is like an ocean and you can be drowned in it yet can never own it.

So does that mean that Jesus was lying when he said ( I am the way, and the truth, and the life ) ?

And that any claim to know is simply just a wave within the ocean itself being waivered a known right, claim, or privilege by the ocean of absolute knowledge?

Truth cannot be defined although defining is truth defining itself.

Who knows?

There is no who, that's who... A camera cannot look through the lens of it's own perception, and tell itself, I own that perception. There's just perception. A camera cannot capture a picture of itself. A camera has no image of itself, it's only a concept known as and through perception. A camera is never actually seen. Life is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.

Einstein was right about that perception. Knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of existence.
alan1000

Re: Ok, it's time to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Post by alan1000 »

Is it true or false that you can read this reply? If true, does it imply that you are capable of making judgements about what is real or nor real?

Your post implies that that you think it is true that there is a forum called "Philosophy Now" - so I think it is undeniably true that you have a little more thinking to do.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:16 am Who knows/owns the truth?

Knowing implies there is knowledge to be aware of.
The truth is the knowledge of the thread title.
In this case, logical implication of the facts owns it.

The Facts: The thread title is an entreaty to the greatest power that can be imagined or known, which is why when it's formally recited, it ends with "So Help Me God." (You left that part out.)

So Help Me God.
So, Help Me, God.
So God, Help Me.
Help me to keep the vow of truth.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:01 am
The truth is the knowledge of the thread title.
In this case, logical implication of the facts owns it.
It's a fact that knowledge is known, but knowledge can only be a perception, which can be a fact, but there is nothing beyond this immediate unitary movement of knowing. Therefore, any 'truth claim' is just a 'belief' which is groundless, lacking any certainty. A belief is still a blind acceptance of your own authority that a truth claim is known.
Walker wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:01 amThe Facts: The thread title is an entreaty to the greatest power that can be imagined or known, which is why when it's formally recited, it ends with "So Help Me God." (You left that part out.)

So Help Me God.
So, Help Me, God.
So God, Help Me.
Help me to keep the vow of truth.
So why is there any point to ADD something like that on? ...SO HELP ME GOD?
Why do you need something to help you keep what is only your own believed vow? ..That doesn't make any sense.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

alan1000 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:10 pm Is it true or false that you can read this reply? If true, does it imply that you are capable of making judgements about what is real or nor real?
There is observation, there is a knowing of words known. And yet Nothing is really known not until the knowing is identified as a thought, which becomes the known. A thought, however, is invisible and the invisible cannot be known. Therefore, the knowing identified by a thought as the known has to be illusory and cannot be real.

This implies that the known is ONLY the knowing, and neither this or that. This is the meaning that the knower, knowing and known is one, meaning light, and that what is known is illusory and not real, because every atom of the knower and the known is light. There's nothing more to it than that.
alan1000 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:10 pmYour post implies that that you think it is true that there is a forum called "Philosophy Now"
Only in so far as it's not true, is it true.
alan1000 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:10 pm- so I think it is undeniably true that you have a little more thinking to do.
Only in so far as it's believed that I am the thinker. Which is neither true, nor untrue, except as belief. Only when one is bound to hold a point of view but also bound to defend one's point of view when meeting a different point of view is when a view is seen as an opposing truth, but even that would be a perceptual belief, and not an absolute truth.