What is the Religion of Love?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: What is the Religion of Love?

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:03 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:58 am For me personally nothing about a reality that has me in it makes any sense.
And that is just one of the things that make you particularly difficult to communicate with.
I have the same problem communicating with others too.

Especially when they make it all about me.

I’m like can’t we just not make this about anyone and enjoy simple silent presence?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:18 am I’m like can’t we just not make this about anyone and enjoy simple silent presence?
If you want simple, silent presence that isn't about anyone, why come to a place that is full of personal opinions and chatter?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:09 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:18 am I’m like can’t we just not make this about anyone and enjoy simple silent presence?
If you want simple, silent presence that isn't about anyone, why come to a place that is full of personal opinions and chatter?
When the desire to make this all about me is demanded, that's when the blank slate of presence fills itself up until full filled.

What I want to know is what it is we think we know is real. And I can only find out what is real, via it's concept which is usually manifested as words that are then exchanged between two people.

I do not need to use words to feel the love of my cat. My cat that stays loyal to me, unconditionally, and enjoys my company, even when I call it a black bastard. I want to know about that kind of love, the love that does not judge me.

God said he loves me, but then tells me that if I do not love him, he will send me to hell...so I'm like fuck you then.

Why do we have to tell each other that we love them? Why can't people love each other without always having to prove it with words?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:17 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:21 am

Yeah, I'm game enough to see if we can make sense of the 'love' word.

What happens now that I have answered your question?
We attempt to do it.

To me, the word 'love' just refers to either;

That 'feeling' you 'get' when it does NOT matter where you are NOR what you are doing, but you just want to SHARE that 'experience' WITH someone. And, it is that 'feeling' you have with WANTING to be with those "others" or 'other', which is what the 'love' word could refer to. Have you EVER 'experienced' 'this feeling'. Some refer to it as also a 'warm and/or fuzzy feeling within'.

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when you just want to PLEASE "another" or when you just to make them 'feel Truly happy, content, wanted, and/or belonging.

Or,

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when it does NOT matter what "another" would say or do, you would still WANT to BE with them and/or SHARE living and being alive with them.

Do ANY of these make ANY sense AT ALL to you?

(It does not matter if they do not because some people NEVER REALLY get to experience these things. Or, some do but they happened in life when they were NOT YET AWARE enough to notice these feelings.)
Yes, all these things you have mentioned do make sense to me.

I have experienced these things you’ve mentioned, so they make sense to the one who is experiencing them, that being me.

But how can two people have the exact same feelings they have with themselves with another person as well, and it last forever?
Ah this is where TRUE LOVE comes into the picture.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:17 am I’ve never had that forever experience of reciprocity myself have you?
This is getting very 'deep', as some would say.

The 'I', which is WITHIN, BOTH of the human beings known here as "dontaskme" and "age", and WITHIN EVERY other human beings, has been, in a sense, reciprocating with Itself.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:17 am That love you mentioned… I know that love, and I would love it to be a reality..but it’s never going to happen is it?
If 'you' have 'experienced' 'it' once, then it was 'real' was is not?

If 'it' was 'real', then it could be said that 'that experience' [of love] was 'reality'. But if you are meaning that you would 'love' it to be a 'reality' as a 'forever feeling', then that is another thing. Which, very sad to say, 'me' and you', "dontaskme", may NEVER get to 'experience'. It all depends on just how QUICKLY I am ABLE TO LEARN how to communicate better, with 'you', human beings. But in saying that, just KNOW 'your children and/or grandchildren' WILL get to 'experience' 'that', which is the MOST IMPORTANT thing here. 'me' and 'you' are just BEING USED here for the BETTERMENT of the future ones. So, ALL is good, Right, and PERFECT here.

Now, as for WHAT TRUE LOVE IS, EXACTLY, and HOW 'IT' plays a part, and works, in the ever-lasting 'experience' of 'feeling' those ways, you just have to realize that 'love', in those senses that I described before was just in relation to 'emotional feelings' and NOT in relation to DOING or BEHAVING. (It is some thing to do with 'nouns', 'adjectives', or 'adverbs' or something like that. I NEVER did, NOR have YET, learned how to communicate PROPERLY.)

