What is the Religion of Love?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

What is the Religion of Love?

Post by Dontaskme »

Christianity frequently presented itself as a religion of love, as opposed to 'loveless' Judaism and Islam.

Are we just obliged to go along with this belief?
Dontaskme

Re: What is the Religion of Love?

Post by Dontaskme »

1 John 4:19

''We love, because He first loved us.''

How can we love....when it's obvious that no force on earth can make you love another person, nor can any force on earth make another person love you. And the same goes for all earthly things...no force on earth can make us love those things, or make those things love us.

So what the heck does this LOVE word actually mean...does anyone really know?...or are you just pretending to know?...

I mean, are we just supposed to believe LOVE actually loves us? ...when it's obviously self evident, that there is no force on earth that can move this LOVE idea into an actual experiential action.
Does any sensation that apparently does resemble LOVE...is not that just an illusion, since LOVE cannot be a permanent presence in your life. Isn't the idea just another silly little emotional pretense ?

Does the word LOVE even make any sense ?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:04 am Christianity frequently presented itself as a religion of love, as opposed to 'loveless' Judaism and Islam.

Are we just obliged to go along with this belief?
Just like "christianity' presents itself as a religion of love, it is "christianity" that presents "judaism" and "islam" as 'loveless'.

Obviously, "judaism" and "islam" do NOT present themseves as 'loveless'. This presentation of them as 'loveless' is just ANOTHER DECEPTION portrayed by "christianity".

ALL of these religions do NOT LOOK AT NOR FOR ANY 'love' NOR 'good' in the "other", but only LOOK FOR the 'bad' in "others" so as to DECEIVE "themselves" that they are the 'good' and 'loving' one.

While, laughingly, at the same time, JUDGING, HATING, and KILLING those, on the OTHER "side".

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am 1 John 4:19

''We love, because He first loved us.''

How can we love....when it's obvious that no force on earth can make you love another person, nor can any force on earth make another person love you. And the same goes for all earthly things...no force on earth can make us love those things, or make those things love us.
But there is NO 'force' mentioned NOR even alluded to in the saying; 'We love, because "He" first loved us".

So, WHY did you bring the 'force' word into this equation here now?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am So what the heck does this LOVE word actually mean...does anyone really know?...
YES.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am or are you just pretending to know?...
NO.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am I mean, are we just supposed to believe LOVE actually loves us? ...
WHO EVER said, "LOVE actually loves us"?

WHERE is this idea that we are just supposed to BELIEVE such a thing coming from, EXACTLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am when it's obviously self evident, that there is no force on earth that can move this LOVE idea into an actual experiential action.
AGAIN, ONLY 'you', "dontaskme", brought up any idea of 'force' being involved in ANY way here.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am Does any sensation that apparently does resemble LOVE...is not that just an illusion, since LOVE cannot be a permanent presence in your life.
But IT can be, but it OBVIOUSLY IS NOT.

Just because some 'thing' does NOT happen does NOT mean that it CAN NOT.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am Isn't the idea just another silly little emotional pretense ?
Well considering 'you' are the ONLY one here MAKING UP these OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, and SILLY ideas here, then that they ARE silly little emotional pretenses sounds VERY LIKELY.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am Does the word LOVE even make any sense ?
Does ANY WORD even make ANY sense to 'you', "dontaskme"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am Does any sensation that apparently does resemble LOVE...is not that just an illusion, since LOVE cannot be a permanent presence in your life.
Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:50 amBut IT can be, but it OBVIOUSLY IS NOT.

So are you saying that Love can be a permanent presence in ones life?...how though?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:06 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:50 amBut IT can be, but it OBVIOUSLY IS NOT.

So are you saying that Love can be a permanent presence in ones life?...how though?
FIRST, we have to KNOW if the word 'Love' could even make ANY sense to you AT ALL.

THEN, AFTER that has been sorted out then we can move along to SHOW EXACTLY HOW 'love' can, and WILL BECOME, a permanent presence in people's lives.

So, are you game enough to SEE if we can make sense of the 'love' word for you?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:17 am
FIRST, we have to KNOW if the word 'Love' could even make ANY sense to you AT ALL.