But anyway, to 'experience' those 'feelings', of that 'love feeling' or 'love sensation', then they came from 'feeling' ACCEPTED for WHO 'you' ARE, and for being WANTED, in Life. Which just relates to 'belonging' and 'listening'. For example, when one is being Truly LISTENED TO, and HEARD, then they ARE FEELING WANTED, and being ACCEPTED for WHO they Truly ARE.

See, that last 'feeling' that I expressed above, MOST human babies are on the other side of 'this experience', and so 'experience' this 'feeling', but because they are so young to be Truly AWARE of what is happening, and because 'this' just come Truly Natural from most parents, they are NOT consciously aware of it. See, those babies who are lucky enough to 'experience' that 'loving feeling' do, when they are just being hugged and fed. When it does NOT matter what you "say" or do, and "another" still WANTS to BE with 'you', and WANTS to SHARE their life with you, CARING and GUIDING you, then you are 'experiencing', first hand, the result of that last sense of 'love' above. Most babies who get to 'experience' this 'feeling', however, just take it for granted though. As they grow up 'experiencing' 'that feeling' as just being a VERY normal and a VERY Natural part of life, they do NOT realize just how PRECIOUS 'it' REALLY IS. Which, OBVIOUSLY, would be the BEST or IDEAL way of life, and one that absolutely EVERY one WANTS and DESIRES.

Now, before I get to more DISTRACTED, that 'unconditional love' 'feeling' is 'experienced' when one just WANTS 'you', for WHO 'you' ARE, 'unconditionally'. This happens to most babies and young children. BUT, to receive and have 'this experience' one HAS TO BE Trusted, Respected, Understood, and Empathized, with absolute Loyalty (Honesty), Openness, and Voluntary Enthusiasm. This is TRUE LOVE. And, ONLY when one has
Trust,
Respect,
Understanding,
Empathy,

with

Loyalty
Openness, and
Voluntary
Enthusiasm

with AND for ''another'', then one CAN 'experience' what TRUE LOVE, really is.

Now, to be ABLE TO obtain and have this LOVE for "another", then the BEST WAY is to LEARN IT from "others". But because NO one HAS OBTAINED this YET, human beings are just STILL EVOLVING INTO 'this'.

To be ABLE TO live in 'a world' 'feeling' and 'experiencing' this KIND of TRUE LOVE, ALWAYS or FOREVER MORE, then absolutely EVERY one HAS TO have 'experienced' and thus 'obtained' TRUE LOVE "themselves", and then HAVE TRUE LOVE FOR, and WITH, EVERY one.

But before I begin to keep WAFFLING ON, ANYMORE, does ANY of this here make ANY sense AT ALL to you?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:39 pm

If 'it' was 'real', then it could be said that 'that experience' [of love] was 'reality'. But if you are meaning that you would 'love' it to be a 'reality' as a 'forever feeling', then that is another thing. Which, very sad to say, 'me' and you', "dontaskme", may NEVER get to 'experience'. It all depends on just how QUICKLY I am ABLE TO LEARN how to communicate better, with 'you', human beings. But in saying that, just KNOW 'your children and/or grandchildren' WILL get to 'experience' 'that', which is the MOST IMPORTANT thing here. 'me' and 'you' are just BEING USED here for the BETTERMENT of the future ones. So, ALL is good, Right, and PERFECT here.

Now, as for WHAT TRUE LOVE IS, EXACTLY, and HOW 'IT' plays a part, and works, in the ever-lasting 'experience' of 'feeling' those ways, you just have to realize that 'love', in those senses that I described before was just in relation to 'emotional feelings' and NOT in relation to DOING or BEHAVING. (It is some thing to do with 'nouns', 'adjectives', or 'adverbs' or something like that. I NEVER did, NOR have YET, learned how to communicate PROPERLY.)

But anyway, to 'experience' those 'feelings', of that 'love feeling' or 'love sensation', then they came from 'feeling' ACCEPTED for WHO 'you' ARE, and for being WANTED, in Life. Which just relates to 'belonging' and 'listening'. For example, when one is being Truly LISTENED TO, and HEARD, then they ARE FEELING WANTED, and being ACCEPTED for WHO they Truly ARE.

See, that last 'feeling' that I expressed above, MOST human babies are on the other side of 'this experience', and so 'experience' this 'feeling', but because they are so young to be Truly AWARE of what is happening, and because 'this' just come Truly Natural from most parents, they are NOT consciously aware of it. See, those babies who are lucky enough to 'experience' that 'loving feeling' do, when they are just being hugged and fed. When it does NOT matter what you "say" or do, and "another" still WANTS to BE with 'you', and WANTS to SHARE their life with you, CARING and GUIDING you, then you are 'experiencing', first hand, the result of that last sense of 'love' above. Most babies who get to 'experience' this 'feeling', however, just take it for granted though. As they grow up 'experiencing' 'that feeling' as just being a VERY normal and a VERY Natural part of life, they do NOT realize just how PRECIOUS 'it' REALLY IS. Which, OBVIOUSLY, would be the BEST or IDEAL way of life, and one that absolutely EVERY one WANTS and DESIRES.

Now, before I get to more DISTRACTED, that 'unconditional love' 'feeling' is 'experienced' when one just WANTS 'you', for WHO 'you' ARE, 'unconditionally'. This happens to most babies and young children. BUT, to receive and have 'this experience' one HAS TO BE Trusted, Respected, Understood, and Empathized, with absolute Loyalty (Honesty), Openness, and Voluntary Enthusiasm. This is TRUE LOVE. And, ONLY when one has
Trust,
Respect,
Understanding,
Empathy,

with

Loyalty
Openness, and
Voluntary
Enthusiasm

Now, to be ABLE TO obtain and have this LOVE for "another", then the BEST WAY is to LEARN IT from "others". But because NO one HAS OBTAINED this YET, human beings are just STILL EVOLVING INTO 'this'.

To be ABLE TO live in 'a world' 'feeling' and 'experiencing' this KIND of TRUE LOVE, ALWAYS or FOREVER MORE, then absolutely EVERY one HAS TO have 'experienced' and thus 'obtained' TRUE LOVE "themselves", and then HAVE TRUE LOVE FOR, and WITH, EVERY one.
That's a fine piece of romantic fiction, you should send it to Mills and Boon. :)

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:09 am
When the desire to make this all about me is demanded, that's when the blank slate of presence fills itself up until full filled.

What I want to know is what it is we think we know is real. And I can only find out what is real, via it's concept which is usually manifested as words that are then exchanged between two people.

I do not need to use words to feel the love of my cat. My cat that stays loyal to me, unconditionally, and enjoys my company, even when I call it a black bastard. I want to know about that kind of love, the love that does not judge me.
MOST human beings 'experience' that 'love', as babies.

You probably 'experienced' 'that love' also as a baby, but just NEVER 'knew' about it. So, it is NOT that you do NOT 'know about that kind of love'. You just do NOT have ANY 'conscious memory' of it, or in other words, ANY 'conscious knowing' of it. But you did say above, that you had 'experienced' those 'things'', so then you ACTUALLY probably REALLY do KNOW, consciously, about 'that kind of love'. However, those 'experiences' may have been so FLEETING
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 am God said he loves me, but then tells me that if I do not love him, he will send me to hell...so I'm like fuck you then.
But that is NOT God saying that. That is just what SOME human beings WILL, and DID, TELL you.

God does NOT and will NEVER threaten you with ANY punishment.