THEN, AFTER that has been sorted out then we can move along to SHOW EXACTLY HOW 'love' can, and WILL BECOME, a permanent presence in people's lives.

Yeah, I'm game enough to see if we can make sense of the 'love' word.

What happens now that I have answered your question?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

The term Christian love is more a catchphrase than a meaningful description. Maybe it came out of a mistranslation of a word that means to have good will towards. And that would certainly be a more realist aspiration.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:23 am The term Christian love is more a catchphrase than a meaningful description. Maybe it came out of a mistranslation of a word that means to have good will towards. And that would certainly be a more realist aspiration.
I do not know what you mean, but I'm sure you know you know what you mean.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:21 am

We attempt to do it.

To me, the word 'love' just refers to either;

That 'feeling' you 'get' when it does NOT matter where you are NOR what you are doing, but you just want to SHARE that 'experience' WITH someone. And, it is that 'feeling' you have with WANTING to be with those "others" or 'other', which is what the 'love' word could refer to. Have you EVER 'experienced' 'this feeling'. Some refer to it as also a 'warm and/or fuzzy feeling within'.

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when you just want to PLEASE "another" or when you just to make them 'feel Truly happy, content, wanted, and/or belonging.

Or,

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when it does NOT matter what "another" would say or do, you would still WANT to BE with them and/or SHARE living and being alive with them.

Do ANY of these make ANY sense AT ALL to you?

(It does not matter if they do not because some people NEVER REALLY get to experience these things. Or, some do but they happened in life when they were NOT YET AWARE enough to notice these feelings.)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:35 am I do not know what you mean, but I'm sure you know you know what you mean.
Well the concept of loving your neighbour, loving your enemy, etc., comes from the Bible, and the Bible, as we know it, is a translation and interpretation of stuff that was written a long time ago, in various languages. Maybe the original message was to have good will towards your neighbours and enemies, but it was mistranslated as love. It's just a thought.
Last edited by Harbal on Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am Some refer to it as also a 'warm and/or fuzzy feeling within'.
I could never feel warm and fuzzy towards my neighbours. :?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:35 am I do not know what you mean, but I'm sure you know you know what you mean.
Well the concept of loving your neighbour, loving your enemy, etc., comes from the Bible, and the Bible, as we know it, is a translation and interpretation of stuff that was written a long time ago, in various languages. Maybe the original message was to have good will towards your neighbours and enemies, but it was mistranslated as love. It's just a thought.
Ah ok, I see what you mean now. Kind of like a word is thrown out there, and we’re supposed to translate the word with our own version of a meaning that will mean to us personally.

For me personally nothing about a reality that has me in it makes any sense.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:58 am For me personally nothing about a reality that has me in it makes any sense.
And that is just one of the things that make you particularly difficult to communicate with.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:21 am

We attempt to do it.

To me, the word 'love' just refers to either;

That 'feeling' you 'get' when it does NOT matter where you are NOR what you are doing, but you just want to SHARE that 'experience' WITH someone. And, it is that 'feeling' you have with WANTING to be with those "others" or 'other', which is what the 'love' word could refer to. Have you EVER 'experienced' 'this feeling'. Some refer to it as also a 'warm and/or fuzzy feeling within'.

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when you just want to PLEASE "another" or when you just to make them 'feel Truly happy, content, wanted, and/or belonging.

Or,

That 'feeling' that you 'have' when it does NOT matter what "another" would say or do, you would still WANT to BE with them and/or SHARE living and being alive with them.

Do ANY of these make ANY sense AT ALL to you?

(It does not matter if they do not because some people NEVER REALLY get to experience these things. Or, some do but they happened in life when they were NOT YET AWARE enough to notice these feelings.)
Yes, all these things you have mentioned do make sense to me.

I have experienced these things you’ve mentioned, so they make sense to the one who is experiencing them, that being me.

But how can two people have the exact same feelings they have with themselves with another person as well, and it last forever? I’ve never had that forever experience of reciprocity myself have you?

That love you mentioned… I know that love, and I would love it to be a reality..but it’s never going to happen is it?
Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.