The references about 'going to hell' just refers to WHILE 'you', adult human beings, continue to do the Wrong 'things' on earth, which is the ONLY KNOWN 'place' in the One and ONLY 'place' called the Universe, then 'you', human beings, will collectively live in a 'hell-like' place. That term was NEVER about 'you', individually. And, the word 'afterlife' refers to WHEN 'you', adults, collectively, STOP your GREEDY and SELFISH WAYS, then that kind of 'life', or way of living, ENDS, and 'after' that 'life', then the much BETTER peaceful and harmonious 'life' CAN, and WILL, BEGIN.

See, what has happened is that adult human beings had become SO GREEDY and SO SELFISH that they ACTUALLY STARTED 'seeing' and BELIEVING that the 'afterlife' word, was in relation to their 'lives', individually. Which SHOWS and PROVES just how SELFISH and GREEDY individuals had ACTUALLY BECOME.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 am Why do we have to tell each other that we love them?
If you have even 'experienced' indigenous lives, BEFORE they were influenced by "outsiders", then they do NOT 'have to' tell each other that they love each other. This is because besides NOT being 'needed' because they were WITH each other ALL THE TIME looking after, caring, and guiding each other, INSTEAD of being away from each other CHASING AFTER MORE 'money', then ALSO had NO comprehension of the 'love' word. Well as far as I know anyway. And, considering just how LITTLE people REALLY KNOW about, What 'love' is, EXACTLY'? in the days when this was being written, then there 'love' word would have been absolutely UNNECESSARY as it seemingly WAS and IS, in the days when this is being written.

See, 'you', adult human beings, only tell your children, "I love you", to 'try to' counteract ALL OF THOSE TIMES that 'you' are AWAY FROM 'them', CHASING AFTER other 'things'. Which, by the way, is USUALLY that 'feeling' one 'experiences' when they feel LOVED. All ONE 'vicious cycle', REALLY.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 am Why can't people love each other without always having to prove it with words?
LOL 'Proving' 'it' with words WILL NEVER WORK. Especially when one's behaviors SHOW and REVEAL the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Saying, "I love you", with words, but NOT 'being there' for them, or 'beating them' after, WILL NEVER 'prove' that one 'loves' another.

As I am pretty sure you are WELL AWARE of, and WHY you QUESTION WHY do people 'TRY TO' 'prove' they 'love' 'one another' with words.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:01 pm

Trust,
Respect,
Understanding,
Empathy,

with

Loyalty
Openness, and
Voluntary
Enthusiasm

That's a fine piece of romantic fiction, you should send it to Mills and Boon. :)
Okay. I will think about it, but in the meantime considering we are in a philosophy forum, IF there is ANY 'fault', 'fallacy', 'incorrectness', or 'wrongness' you have NOTICED in what I SAID and WROTE here, how about you POINT 'it/them' OUT, and then EXPLAIN WHY 'you' SEE what you do.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:21 pm Okay. I will think about it, but in the meantime considering we are in a philosophy forum, IF there is ANY 'fault', 'fallacy', 'incorrectness', or 'wrongness' you have NOTICED in what I SAID and WROTE here, how about you POINT 'it/them' OUT, and then EXPLAIN WHY 'you' SEE what you do.
I just saw it as your personal feelings about your experience of love, and it only means anything to you. It is neither right nor wrong in any sense that I am in a position to judge. The type of language you used is not really my cup of tea, but that is neither here nor there. I guess I'm not as romantic as you. :)

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:41 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:21 pm Okay. I will think about it, but in the meantime considering we are in a philosophy forum, IF there is ANY 'fault', 'fallacy', 'incorrectness', or 'wrongness' you have NOTICED in what I SAID and WROTE here, how about you POINT 'it/them' OUT, and then EXPLAIN WHY 'you' SEE what you do.
I just saw it as your personal feelings about your experience of love, and it only means anything to you. It is neither right nor wrong in any sense that I am in a position to judge. The type of language you used is not really my cup of tea, but that is neither here nor there. I guess I'm not as romantic as you. :)
But there is absolutely NOTHING 'romantic' in there, NOR about it, AT ALL.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:56 pm But there is absolutely NOTHING 'romantic' in there, NOR about it, AT ALL.
If you insist, but I think you are selling yourself short in saying that.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

I think that loving consists in desiring nothing but the good of the other.

I can see that I am never master of my love.
Why I'm not able to want to love, but I love or don't love is not up to me.

We say therefore that it is love that possesses me or not.

On the other hand, I am not even able to want to want.
But I want it or I don't want it is not up to me.

Isn't it "love that moves the sun and the other stars"?
God loves himself.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:30 pm Isn't it "love that moves the sun and the other stars"?

No, I don't think it is.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:17 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am

We attempt to do it.

To me, the word 'love' just refers to either;

That 'feeling' you 'get' when it does NOT matter where you are NOR what you are doing, but you just want to SHARE that 'experience' WITH someone. And, it is that 'feeling' you have with WANTING to be with those "others" or 'other', which is what the 'love' word could refer to. Have you EVER 'experienced' 'this feeling'. Some refer to it as also a 'warm and/or fuzzy feeling within'.

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when you just want to PLEASE "another" or when you just to make them 'feel Truly happy, content, wanted, and/or belonging.

Or,

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when it does NOT matter what "another" would say or do, you would still WANT to BE with them and/or SHARE living and being alive with them.

Do ANY of these make ANY sense AT ALL to you?

(It does not matter if they do not because some people NEVER REALLY get to experience these things. Or, some do but they happened in life when they were NOT YET AWARE enough to notice these feelings.)
Yes, all these things you have mentioned do make sense to me.

I have experienced these things you’ve mentioned, so they make sense to the one who is experiencing them, that being me.

But how can two people have the exact same feelings they have with themselves with another person as well, and it last forever?
Ah this is where TRUE LOVE comes into the picture.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:17 am I’ve never had that forever experience of reciprocity myself have you?
This is getting very 'deep', as some would say.

The 'I', which is WITHIN, BOTH of the human beings known here as "dontaskme" and "age", and WITHIN EVERY other human beings, has been, in a sense, reciprocating with Itself.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:17 am That love you mentioned… I know that love, and I would love it to be a reality..but it’s never going to happen is it?

Trust,
Respect,
Understanding,
Empathy,

with

Loyalty
Openness, and
Voluntary
Enthusiasm

But before I begin to keep WAFFLING ON, ANYMORE, does ANY of this here make ANY sense AT ALL to you?
Yes Age, all of what you have said here makes perfect sense to me. I also agree with everything you have said about what is true LOVE

What you wrote was very beautiful, and I enjoyed reading it. And I understood it perfectly.

I think I've known for a long time that you understand what true love is all about.

I do not know you Age, I do not know whether you are a male or a female...but all I want to add is that if you are a male then I think you would be the sort of male who would know how to really love a female as in if you were both in a consensual marriage partnership. And if you are a female then I think you would be the sort of female who would know how to really love a man.

Or, if you are bisexual or even gay...you would be the sort of person to know how to really love who ever partner they choose to be with.

Or you might even choose to be a single person all your life, and you would still know how to really love yourself.

I think you are so sweet Age.

Thanks for being here, and taking the time out of your life to respond to my posts. I think you are the most honest and genuine person I have ever had the pleasure to speak to. I feel so much love oooozing out of the above post. It almost makes me want to stop feeling so lost and broken at the state of this world right now, so thanks for lifting me up a bit.

bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:33 pm
bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:30 pm Isn't it "love that moves the sun and the other stars"?
No, I don't think it is.
You think so perhaps because you take the Cosmos for granted.

But the Cosmos is by no means taken for granted.
Its existence is only one possibility, among countless others.

The Cosmos is but a gift.
A gift of love from Chaos.

A gift that can be denied at any time.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:28 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:33 pm
No, I don't think it is.
You think so perhaps because you take the Cosmos for granted.
Well it's certainly true that I do take the Cosmos for granted.
bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:28 pm But the Cosmos is by no means taken for granted.
It is by me.
bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:28 pm The Cosmos is but a gift.
A gift of love from Chaos.
A gift that can be denied at any time.
It's not really a gift if it can be taken back, is it?